What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_blart_mc

RIP Salty_Nippless 2015-2016 :(
@babalook @Rice

In terms of everyone 'playing by the same rules' as done traditionally, I think NRS would have to know everything before hand and place restrictions on what can be adjusted in the frame data, if that is what they're doing anyways. And of course also offset other moves frame data to mantain balance.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Spawn isn't DC. He is Image comics. IMAGE. Unless they cut some cash to McFarlane and Image it aint happening.
Todd Mcfarlane would let them use him for free, dude is so desperate for attention or reviving Spawn to the masses.

That said, it won't happen, not enough people want or care about Spawn.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Good shit man.

That's what I was trying to do but only had mspaint to work with.

I was also trying to dewrinkle it a bit, by moving the lowerhalf down a bit and trying to fill in the space with an approximation, assuming it was manta. Any chance you want to give that a go?
Nah, it's definitely not Manta.

In the left one I made the shading darker so you can see there's like a cross going across the middle. I thought maybe those indentions in the top were his eyes, but you can see in the right one that they wouldn't be in the right spot, since Manta's eyes are on the front of his helmet, not the top. I've circled the spots where his eyes would be if that was Manta's helmet.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
You do know that Ted Kord is working in the DC universe right now, right? And if rumors of a Booster/Beetle movie are true then it's going to be Kord, not Jamie, so Kord's inclusion makes more sense. Just saying it's an option.
Blue Beetle will be the Jaime Reyes version, you can quote me on that.

Jaime has appeared in Teen Titans vs Justice League, You Justice, and will appear in the new Justice League Action. All Thats missing is a live action movie appearance.

Plus in the comics he's getting his own title with Ted as a supporting character/mentor. It'll definitely be Jaime in the game, assuming BB is in.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Todd Mcfarlane would let them use him for free, dude is so desperate for attention or reviving Spawn to the masses.

That said, it won't happen, not enough people want or care about Spawn.
Yeah, he's about as 90's as it gets. Its probable that more people would want Invincible than Spawn at the moment given sales and popularity. Heck even The Darkness and Witchblade are more current from 3rd party publishers sadly.

Spawn's good but he's probably stuck capeless on the Xbox in Soul Calibur 2 for life.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ohh two legends that I live for right now to escape reality.

Ed Boon and Geoff Johns!! MK and DC, nothing else matters. lol :D

Awesome, great interview loved how Johns played MK 2 on SNES til 4AM. Yep! Good memories lol

And this also confirms Injustice is canon, but merely a different universe within the DC Multiverse like Convergence confirmed! This is why I love DC, I know Marvel has one too but they don't explore their Multiverse nearly as well as DC does not just in comics but various mediums.

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
On the other hand I've always wanted to play a fighting game where a specific game mode allowed you to change the frame data so that the professional community could balance the game themselves.
Great isn't it? The only issue will be to get all the players to agree on what is allowed and what not, a real challenge if you ask me.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Huh...I get why there are so many tri-s in areas but thats a lot of unnecessary polygons for that shape. Coulda dissolved a lot of edges and unneeded vertexes there. I'd have just baked a bunch of that.
Neat though...kinda clues me in that dev kitting on next gen hardware means you can use more polygons than needed and not give a damn :)

So what's everyone's take on the gear system so far?

I think that it sounds good on paper, but has the potential to make the game a bit of a mess. In MKX the variation system for the most part works well; there are definitely variations that are stronger than others but the catch is that picking one variation takes away the tools of another variation.

For example, Mileena has some super strong tools in piercing(b12), ravenous(low pounce) and ethereal(EX fade), but you can't have all three at the same time, so it kind of balances out.

If the gear system plays out to be a customizable version of variations then I feel like the game will be near impossible to balance, like if Mileena could have all of her strongest tools at once(I can't really think of a better example than Mileena because I haven't played MKX for a while). So if the characters with top tier move sets also had some pretty game changing gear upgrades that could be applied simultaneously they would basically be god tier.

The random loot drop thing is also kind of weird; in MKX all variations are unlocked from the start so there is no unfairness, but if it's just RNG then I feel that skill wouldn't be the number one decider of a mirror match, but whoever was lucky enough to have the best gear.

To counteract this NRS could make the gear system thing specific to certain modes so that competitive play would be on equal ground, or just unlock all the gear from the start.

They always have only 6 females on Disc, so far we Know
Supergirl
Harley
Wonder woman
and we're obviously going to get catwoman, that means only 2 female reveals left to last all the way until 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.