What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Gear will be a casual Crutchfest
Meh. Doesn't make them wrong for having fun how they prefer to have fun. Not everyone plays in the lab, framecounts and wants to be FGC. Smash bros has a ton to cater to casuals with stage hazards, items and smash balls. Do I bitch about them? Oh hell yes, but I am allowed to turn them off and play my way without keeping others from playing their way so I'm fine with it (even if I feel hazard/item damage should be toned down).

I guess all I'm saying is that its the casuals who make NRS more money than the FGC just like the casuals make Smash more money than the FGC. So long as they incorporate modes for us to play the game our way with a "no shenanigan" standard loadout of tools so that competitive players have a level playing field to focus on then its cool if there is a ton of other kinds of play to please folks not so FGC oriented in playstyle.

All NRS needs to do at this point is announce how the standard competitive modes work and it'll be a runaway hype train from there IMO.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
IIRC there were an I-ism aside from the usual X, A and V-ism in a console port of SFA3 were you could customize your char gaining new mechanics (like air block, alpha counter, etc) after winning matches in world tour mode or something like that. Maybe this Gears thing could work like that, you could have a default char (X,A,V-ism for tournament play) alongside a custom char (I-ism) for casual play. I know i'm off topic but this just came to mind :oops:.

RagsTheGoat

Booster Gold is in Injustice 2
Meh. Doesn't make them wrong for having fun how they prefer to have fun. Not everyone plays in the lab, framecounts and wants to be FGC. Smash bros has a ton to cater to casuals with stage hazards, items and smash balls. Do I bitch about them? Oh hell yes, but I am allowed to turn them off and play my way without keeping others from playing their way so I'm fine with it (even if I feel hazard/item damage should be toned down).

I guess all I'm saying is that its the casuals who make NRS more money than the FGC just like the casuals make Smash more money than the FGC. So long as they incorporate modes for us to play the game our way with a "no shenanigan" standard loadout of tools so that competitive players have a level playing field to focus on then its cool if there is a ton of other kinds of play to please folks not so FGC oriented in playstyle.

All NRS needs to do at this point is announce how the standard competitive modes work and it'll be a runaway hype train from there IMO.
This is all i want.

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity

An option to turn them off would be amazing. Mostly because i'm afraid the gear system will be too close to gems in xTekken. And lets face it, that was more shit than anything else.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I like the gameplay @Juggs suggested. The variation thing is cool however I hope it doesnt hold NRS back from putting more characters in the game.

I just hope for good walk speed but an invitation to use footsies and not rely on auto pilot characters like Bane, MMH, Aquaman, Batgirl or characters with ridiculous damage potential like Flash or WW in the corner with her safe options. We would want to see more back and forth action and not a "touch of death" as we seen with Batgirl and other characters.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
An option to turn them off would be amazing. Mostly because i'm afraid the gear system will be too close to gems in xTekken. And lets face it, that was more shit than anything else.
Depends on what Gear does. Auto block ? Oh yeah, that was dumb and Capcom knew it. They knew folks would have to buy it though if they wanted to deal with stuff. NRS hasn't mentioned microtransactions at all though so I get the feeling gear wont be designed quite so frivolously as some of those gems were though.

Imagine if some gear worked like assist calling or like Shang Tsung character morphing mid match though. That stuff would be amazing. Imagine the combos you could do with a pressure expert like Zatanna with them legs flying around only to gear shift into Superman to finish out strong for damage. There is a lot of potential with this sort of gameplay environment. Whether its stuff like this or just straight up new moves assigned to a "gear button" like giving folks like Bane a beam or folks like Green Arrow luthor's drones its a big deal.
I like the gameplay @Juggs suggested. The variation thing is cool however I hope it doesnt hold NRS back from putting more characters in the game.

I just hope for good walk speed but an invitation to use footsies and not rely on auto pilot characters like Bane, MMH, Aquaman, Batgirl or characters with ridiculous damage potential like Flash or WW in the corner with her safe options. We would want to see more back and forth action and not a "touch of death" as we seen with Batgirl and other characters.
What has me pumped is they refer to the roster as VAST. Just how big is this thing?

RexxyC

what's done is done
They need to tell people how multiplayer and tournaments are gonna work, because people are going goddamn crazy over the gear stuff.

RagsTheGoat

Booster Gold is in Injustice 2
Depends on what Gear does. Auto block ? Oh yeah, that was dumb and Capcom knew it. They knew folks would have to buy it though if they wanted to deal with stuff. NRS hasn't mentioned microtransactions at all though so I get the feeling gear wont be designed quite so frivolously as some of those gems were though.

Imagine if some gear worked like assist calling or like Shang Tsung character morphing mid match though. That stuff would be amazing. Imagine the combos you could do with a pressure expert like Zatanna with them legs flying around only to gear shift into Superman to finish out strong for damage. There is a lot of potential with this sort of gameplay environment. Whether its stuff like this or just straight up new moves assigned to a "gear button" like giving folks like Bane a beam or folks like Green Arrow luthor's drones its a big deal.
What has me pumped is they refer to the roster as VAST. Just how big is this thing?
im thinking Armageddon big

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Let's say each character has a set amount of points divided in diferent categories and gear only allows you to change those, like, as an example, giving 10 more points to your speed gauge, but taking them away from the life gauge, I think that would be the best way to go with gear.

I don't think it will be that though. I wonder if we will get normals and specials tied to them, and how many pieces can a character have? There are still too many questions, I guess will start to get answers next week.

trufenix

bye felicia
I am very excited about the Gear system and nobody seems to be talking about its potential outside of ruining the meta. Is anybody else but me hype? The current quote is "say, a thousand pieces for Flash" so I'd like to hear what other people who are excited might be thinking.

Just a couple of my current discussion points:
-How many slots do you think a character will have?
-Are these our alternate costumes or do you think there will be alts as well?
-Do you think every character will have the same amount or will Batman and Superman have gigantic closets while Sinestro has a measley 10 items?
-Do you think characters will share pieces or will you have to grind it out for every single character?
-Do you think every piece is unique or do you think we have a one bracer with 20 different stat variations situation?
-Do you think we'll be able to customize them or combine them or even buy / sell them or just all of them sitting in a giant menu waiting to be picked like MKXs player cards?
-Will there be "conditions" for unlocking them similar to time shifted chests in the Krypt or do you want to just keep playing and get one every couple fights?
-Do you think they will grant actual moves or character abilities (traits) or just have effects in battle like abilities in custom kombat (frost touch, slow down, speed up, criticals, insta-kill, etc)?
-Do you think they will tell us how many are actually in the game or will we be finding them two years from now like we still are with Brutalities?

Or anything else you happen to be thinking. My personal hope is that this is how they "include" all those characters nobody wants but people insist they want. A guy gardner face for Hal, an inverted S and color scheme for supes, even equipping amell's voice on my arrow woudl all be fantastic ways to expand the roster without actually doing it.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
They need to tell people how multiplayer and tournaments are gonna work, because people are going goddamn crazy over the gear stuff.
Yea i hope the NRS folks since this and give us some new info and or a proper gameplay trailer at E3 next week. I would kick ass if Ed an co showed up at EVO2016 this year to give us more info as well...but a man can dream lol

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Holy shit, "thousands and thousands" of pieces of gear? That's pretty ambitious.
It certainly sounds like it. But considering they mentioned Destiny as an inspiration, they could just have 100 different hats in 12 different colors and call it "over 1,000" different head pieces. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm going to remain very cautious when it comes to WB and their business practices.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It certainly sounds like it. But considering they mentioned Destiny as an inspiration, they could just have 100 different hats in 12 different colors and call it "over 1,000" different head pieces. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm going to remain very cautious when it comes to WB and their business practices.
You're probably right. I wonder if there will be "Rare" pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.