What's new

UAm I the only one who wants Bo'Rai Cho for DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn2019

Noob
He's not even that much of a comedy character.

And I'd say he's as puerile and ill-fitting as ripping spines and eating brains.

Look, I'm really tired of having to defend a good character. You guys prefer the more generic, child-like approach of cool edgy dark and fit ninja warriors? Ok. Be my guest.

I'm also getting the impression that there's a sort of tribe mind here at work, in which the cool thing to do is to hate on Bo'Rai Cho on principle. Maybe it's insecurity in liking a fat character who pukes?
I have good news for you. You don’t “need” to defend a fictional character. Unless you have some sort of self-identifier with Bo, I see no reason for you to be upset that other people don’t like a character you do.

Lun

proud TERF!
I have good news for you. You don’t “need” to defend a fictional character. Unless you have some sort of self-identifier with Bo, I see no reason for you to be upset that other people don’t like a character you do.
I'm not fat, I'm not a male, and I don't fart and puke alcoholic drinks.

Then again, I'm also not a Japanese thunder god.

But I like those characters and therefore I think it's pretty normal to be disappointed, even irritated, if other people clamor against them. The more clamor against them, the less likely for me to see them again in a game.

Did I really need to spell that out?

Gerchap

Noob
Boraicho isn’t a character worth of a DLC he is a character that should be in the starting roster

Trained Liu Kang and Lao and even Raiden called him Master Boraicho so what the fuck?

Bring Boraicho and design him well, don’t slim him down wearing those tights, bring him exactly like in MKD.
Master Bo’ Rai Cho

Radam

Noob
I like Bo'rai Cho, while I didn't use him that much in MKX because he was overshadowed by more interesting DLC characters, he's so much fun and I love how disgusting he is and I love that people can't handle that.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Would LOVE to see my main back for the round but I don’t see it happening plus he wasn’t very well received...

I also don’t want to have the joker injustice affect of him being outbid in the game to just be terrible for a 2nd new gen game in a row lol

Burn2019

Noob
I'm not fat, I'm not a male, and I don't fart and puke alcoholic drinks.

Then again, I'm also not a Japanese thunder god.

But I like those characters and therefore I think it's pretty normal to be disappointed, even irritated, if other people clamor against them. The more clamor against them, the less likely for me to see them again in a game.

Did I really need to spell that out?
All you’ve spelled out is that you’re unhappy with others being able to voice an opinion you disagree with.

It’s not a very good look.

Lun

proud TERF!
All you’ve spelled out is that you’re unhappy with others being able to voice an opinion you disagree with.

It’s not a very good look.
Try it again.

Half of the thread is people mocking a character I like, or assuming that if I like him I must look gross like him.... and you come here and tell me I'm the one looking bad here - because I explained it's normal to get a bit irritated when people actively speak against the character you want in the game.

Shoo, go try starting an argument with someone else.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I repeat: I think Bo'Rai Cho is FAR more interesting and creative than yet another edgy colour-coded ninja.

You guys honestly don't like him because he's fat and he pukes? Isn't that as dumb as not liking D'vorah because she's a bug?
Nothing personal just being honest:
I have no problem with you liking BRC.

I wouldn't say I don't like him like I wouldn't hate if he was in but literally almost everything about him repulses me in every way so I garanteed I wouldn't main him at all.

• He is a drunk martial artist
  • He is overweight
  • He farts and pukes for main specials
  • He stumbles ungracefully.
I understand he is a joke character and that's cool but I don't imagine he is a very popular character. I have personally loved the ninjas both male and female ones in the franchise. The entire game was based on martial arts and had a fantasy twist. Rain is cool because he is modeled after Prince and he is purple I mean come on. But Rain isn't my favorite ninja by far it would have to be Smoke, Reptile, Ermac, Sub Zero(Bi Han), Noob for male ninjas and Mileena, Kitana, Jade for the female ninjas.

There are many characters I would rather have than BRC:

Off the top of my head:
  1. Smoke
  2. Shang Tsung
  3. Rain
  4. Reptile
  5. Cyrax
  6. Sektor
  7. CyberSmoke
  8. CyberSubZero
  9. Sereena
  10. Mileena
  11. Shinnok
  12. Quan Chi
  13. Chameleon
  14. Khameleon
  15. Tanya
  16. Shajinko
  17. Fujin
  18. Bi Han (Sub Zero)
  19. Ermac
  20. Tremor
  21. Sindel
  22. Stryker
  23. Sheeva
  24. Goro
  25. Ferra Tor
  26. Tekada
  27. Noob & Smoke
  28. Khronika
  29. Kintaro
  30. Motaro
  31. Jax
  32. Did I mention my boi Cyrax? ;)
Just being honest.

Last edited:

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Well I rather see Bo Rai Cow again than the likes of Cyber-Smoke, Cyber-Zero and Shujinko, also another Sub-Zero in there would be overkill, so I'd rather see Bo Rai Cow.

They just need to remove the farts and maybe puke and make him more serious.

Burn2019

Noob
Try it again.

Half of the thread is people mocking a character I like, or assuming that if I like him I must look gross like him.... and you come here and tell me I'm the one looking bad here - because I explained it's normal to get a bit irritated when people actively speak against the character you want in the game.

You yourself presented this:

People speak against Bo > developers don’t include Bo as a result > that’s why you get irritated with people speaking against Bo. That’s why you want them to stop and ask them to stop.

Therefore you’re irritated because they are STILL ABLE to speak against Bo.

As I said, not a good look on you. Tough luck, people can say what they like.

Lun

proud TERF!
You yourself presented this:

People speak against Bo > developers don’t include Bo as a result > that’s why you get irritated with people speaking against Bo. That’s why you want them to stop and ask them to stop.

Therefore you’re irritated because they are STILL ABLE to speak against Bo.

As I said, not a good look on you. Tough luck, people can say what they like.

I'll just say this: not taking your bait, and not replying to you anymore. Anybody can actually read this thread and draw their own conclusions, so I don't need to explain anything.

Lun

proud TERF!
Well I rather see Bo Rai Cow again than the likes of Cyber-Smoke, Cyber-Zero and Shujinko, also another Sub-Zero in there would be overkill, so I'd rather see Bo Rai Cow.

They just need to remove the farts and maybe puke and make him more serious.
Again, without the farts and pukes he's just another drunken master.

What else, making him slim and fit?

I've already explained that the pukes and farts ARE what makes the character.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Again, without the farts and pukes he's just another drunken master.

What else, making him slim and fit?

I've already explained that the pukes and farts ARE what makes the character.
"Without farts and pukes, Liu Kang is just another Chinese martial artist." Yeah, not really. That's where personality comes in.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Try it again.

But it perfectly fine for you to hate on Rain of course. Look in the mirror, before you say something like this.

Burn2019

Noob
I'll just say this: not taking your bait, and not replying to you anymore. Anybody can actually read this thread and draw their own conclusions, so I don't need to explain anything.
There’s a shock. Of course, you don’t actually have a reply to that other than “oops”. See you around!

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I’m a big fan of the drunken master archetype in general but was never too thrilled with the juvenile direction NRS took theirs in when it came to this character.

That being said I kinda ended up maining him in MKX because nothing was more hype than explosive fart combos lol oh god someone kill me

pure.Wasted

I disagree. That's like saying you can remove ice from Sub-Zero or thunders from Raiden.
Except for the part where farting and puking is not a special power...?

Bo'Rai Cho wouldn't be the first character in the history of mortal Kombat to receive a makeover. Reptile, Ermac, Rain, and Noob's abilities were changed COMPLETELY. NRS changed Sonya's specials from being magic to being technology. Did anyone bat an eye? Did it make the characters not fit into MK? No. It was welcomed.

pure.Wasted

While I think Lun is talking shit in pretty much all of her posts, this seems... untrue?
After re-checking, it turns out I misremembered about Rain and Ermac, who were unique from their first appearance. Sorry about that!

However, there were indeed 4 characters with completely redesigned movelists:

Reptile in MK1 had no unique moves, just Scorpion + Sub-Zero's moves.
Noob in MK2 just had Scorp's moves. In MK3, he had no specials at all.
Smoke in MK2 just had Scorp's moves. In MK3, same thing. In UMK3, he's a mix of Scorpion + Ermac.
Jade in MK2 just had Kitana's moves.

Lun

proud TERF!
While I think Lun is talking shit in pretty much all of her posts
Still, this is just arguing for arguing sake lol. Lun still talks garbage, whether it’s praising sex-negativity in MK or angrily defending a farting puking “comedy” character.
Ok, at this point I'd like for the moderators to take a look here.

Disagreeing is one thing, but you've been personally attacking me for a few posts now. This is very rude of you.

You came to this thread, started insulting me, and when I decided to ignore your flame attempts you've started to become ruder and ruder.

Please, can you stop?

Espio

Kokomo
He's not even that much of a comedy character.

And I'd say he's as puerile and ill-fitting as ripping spines and eating brains.

Look, I'm really tired of having to defend a good character. You guys prefer the more generic, child-like approach of cool edgy dark and fit ninja warriors? Ok. Be my guest.

I'm also getting the impression that there's a sort of tribe mind here at work, in which the cool thing to do is to hate on Bo'Rai Cho on principle. Maybe it's insecurity in liking a fat character who pukes?
Some of my favorite characters are Stryker and Sheeva who are not exactly top shelf in popularity. You like a less popular character. I am secure in my tastes to where I don't care if ANYONE likes them. You posed a question at the end of the day. All you can do is make your case and keep it moving. Don't get hung up on people's views. You have varied and unique tastes and there's nothing wrong with that, but you gotta just keep it moving. At your request I will close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.