What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 at E3 2016 Thread

trufenix

bye felicia
@Pig Of The Hut cool, appreciate it!

Ok, here's mine : Will we be able to customize the colors of the characters to our hearts desires a la MKA's KAK regardless of the gear system, example: change Superman's costumes green while making his cape and S shield orange, boots black etc as and can we use this online and at tournaments say to differentiate Supermans, Batmans from each other?
Color change is linked to your entire kit, not individual pieces. Which is way better for everyone.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
The woman questioning Ed on the Xbox stream knows so little about what she's been told to talk about that it makes me furious that I wasted my time watching it. She doesn't know anything about DC, fighting games or NRS. What was the point in her conducting the interview with know pre-written questions? I don't know why this is making me so upset lol.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
The woman questioning Ed on the Xbox stream knows so little about what she's been told to talk about that it makes me furious that I wasted my time watching it. She doesn't know anything about DC, fighting games or neather realm. What was the point in her conducting the interview with know pre-written questions? I don't know why this is making me so upset lol.
lol Yeah man, that was brutal to watch. I like her (fake) enthusiasm, but that was definitely the weakest interview I've seen yet. Poor Ed just had to sit there and wait for it end.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Will interactables be blockable? (I'm guessing yes)

Will we see more than one trait per character?

Will gear pieces compile to create alternate costumes, or will those be separate?

Will there be a "bulk equip" option for entire set pieces?

Will competitive modes (no gear stat changes) still allow for cosmetic gear and alternate costumes?

When are you announcing Swamp Thing?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So, instead of providing an option for people who do / don't want to grind, they should either force everyone to grind or just torch the system entirely? How would you prefer the system to work?

Or, it'll be handled the same way dlc has been handled in every one of their games for years?
Honestly I would prefer there to be no gear in a fighting game. Haha. If it turns out well, then great!

The point is I don't want to be ripped off. NRS's DLC/unlock model has progressively leaned towards them raking in more cash in crafty ways. I don't want to see them walk further down that path.

MK9: had 4 DLC characters. Some skins.

IGAU: had 4 DLC, 2 single DLC, mobile game with micro transactions. Skin packs

MKX: A Krypt clearly designed to seperate the lazy from their cash to unlock what should be included content. Mobile game with micro transactions, many skin packs and single skins. 8 DLC characters. Fatality coins.

See where I'm going with this? When do we as the consumer call bullshit?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Does the roll benefit either zoners or rushdown? Is the roll universal or do different characters roll differently?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Color change is linked to your entire kit, not individual pieces. Which is way better for everyone.
Ok, but I think there's also options with it like if you see the Black Superman outfit with silver chest emblym for example, that's two different pieces the outfit and the crest, know what I mean? I was wondering if they did something more along the lines of ok you get the gear/armor right? Then you can literally change the color of color A(costume itself) and color B(crests on chests, icon etc) so what you're saying is once you unlock gear you can only change the armor color? I saw that in the first gameplay trailer but it looks a bit deeper than that but not sure if it's quite as free as MKA's KAK if you know what I'm saying.

Still Boon was kind of vague with that first IGN vid.

1. why does superman have the same strings again, when he literally has one super duper annoying good string and the rest are poopoo and serve no purpose? doesn't that make him boring?

2. were there any other ideas for aquaman's trait besides, "he's a water guy, he's slippery, so let him slip out of combos."?

Hello, don't know if this has been asked or answered. The gear you obtain... will it be for your entire account or just the character you're playing at the time you earned it. Example, if I obtain a really good chest piece on Gorilla Grodd but I wanna use it on Superman.. is that permissible ?

Skedar70

Noob
Is the clash system equal to injustice 1 or are there any differences?

Will the game include tag play ala MK9?

Is there a pairing system were you will get paired with opponents of your same skill level or possibly character level online?

Will injustice 2 be the game for the ESL Pro league will it substitute MKX?
(Not sure you can get an answer for these)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Honestly I would prefer there to be no gear in a fighting game. Haha. If it turns out well, then great!

The point is I don't want to be ripped off. NRS's DLC/unlock model has progressively leaned towards them raking in more cash in crafty ways. I don't want to see them walk further down that path.

MK9: had 4 DLC characters. Some skins.

IGAU: had 4 DLC, 2 single DLC, mobile game with micro transactions. Skin packs

MKX: A Krypt clearly designed to seperate the lazy from their cash to unlock what should be included content. Mobile game with micro transactions, many skin packs and single skins. 8 DLC characters. Fatality coins.

When the tradeoff is an insufficient amount of fun things to enjoy in terms of hours spent with the game. If the tradeoff is ever one where it is disproportionate in terms of cost vs fun then it wont be worth it.

Till folks stop enjoying these games and the depth of things they have in them ,especially compared to the competitors games, then I dont see a reason it should stop. We tend to get our moneys worth.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Did anyone notice
"Update #7: PS Blog Interview with Ed Boon" 12:17 min
Ed Boons says "Mortal Kombat X HAD 8 (dlc) characters" :eek::(
KP3 deconfirmed???
I don't know why anybody would even think KP3 would ever be a thing at this point.

trufenix

bye felicia
Which is cool, but since NRS has already demonstrated there will be modes and options for people who want no part of it, why are you still so critical of a system you have no interest in?

I would ask you what your comparison is. If NRS is leaning towards raking in cash in crafty ways, who is out there still putting customers and content first at the AAA level?

I don't see where you're going. You've highlighted a bunch of negative qualities and ignored the positives. I would love to see your appraisal of literally any other developer.

trufenix

bye felicia
Ok, but I think there's also options with it like if you see the Black Superman outfit with silver chest emblym for example, that's two different pieces the outfit and the crest, know what I mean? I was wondering if they did something more along the lines of ok you get the gear/armor right? Then you can literally change the color of color A(costume itself) and color B(crests on chests, icon etc) so what you're saying is once you unlock gear you can only change the armor color? I saw that in the first gameplay trailer but it looks a bit deeper than that but not sure if it's quite as free as MKA's KAK if you know what I'm saying.

Still Boon was kind of vague with that first IGN vid.
I get what you're going for, but at least as of right now, that isn't how it works. You have the individual pieces which make up the "highlights" of your kit, and then 4-5 color options that recolor the bulk of the character. You can see it at work in this vido at about 11:45;

I suppose the question of are they finally going to do something with the Stance Button. It's been the most useless addition to the NRS line up for years...

I assume the female characters are going to have smaller hit boxes/hurt boxes than the men.

Will they continue with the Gadget/Big Body theme, or will they add more? Atrocitus summons Dex-Starr as an assist. Will there be other characters with similar abilities? A third "Class" of character so to speak.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Hey @Pig Of The Hut How do characters appear on screen now? Are they bigger? Does the camera zoom out less? One thing I didn't like about the original Injustice was how on most levels (because most were huge AF) The camera would zoom out soo far and characters would appear itty bitty.

-Next. How do interactables work? Do we still have "gadget" and "power" characters? because that shit could be totally unbalanced at times. Id hope everyone uses interactables the same way.

Side Note: What do you think of Atrocitus? That character and his play style screams pig of the hut to me (from what i can tell)

Last edited: