What's new

UMK3/MKT/UMK3:TE Match Videos and Links

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
^ - I fucking KNEW there was more footage un-released from the tourney. Im mad happy and at the same time, mad pissed it wasnt shown way before.

Where's my matches wit Chris G, Simon and Julian. lol. Oh yea, and REO vs Crazy D part 2, Losers finals
I have REO vs Crazy Dominican... been trying to upload it all day... but I think I need to do it with a "wired" connection... gonna try getting it up on youtube tonight. Sorry, brotha... I really don't have any excuse for this horrendous wait other than I just completely forgot about them. :(

NoDoubt

nasty
I have REO vs Crazy Dominican... been trying to upload it all day... but I think I need to do it with a "wired" connection... gonna try getting it up on youtube tonight. Sorry, brotha... I really don't have any excuse for this horrendous wait other than I just completely forgot about them. :(

lol its cool. I posted that in the heat of the moment no biggZ !

cant wait 2 see it when u upload !

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
lol its cool. I posted that in the heat of the moment no biggZ !

cant wait 2 see it when u upload !
Did you play against [MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION] at NECXI? Did you use Sheeva? I think I just found more unseen videos.. lmao

NoDoubt

nasty
That wuz Juggernaut I believe. Nah, didnt fight dancock. The vid should be in the SMROTSMK youtube page. most of the matches are in that 1.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
That wuz Juggernaut I believe. Nah, didnt fight dancock. The vid should be in the SMROTSMK youtube page. most of the matches are in that 1.
Nah, I checked both other YT accounts. Btw, I have LI Joe vs REO, Juggs vs DanCock, Summoing vs Check, DC Hustle vs NoDoubt... and possibly more.

NoDoubt

nasty
Nah, I checked both other YT accounts. Btw, I have LI Joe vs REO, Juggs vs DanCock, Summoing vs Check, DC Hustle vs NoDoubt... and possibly more.
Juggernaut vs Dancock

^ - no matches are labeled in this account. But thats it I believe

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Juggernaut vs Dancock

^ - no matches are labeled in this account. But thats it I believe
Shit, you're right... well, regardless I think I'm gonna upload them again and label them on the TYM account. I plan to start putting some extra care in to our YT page..

Thanks, bro

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I also have a bunch of MK2 vids that will be a pain to upload because I have no idea who's playing with the exception of a few like Julian vs BTBB99.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Did you play against [MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION] at NECXI? Did you use Sheeva? I think I just found more unseen videos.. lmao
That was prolly me, I used sheeva vs tha COCK

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Hey I have a question, why does UMK3 get so much more hype than MK Trilogy, when MK Trilogy is like the same exact thing plus more people? I never understood that. Wouldn't more people make it better? Just wondering

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Hey I have a question, why does UMK3 get so much more hype than MK Trilogy, when MK Trilogy is like the same exact thing plus more people? I never understood that. Wouldn't more people make it better? Just wondering
because MKT is horribly broken, if no other reason simply because it's played at 60 FPS, instead of 53.5 FPS like UMK3. At 60 FPS, certain combos are impossible to hit, plus there are combo u CAN'T do in UMK3 that are possible in MKT. UMK3 doesn't need to be "censored" by banning characters while MKT has to bann Noob, Rain, MK2 Jax, likely MK2 Kung Lao and who knows who else. UMK3 Juggernaut hack added Noob but he was banned and it was OUR fault for making him accessible......default UMK3 is fine the way it is. There are also alot more physically gameplay aspects that break MKT aside from character- specific things which Shock or Tim or a handful of other could explain mucxh better than me.

This link will explain it better still: http://ultimatemk.com/vForum/showthread.php?t=4665

Tim Static

Adminerator
Its no where near the same exact thing plus more people. Even if you removed all the added content, you'd still have a fucked up version of UMK3 and so much shit changed, ugh...

first thing i should tell you about me is for how much i love UMK3, i hate MKT equally lol.

Now, check this out: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?14990-ded-s-MK3-VS.-Ultimate-MK3-VS.-MK-Trilogy-(Parts-1-amp-2)

ForeverKing

because MKT is horribly broken, if no other reason simply because it's played at 60 FPS, instead of 53.5 FPS like UMK3. At 60 FPS, certain combos are impossible to hit, plus there are combo u CAN'T do in UMK3 that are possible in MKT. UMK3 doesn't need to be "censored" by banning characters while MKT has to bann Noob, Rain, MK2 Jax, likely MK2 Kung Lao and who knows who else. UMK3 Juggernaut hack added Noob but he was banned and it was OUR fault for making him accessible......default UMK3 is fine the way it is. There are also alot more physically gameplay aspects that break MKT aside from character- specific things which Shock or Tim or a handful of other could explain mucxh better than me.

This link will explain it better still: http://ultimatemk.com/vForum/showthread.php?t=4665
Yea that's what I thought it mainly was, the characters. So since its played FPS that means that the gameplay is faster?

Tim Static

Adminerator

The Juggernaut hack rocks because you can choose Human Smoke without using the code. Sure Noob is there, but his retarded walk speed and easy pop up/jab infinite are just silly. He would probably still be ok not banned, but fuck it. He also has no specials etc etc.

MKT should have been the ultimate 2d MK, but it ended up being a ginormous mess. And with all the talk over the last year about the Classic MK's getting remixed and refilmed (which i dont want ever), the perfect opportunity of remaking, refilming & remixing MK Trilogy would be SO godlike. The idea of MKT in the first place deserves it, not to mention all of use who've waited for another true 2D MK. :coffee:

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Yea that's what I thought it mainly was, the characters. So since its played FPS that means that the gameplay is faster?
Sorry, FPS actually has 2 meanings : 1.) FPS = First Person Shooter and 2.) FPS = Frames Per Second, which is this instance we refer to.

In other words, playing a game at 60 FPS that was made to be played at 53.5 FPS is phenomenally FAIL.

The Juggernaut hack rocks because you can choose Human Smoke without using the code. Sure Noob is there, but his retarded walk speed and easy pop up/jab infinite are just silly. He would probably still be ok not banned, but fuck it. He also has no specials etc etc.

MKT should have been the ultimate 2d MK, but it ended up being a ginormous mess. And with all the talk over the last year about the Classic MK's getting remixed and refilmed (which i dont want ever), the perfect opportunity of remaking, refilming & remixing MK Trilogy would be SO godlike. The idea of MKT in the first place deserves it, not to mention all of use who've waited for another true 2D MK. :coffee:
We have been doing some testing with Noob in UMK3 and just his walking speed alone is not the only thing sped-up on him......his recovery frames are also faster and his attacks are fewer frames (or just faster start-up), but that alone actually breaks him since it allows him to snuff moves like Hat Spin, Pycho Spin, Banshee Scream and a number of other things that eat all the other characters' moves. Him having 150% or 200% health makes him even more formidable. I definitely think Noob is still broken. LOL. Also consder a mere launcher can lead to a walking, aaHP, HP......aaHP,HP infinite across the whole screen with the right timing.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sorry, FPS actually has 2 meanings : 1.) FPS = First Person Shooter and 2.) FPS = Frames Per Second, which is this instance we refer to.

In other words, playing a game at 60 FPS that was made to be played at 53.5 FPS is phenomenally FAIL.
The speed isnt even the reason it sucks. The speed is fun sometimes. Have your played UMK DS before? The UMK3 on it plays at about MKT speed but its still UMK3. Pretty decent port actually, its just holding a DS for me gets painful after a while. Its still a great thing to have sitting by the toilet or for long trips etc etc.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
The speed isnt even the reason it sucks. The speed is fun sometimes. Have your played UMK DS before? The UMK3 on it plays at about MKT speed but its still UMK3. Pretty decent port actually, its just holding a DS for me gets painful after a while. Its still a great thing to have sitting by the toilet or for long trips etc etc.
Biggest problems I have had playing MKT were the speed affecting my combos, such as Ermac's juggles and more prominently Stryker's cross-screen infinite. The infinite is nearly impossible to do at 60 FPS, and Kung Lao's infinite is restricted to the aaHP, whiff Dive Kick, aaHP, whiff Dive Kick as a result of the hit limiter preventing a 3rd Hat Spin after Hat Spin, j.HP,Whiff Dive Kick, Hat Spin, j.HP, whiff Dive kick.

Again, it's not immense changes, but easily enough to frustrate someone used to UMK3.

Nah, i actually never played the DS version, man.

ForeverKing

Yea I read the differences between MK3 and UMK3, pretty interesting

I will read the differences between UMK3 and MKT tomorrow because the quote looks really long lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
Biggest problems I have had playing MKT were the speed affecting my combos, such as Ermac's juggles and more prominently Stryker's cross-screen infinite. The infinite is nearly impossible to do at 60 FPS, and Kung Lao's infinite is restricted to the aaHP, whiff Dive Kick, aaHP, whiff Dive Kick as a result of the hit limiter preventing a 3rd Hat Spin after Hat Spin, j.HP,Whiff Dive Kick, Hat Spin, j.HP, whiff Dive kick.

Again, it's not immense changes, but easily enough to frustrate someone used to UMK3.

yea the timing can fuck you up, no doubt. but with practice and only playing it, it would become easier and easier. But the problem is....why? lol

highly recommend getting a cheap used DS and getting that game for just having it just in case. lol its worth it, for a handheld

ded_:
if you play on ePSXe emulator this game you can make the FPS limit to 53. That's the speed the arcade version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 uses, so you will play it at that speed.

AC1984

Kaballin!
I don't mind MKT being as fast as it is. My problem is with the PSX version which imo sucks...The N64 version without aggressor is good but who has sticks for N64 tho...

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I don't mind MKT being as fast as it is. My problem is with the PSX version which imo sucks...The N64 version without aggressor is good but who has sticks for N64 tho...
But....but....but N64 controllers do have their OWN sticks LOL.

Whaaaat??? It's still stick...kinda.........if you're a foot tall and your hands are the size of a grape. :)