What's new

UMK 3, MKT for Saturn question

Here's the thing, I want UMK3 , other than the 360, I want one of the console versions, I already have the Genesis version. Is the Saturn version close to the Arcade version with Rain and Noob included? I also want MKT....I hear alot of talk between the PSone and N64 version but what about the Saturn Version? Is it better/worse than the ps1 and n64 version?

Kaiba

Noob
The MKT port runs the same as the PS/PC version. I currently do not own that game yet.

I have the UMK3 for Saturn. It does not have Rain or Noob playable but the version of Noob is that his MK3 Kano form. If it wern't for the 360 port, I'd say it is the best home console port being closest to the Arcade, but still very different.
Dreemer pointed out some differences on my other post about UMK3's gameplay on Saturn.

http://www.ultimatemk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1288

dreemernj

Ambassador
UMK3 for Saturn has identical quality graphics, the same menus and everything as MK3 for PSX and Windows. They just added on the Ultimate content, but did a not-so-great job of it.

MKT for Saturn, as was mentioned, runs the same as the PSX/PC version. However, I've never found a copy of MKT for Saturn that has all the gameplay tweaks that the final versions for PSX and PC had. So it's like buggy MKT for PSX.

dreemernj said:
So it's like buggy MKT for PSX.
Buggy trilogy was the exclusive one. When they made it for PC and Saturn they also remade it for PSX right? So saturn version would be identical to that one, which judging from what other people have said, is somewhat fixed but not as close to arcade as the final version was.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah, I realized afterwards I said buggy MKT but for me that means 2 different versions, lol.

So there was the Buggy MKT, a more polished MKT, and a finished MKT. PSX got all 3 versions. PC looks like it got the last 2 versions, and Saturn looks like it got just the more polished, but not the finished.

Buggy might have come out for PC as well, I don't know. I used to have the more polished, and now I have the finishd MKT for PC so I know there were at least those 2 versions.

Kaiba

Noob
Do combos on UMK3 have different readout depending on the opponet? Because I did the following with Ermac -
vs Liu Kang- SUJK, HK, LP, JK, TKS, aaHPHP, Fireball-39%
vs Jade (the very next fight) SUJK, HK, LP, JK, TKS, aaHPHP, Fireball-46%

Kaiba said:
Do combos on UMK3 have different readout depending on the opponet? Because I did the following with Ermac -
vs Liu Kang- SUJK, HK, LP, JK, TKS, aaHPHP, Fireball-39%
vs Jade (the very next fight) SUJK, HK, LP, JK, TKS, aaHPHP, Fireball-46%
No, it's 46% everytime. Although it's 39% if you leave out the JK before the TKS. That's probably what happened

Kaiba

Noob
I'm 100% sure I got the JK in.
The damage readout did it again, this time with a Classic Sub combo.
SUJK, HP, HP, D+LP, D+HP, JK, slide
vs Liu Kang 38%
vs Smoke 45%

No it's 45% every time. I haven't tried on saturn but on all other versions it's like this, I don't know why it would change. You're going to need a vid for me to believe you.

MKK hanzo

In UMK3 arcade there is a damage difference on one same combo:

Kano hphp d+lp d+hp jk knife upper and i got 37% on rev 1.1 and 36% on rev 1.2. lol

ded

Elder God
has anyone tryed same combo with bleeding jk?

also there are different damage for same combos, shock showed me one for liu kang but i forgot it lol, there were few more

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
First thing I tried was to see if there was a difference between bleeding and juggle JKs in the combo, but there wouldn't be since DP is already activated and there's no special DP properties that change a 1 pixel situation like for a spin with Kabal.

Liu Kang's SUJP and regular JP do different damage. Some other characters might too, but in MKII there are a bunch of different damages for regular moves between characters, like Raiden's RH, Kung's SUJK, etc, in MK1 Kano's ducking HK does a lot of damage.

ded

Elder God
some moves like sindel's scream, sub's freeze and etc do 1pixel damage in damage protection or juggle sometimes but in n64 sub's freeze and ice shower if comboed do 1% damage maybe more, i have no idea about saturn version.

has anyone also got it to work with that new emulator, there is a video of it which dave posted, that emu crashes everytime i tryied to run it :confused:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Any move that does no damage will do a pixel if in a DP scenario, and any moves that have a pick up that does no damage, also do a pixel. Example, Stryker's Baton Throw, first hit of Sonya's leg grab, probably gotcha and manhandle too. So if the rest of the combo's damage is enough so that that the 1 pixel puts it over the next full digit, it'll add 1% to the read out, but still, 1 pixel to the combo.

You guys know about this one:

Uppercut, uppercut, RH, JK, D+LK, D+LK.

Now do JK, it won't kill them, but if you do bleeding JK + freeze/spin/net/anything like that, the projectile will kill them.

You know you can kill someone with 6 JKs if you do double freeze backfires after each one.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I don't have access to the game to try anything. But the point where the damage changes can be figured out by checking the damage at different points in the combo.

Kaiba, could you try the combo a couple of times, starting with just the auto and adding the hits to it to see where the damage is off? I can't tell from the vids but it almost looks like the autocombo itself is doing less damage. I'd be interested to figure out why that's happening.

The Ermac combo should have these damages depending on which hits you include in it:
sujk, hk, lp = 26%
+ jump kick = 34%
+ TKS, HP, HP = 40%
+ fireball = 46%

dreemernj

Ambassador
I just tried it out in Emu. I know it's not the same but damn it looks like every autocombo causes double damage protection or maybe even worse. I didn't really look into the numbers much, but right off the bat I tried H. Smoke's HK, LP, jump kick, teleport punch, spear, lk, D+LP, d+HP, jump kick and it did something like 26%.

And HK, LP, jump kick does 18% I think. I think the HK, LP does 15, and the jump kick should add 7% to it, instead it adds 3%, so it's probably adding 3.5% and is probably doing double damage protection.

It's almost like they decided to test out a new damage scaling mechanism with Liu Kang. Is the damage normal against Liu Kang in MK3 for PSX/Windows?