What's new

UMK3-MKT Combo Videos - UMK3 Infinito

Selpex

Noob
that ermac gc combo was one of the longest combos i done along with the opening shang inf, good thing hanzo sugested the gc combo

Okay, so recording trilogy combos (psx)... What's the best way to do it? Obviusly the full window isn't the right proportion. The most obvious thing is how much space is above the timer. In the past I have just been capping the whole 320x240 window (that's what mine is on right now). What would be the best screen resolution for recording these? On 400x300 I get a little lag (it's always 50-60 fps but it varies.), would it be better to use that and then increase speed with camtasia program? Also, there has to be some sort of resizing because like I said, the screen isn't the right proportion. Would it be better to make the recording box smaller? Or just use the Zoom & Pan feature with Camtasia? I haven't tried, but if I do make the recording box slightly smaller I might not get that lag. Also, 53 is a good framerate right?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Set it at 320X240 uses Pete's Softdriver 150, this will display the game at a 1:1 ratio, and you can resize/crop it yourself afterwards. 53 fps is approzimately the arcade frame rate, so I would use that as well.

P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.17 is what I was using. It seems to be very similar, It's on his main graphic plugin page: <http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm>

I configured it to 1:1 but I don't think it changes anything if the screen was already 320x240.

I just thought of something. When you produce, do you make a custom codec so it stays 53 fps?

Thanks for all the help matt.

In last flame, I noticed jax hp, dash punch three times in a row, it's still not an inf. in arcade though, right?

edit: wow, it was in shattered too.

Also, since my computer isnt working, i've been trying umk3 moves on trilogy, and homing missiles seem to lock at 2. I tried to immitate something from last flame but the third one just wouldnt come out...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
That Jax combo as far as I have tried, is not an infinite in the arcade. For the Sektor missiles, you should be able to get them out without limit, except they start to explode by the time a 4th one comes out. In order to get it to that point, P2 must be constantly jumping away so they circle him until they reach their self termination time limit.

ded

Elder God
for a long time i though it could be inf too with aahpxdash punch (not aahp, dash punch), but the max you can get is 4.

Shock, you dont need to explain those basics. I'm pretty sure I just noticed something that changed in mkt, like kungs spin. Trilogy will not allow 3 missiles on the screen at once. Or even one smart and one dumb.

ded

Elder God
Here is the list with known infinites for umk3/mkt:

Johnny Cage:
1. Relaunch infinite

Noob Saibot:
1. Teleport Slam, aaHP, aaHP, aaHP - inf
2. Teleport Slam, aaHP, Clone Throw (breaks combo and hits them in the air) - inf
3. Relaunch infinite

Baraka:
1. In corner aaHP, Blade Swipe - inf

Cyrax:
1. 3 hit kick combo corner inf on Baraka

Sonya:
1. Relaunch infinite
2. Leg grabxLP infinite (its a very questionable aka mk1)

MKII Raiden:
1. Relaunch infinite
2. Variations of teleport, aaHPHPHP juggle infinites
3. On Sheeva & Robots, pop up combo, teleport, SUJK - inf

MK1 Raiden:
1. Corner ducking LK - inf

Rain:
1. aaHP, RH - inf
2. Fireball, Miss Fireball - time inf

Shang Tsung:
1. Multiple variations of infinites with the Ground Eruption.
4. 2 autocombo infinites on Baraka.

Kano:
1. Relaunch infinites
2. in corner on certain characters (grab - inf) (grab, LP or HP - inf)

MK1 Kano:
1. on Sheeva in corner, JPS, HP,HP,HP,HP - inf (almost like a relaunch)

Sub-zero:
1. near corner on Sheeva aaHPHP, iceshower - inf (dont work in MKT)

Human Smoke:
1. Relaunch infinite
2. Broken unblockable pop up combo, to B&B juggle infinite

Reptile:
1. Upward Relaunch on Sheeva
2. muliple infinites using his dash elbow canceling jab juggles, HPHPHP, dash - inf HPHP, HP, dash - inf etc.
3. Corner: aaHP, aaHP, dash, aaHPHPHP - inf

Jax:
1. In corner on Sheeva 5 hit combo, aaHP, dash punch, RH, JPS - inf

Mileena:
1. Relaunch combo

Sektor:
1. Relaunch infinite
2. HK,HK autocombo inf on Baraka

Liu Kang
1. Relaunch combo
2. in corner on Sheeva, Robots, etc bleeding JK, air Fireball - inf
3. on Sheeva bleeding JK, Air Fireball, RH, grounded bike kick - inf

MK3 Kung Lao:
1. aaHP, JP or JK, whiff Dive kick (semi inf over 100%)
2. in corner on certain characters JK, pause, Dive kick - inf
3. Spin, virtually any move - inf (UMK3)

MKII Kung Lao:
1. aaHP, JP or JK, whiff Dive kick (semi inf over 100%)
2. On Sheeva & Robots 4 hit pop up, teleport, SUJK, inf
3. other bleeding JK, Dive Kick (in corner on Robots and Sheeva and possibly other characters)
4. Relaunch combo semi inf

Robot Smoke:
1. 2 autocombo infinites on Baraka

Nightwolf:
1. 3 hit kick combo inf on several characters in the corner

Sindel:
1. Flight cancel infinite in corner
2. Relaunch combo semi inf

Ermac:
1. Relaunch combo semi inf

Classic Sub-zero
1. Relaunch combo

Stryker:
1. Relaunch combo
2. Corner infinite, JK, aaLP or HP, gun
3. aaHPx2 or aaLPx2, Gun Semi Infinite

Kabal:
1. Relaunch combo
2. 2 auto combo infinites on Baraka

Goro:
1. Free range Lariat infinite on Bosses

Shao Kahn:
1. Grab infinite on certain characters

Motaro:
1. Broken, unblockable, unavoidable Grab infininte on Bosses

Kintaro:
1. Grab infinite

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Don't be afraid everyone, in terms of UMK3, you will probably only ever see Kung's, Stryker's, Reptile's, and Nightwolf's. :lol:

ded

Elder God
its possible but i duno someone will try more than 3 cycles, the chances for 3 cycles i think is the same as 3 relaunchers ^^

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Nice ded_, how about a UMK3 infinite vid where you can update it for newly found infinites?

Selpex

Noob
Konqrr said:
Nice ded_, how about a UMK3 infinite vid where you can update it for newly found infinites?
i was talking to hanzo about that a while ago, would be good to clear up on all infinites in character order/explain how they're done/who they can only be done on etc have to get back to ded on it when hes on tomorrow

I like the idea of having one video that shows off all known infs for umk3. It wont be one of the best or popular videos, but it would be the ultimate source, and very educational.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Give us time, it'll all be documented fully. Tutorial videos are most likely the next thing on our agenda.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Trilogy is secondary to UMK3. Various new moves and adjustments to old characters need to be taken into account. Right now it's just too much work. In time I suppose.

I must know who found noob's clone throw infinite for shattered, and why it sometimes throws the victim the opposite way.