What's new

UMK3-MKT Combo Videos - UMK3 Infinito

ded

Elder God
i found it, in some random cases or if its too close too i think, the clone throws into wrong direction

ded_ said:
i found it, in some random cases or if its too close too i think, the clone throws into wrong direction
Thats exactly what I was thinking, if only there was some way to harness it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There's all different ways to time, and set up the Noob inf. You can compensate based on reaction in a lot of cases. Doing, teleport, throw, aaHP is the best and safest way, as the throw almost always throws them in the right direction, and you can modify the combo on the fly.

ded

Elder God
after little testing the other day i found that kabal cannot inf with bleeding jk, afb, so i remove its inf, it was my mistake ^_^

Br0ken

Noob
In my opinion MKT is extremely broken, and garbage.Umk3 is more fixed,I've come to this conclusuion after seeing them mkt venezuelan matches, and combo vids from mkt.

Br0ken said:
In my opinion MKT is extremely broken, and garbage.Umk3 is more fixed,I've come to this conclusuion after seeing them mkt venezuelan matches, and combo vids from mkt.
You can't judge by combo videos of N64 matches. The only bad ports of it are the original playstation one ("exclusive"), and N64. Everything else is very fun for casual play. A great 2nd choice if you can't play at the arcade, and it's much easier for casual play and practicing because it's a home version and very accessible. UMK3 machines aren't as available as they used to be.

The main negative for trilogy is it's bad for real hardcore play because there are a lot more things that can be abused like infinites, bosses, and moves like Noob's disabler. It's harder to be cheap in the arcade. The game is broken, yes, but calling it trash? That offends me... :(

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm really surprised there's no way to hack PSX MKT and make it balanced.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Re: UMK3-MKT Combo Videos Update-Selpex UMK3 Video - Last Fl

ultimatemk said:
3 N64 MKT videos by Ninja Grinder:

Cephalic Kombat Trilogy - http://www.darktemplarz.com/combovids.php?vid=7
Morbid Kombat Trilogy - http://www.darktemplarz.com/combovids.php?vid=14
Distorted Kombat Trilogy - http://mk.ediko.net/archive/movies/mkt/n64/distorted.divx
just wanted to clarify that Distorted Kombat Trilogy was not made by me. :wink: I gave several combos to this one, but the concept and work was hanzo's. He decided to name it that way, as an extension to my previous vidz. I'm working now on a huge snes combo/glitch exhibition for mk2, 3 and umk3.

This is the third time in a row a a combo vid came out right after I signed off my computer. This time it was virtually minutes. Luckily I was able to catch it this time on PSP while laying in bed.

Too tired. :?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wow, true insanity!

Makes me want to fire up the old N64...
Nah, I'll go mow the lawn.

my lack of activity on the forums : /

-very- impressive combos, especially loving the invisibility ones.

The Reptile juggle on Jax looks hilarious, makes me want to turn invisible everytime I get the juggle opportunity =p

Actually the ability of the guaranteed invis during Rep's juggles can't be a bad thing, if the inf breaks. But I'm not amazing with the knowledge of this game, so maybe there is something behind that I dont know? I don't remember seeing it practiced on any match videos I have seen.

Another edit: Actually I am really interested in this, being invis after a "failed" inf ending in an uppercut could compliment Reptile mix it up during the enemy's wakeup following the combo, baiting or confusing the enemy to fall into another immediate combo.

Realistically I understand the screenmovement and audio cues could offthrow the purpose, but maybe to add some pressure, or some strats could be devised? I'm so interested because the more I play Reptile I am starting to love him as a main.. and to have this idea shot down so I can learn something =p

Sorry.. final edit: After getting home to run some tests, I have partly to blame my amount of overal knowledge of this game. Doing the popup-forceball-invis-combo seems character specific as the timing (obviously) is very strict. Other characters this seems impossible (fem/male ninjas)

Yet I was able to pretty much get the combination seeminly possible (on all chars) off of a landed aaSlowForceball, hp, hp, FastForceball, invis, juggles, or any other decent amounting anti-air ending with a forceball for that matter

Still though I'm still learning a lot about this game and to get some more experienced input or comments would be appreciated =)

Staying true to the topic
Amazing video.

I would like to know to what extent autofire was used. I would be shocked it it wasn't used at all. I say this because there was a lot of glitch cancelling... a little tooo much glitch cancelling...

<_<

>_>

heh, If I want to slow it down I just record full screen. Great job, while some stuff showed flaws in the game (easy infs), others were just crazy.

Selpex

Noob
yes combos were used with slowing down the game like the crazy sindel combos and part gcing, also reveal things i didnt know on frame situations

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We're going to post about this on the main page Dave. ded_ sent it to me earlier.

Cool beans.

I wanted to something similar to this over the summer, but my friends camera broke. It would have the theme: "I swear I'm not obsessed with MK" and then imply the opposite. Show a whole bunch of clips of me playing and argueing 'who's the best' and what not. Would have had a few laughs but now it would look like a whole bunch of other people, and it won't be original or funny at all.