What's new

UMK 3, MKT for Saturn question

MKK hanzo

I know it's not the same but damn it looks like every autocombo causes double damage protection or maybe even worse. I didn't really look into the numbers much, but right off the bat I tried H. Smoke's HK, LP, jump kick, teleport punch, spear, lk, D+LP, d+HP, jump kick and it did something like 26%.
LOL so that is the best balanced version of UMK3? H.Smoke doing 26% with a 40% plus combo? LOL TIERS PLEASE!! Joking

dreemernj

Ambassador
Sadly, I don't think any balancing will bring it back from it's brokenness.

Scorpion: HP, HP, HK, HK, standing aaHK, standing aaHK in the corner.

A symptom of a deeper cause.

dreemernj

Ambassador
lol, that was supposed to be HP HP HK B+HK, but you get it.

The recovery time off combos is insane

I was just talking with ded_ a very tiny bit about how crazy a combo video for this would be. The stuff that's broken in that game is so random.

I would try combos with it but I've never played it on an actual Saturn and I don't know how close the Saturn emulation is. MKT for Saturn seems prety muh correct. I think the emu I use (SSF) is pretty close to perfect except for the opening videos. But I haven't been able to record it, and it's speed isn't absolutely constant.

But I at least want to know what other random weirdness is in there, especially after seeing Saturn Protection.

Also, it's really funny to play UMk3 with MK3 AI ;-)

Kaiba

Noob
I am having fun with practing these combos :D Too bad the only thing is I cannot get clear screens. I'd have to get one of those of plugins for my mac. Yabause cannot utulize controllers or record as of yet.

Kaiba

Noob
I went back and did some more playing around with UMK3 for Saturn.

Two things I noticed about trying high damage combos.
1. Sindel's scream, if done at someone who is lunging in with an attack will instantly pull them right up in front of her making more aaHP, Sreams possible.
2. Liu Kang's popup has no damage resistance like the other versions of the game. Redux Liu high damage- SUJK, HP, HP, B+LP, JK, Air Fireball, JK, Air Fireball, HP,Bike Kick, 7-hit combo, standing HK. I think it does 100% if not you can probably get another JK, Air Fireball in there for 100.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah, the people that made the saturn version sure did love Liu Kang. Its like Ric Flair doing moonsaults in wcw vs the wotld.

Kaiba

Noob
After goofing around some more with this game, somehow the "corner inf" trap is possible midscreen! :shock: I had someone standing there holding down +block and I just kept on LP jabbing at the right speed. I was Sheeva and the other was Lao.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Interesting, I knew of the SS version of MKT and UMK3 but I has more interest in UMK3 honestly.

Either way, sadly none of us have it here apparently since the console sucked for the part with the exception of a few games here and there.

Quick question though, other day on MKT for my N64 and PSX doing some hot Ermac combos from here, 45%, 50%, 52%, 54% thru 66%-70% was the highest I've done so far.

Question is this, all of these combos work on UMK3 arcade port as well?

Example of some of my favs are:

TKS, HPx2, teleport miss, HPx2, JK, sweep

TKS, HPx2, teleport miss, JK, TKS, Hpx2, Jk(or fireball)

TKS, HPx2, JK, teleport punch, TKS, Hpx2, JK, sweep(or RH/Hk near corner)

Fireball is another option to finish off a lot of combos with I've noticed.

Since Ermac has an insane amount of variations, was just wondering in general if these are indeed possible for the UMK3 arcade port. Every time I play, he's locked lol and I don't have the game myself for the 360 so that's why I ask.

Thanks. :wink: