What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt really need to be confirmed, there has been rumors, and talks here and there, that they have been working on this since around the first MKX DLC pack... Im quite sure They are already done with prep work and are working on the game atm... Like it or not MKX is pretty much Done for them, at best you will see a patch hit after Evo just to tweek 1 or 2 things here and there and thats it for MKX. Injustice 1 did extremely well for them, (WB) there is 0 reasons with the new movies and series lineup for them not to do a Injustice 2 and use it as an Publicity stunt to boost interest in what has been a huge gamble for them... MKXI wont happen for another 4 5 years
true but no one knows for sure until they give solid proof, it could be a whole different game for all we know

Noob
true but no one knows for sure until they give solid proof, it could be a whole different game for all we know
Also true lol, but its going to be Injustice 2, that IP worked wonders for NRS and more importantly WB they wouldnt just gamble on a new IP out of the blue...

Also true lol, but its going to be Injustice 2, that IP worked wonders for NRS and more importantly WB they wouldn't just gamble on a new IP out of the blue...
what would the story be like? They finished the whole injustice story in the first one, the whole comic was finished in the first one. So Injustice 2 isnt gonna have a story?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Chucky, Beetlejuice, Sweeney Todd, Annabelle and Scorpion as DLC obviously.

On a more serious note, I like the idea of different versions of characters as variations (Lanterns, Flash, Batman, Hawkgirl/Hawkman, Robin/Nightwing, Deadpool/Deadshot etc).
I wanna say the way they did Leatherface (different skins and looks) and Triborg's variations (different everything) was a way to test the potential of this idea.

Noob
what would the story be like? They finished the whole injustice story in the first one, the whole comic was finished in the first one. So Injustice 2 isnt gonna have a story?
The Story of the first one bankrolled on an alternative outcome/universe lets say a what if! so they can always pick up at any point considering dc sure likes their time traveling changing outcomes... im sure their decision of the roster will impact the story and not the other way around... But to prove a point more loosely based on factual information, "MILD SPOILERS AHEAD FROM BVS" Dcs cinematic universe has already setup a possible Paradox event with Batman V Superman, with the exact outcome Injustice 1 story had ( On Batmans Dream sequence Clark loses his little girlfriend Becomes Evil etc.. etc...) Thats the flash back you get in the movie which is exactly what happens in the game, only difference is that in the cinematic universe we seem to have a evil Superman Working with Darkseid, Which i pointed out will 99% likely to be in the game... In Injustice 1, it was just Supes alone... So with the fact that this is all a series of possible outcomes, they can pick up at anypoint of the story and have Darkseid intervene to progress with a different outcome than the first game

The Story of the first one bankrolled on an alternative outcome/universe lets say a what if! so they can always pick up at any point considering dc sure likes their time traveling changing outcomes... im sure their decision of the roster will impact the story and not the other way around... But to prove a point more loosely based on factual information, "MILD SPOILERS AHEAD FROM BVS" Dcs cinematic universe has already setup a possible Paradox event with Batman V Superman, with the exact outcome Injustice 1 story had ( On Batmans Dream sequence Clark loses his little girlfriend Becomes Evil etc.. etc...) Thats the flash back you get in the movie which is exactly what happens in the game, only difference is that in the cinematic universe we seem to have a evil Superman Working with Darkseid, Which i pointed out will 99% likely to be in the game... In Injustice 1, it was just Supes alone... So with the fact that this is all a series of possible outcomes, they can pick up at anypoint of the story and have Darkseid intervene to progress with a different outcome than the first game
They really can't alter the comics tho, they have to be going by the comics

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
They really can't alter the comics tho, they have to be going by the comics
Not necessarily...I mean its comic books. We got magic users, dimensional travel , time travel, etc etc.

If they wanted to run a story angle that the heroes wanted to try and save the lives of the victims in the Injustice universe by using Dr. Fate or say Flash's Treadmill of Time or even Luthor tech to go back in time they could alter anything in the comics they wanted. Alliances could shift, various things could change. Its how all retcons work.

More than story though I am curious about what gameplay elements will change in terms of core mechanics.

• Will interactibles stick around, go away, or change slightly to change up how they work in the meta?
  • Will we still have a dedicated input for wallbounces or launcher sorts of things?
  • Will stage transitions stick around, go away, or be altered somehow in how they function?
  • Will we have a run or a dash?
  • Will we gain other mechanics like dodge rolls, tag, assists, air dashes, or any other classic tools that dramatically shift gameplay?
  • How will they change clashes? Will they remove them for something else or retool them?
  • How will meter be used in this next game and will there be more than one type of meter to use like a stamina, burst, HD Gauge, Ultra or some other kind of meter ?
These are my REAL points of interest going in.

That and whether or not The Ray will ever get used by DC in anything as amazing as the Injustice fighting games.
He wont even though hes the top energy user in DC and able to produce Red Sunlight as a useful plot tool for story. My boy will never shine. :(

KCJ506

Noob
If they decide to put in variations, I think instead of three the characters should just have two. For example Deathstroke having a style that focused on his guns and the other style focusing on his swords. Which I think would be more interesting instead of mixing up the two weapons in a single playstyle.

And perhaps give the characters two supers this type. Which one they'll use depending on which variation you're using.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Chooseable traits would be more interesting and practical, imo.
Now THAT I believe is probably the most exciting potential direction they could have for this game. I played Arcana Heart after I found out just how much customization existed in its characters and just how insanely good and crazy the movesets were in spite of its terrible waifu aesthetic. One of the most exciting things if not the VERY most exciting thing was that by choosing an Arcana you got several passive traits, specials, supers AND a unique to each arcana comeback tool that activated during an "Xfactor" like state. They balanced these Arcana by having each Arcana modify your damage output and health.

If Injustice 2 took character traits and had them as equippable options like Arcanas in Arcana Heart I would be beside myself. I have been wanting someone to take that gimmick and run with it ever since I played that game and discovered how amazing it is to be able to customize in such a fashion. Its something FAR deeper than variation changes or choosing assists or something.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So Jaeroar made a video today not sure if anyone watches him on YT, says he knows someone personally a tester supposedly who said it's being worked on....so maybe Injustice 2 is indeed the next NRS game? He also said though that another team will be working on it from WB besides NRS and will incorporate both previous Injustice and some MK X gameplay elements into it. Hmmmm. Hope we get a trailer or teaser at least for E3.

So Jaeroar made a video today not sure if anyone watches him on YT, says he knows someone personally a tester supposedly who said it's being worked on....so maybe Injustice 2 is indeed the next NRS game? He also said though that another team will be working on it from WB besides NRS and will incorporate both previous Injustice and some MK X gameplay elements into it. Hmmmm. Hope we get a trailer or teaser at least for E3.
When is the finals of e3?

KCJ506

Noob
I've seen some people on other sites(and even here) that don't care for Injustice ranting and raving about how there shouldn't be a sequel and how NRS should do MK11 instead. It's just sad to see people being salty over the prospective of another Injustice game. They just got a MK game that's barely a year old. Let other people have their fun as well.

And for people to actually think that they'd announce MK11 so soon is just a bit naive. Especially considering NRS doesn't just make MK games anymore.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I've seen some people on other sites(and even here) that don't care for Injustice ranting and raving about how there shouldn't be a sequel and how NRS should do MK11 instead. It's just sad to see people being salty over the prospective of another Injustice game. They just got a MK game that's barely a year old. Let other people have their fun as well.

And for people to actually think that they'd announce MK11 so soon is just a bit naive. Especially considering NRS doesn't just make MK games anymore.
The prospect of another Injustice game means the lost interest of a MK game from the community.

I'm indifferent to both, but look at it from the MK fans point of view :
If a new Injustice fighting game is on the horizon then my community loses interest in my game, I don't want that.
- MK fan's POV

Status
Not open for further replies.