What's new

UMK3 Tournament at ECC-EVO in Stamford, CT May 25-27

MKK hanzo

LOL no offense but Shock in that pic you look a lot like that actor of Bram Stoker dracula Movie of 1990:

Again NO OFFENSE intended.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
omg jaajajajaja that pic would ressemble more if shock hadn't the glasses on jajajaajajaj

dreemernj

Ambassador
Maybe we could move some of the pics to a different thread, just so this one stays related to the tourny (I'm on cell right now cant do much). Cause it'd be cool to keep a thread about the tournament itself including vids and pics from that.

im pretty amazed that crazy uses, d pad. but, i always knew that dpad has faster reaction time then a joystick. less space. evident in domicans grabs, and timed combos. most likely why mach made it so far too. there just is'nt a factory stick for this game. you'd be better off, shaving the inside of the d pad. i might go, back to that, i never tried d pad because it sucked but, im gonna roter out the inside of a d pad. see how it works out.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
In a situation of the actual arcade stick for the game vs a D-pad, arcade stick all the way. If pads were better and faster, people would use them at tournaments. When you go to console tournaments, virutally every single person has their own custom stick. Jap parts would be best I think though if and when Dreemer and I start making them.

Shock said:
In a situation of the actual arcade stick for the game vs a D-pad, arcade stick all the way. If pads were better and faster, people would use them at tournaments. When you go to console tournaments, virutally every single person has their own custom stick. Jap parts would be best I think though if and when Dreemer and I start making them.
i would agree with you, but, unless its fatory, with its own board then maybe yes. but, if you just doing simple designs no. ive tested both on sensory-motor adaptation for both, my conclusion is this. your at a disadvantage. in space and time. the reaction time from a arcade stick, a non factory stick, for xbox your reaction time will be 100ms due to two factors one, the space of your fingers between the buttons, 2 the wireing or the board of the componet not transfering the info fast enuff. a 100ms response is too late. you have to be 50ms or less for a correct response to a move. the d pad is factory and there is less coverage space to the buttons, your gonna be between 30-50ms easy..

your truely too far away from an advantage, other then anticapting moves. which vs someone of your own calibar you will lose. i would suggest rotatering out the d pad, and force yourself to learn d pad, or you'll contiue to lose, other then knowing your oppents tendency from reps of play, your not actualizing your potiential. you'll wind up with a scripted game play which, will be easy to read at the end.
'
there is one plus for you. 30yr old's have been proven to have faster reaction time then 20 yr olds.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sucks that I'm not 30.

In any event, further steps need to be taken to smooth things out, I get better response on my PSX stick than I do on the custom sticks after further testing. The Dpad itself and the button set up is just no good.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Being that UMK3 was at Evo East does that mean it'll be at Evo World's?

PEACE

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Taking this topic out of stickies as well, I think 17 pages is enough and there's been no posts in a month.