What's new

TYM's IGAU November tier list

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Ares d2 is slow and has a pretty mediocre hitbox. It can get the job done, but Jokers jump ins are fast and very difficult to anti air on reaction. Jokers jump 3 also tends to beat Ares j1 in my experience. On top of the Jokers sweep and crowbar out range Ares and shut down most of footsies options, so Ares has very little he can do up close or to get Joker off of him

Joker's oki game can be devastating to Ares. The only wake up that gets Ares some of the teeth set ups is far teleport or meter burn teleport. The far teleport is punishable on a read ad the mb one require meter that Ares needs to zone. The recovery on the far teleport is long, in addition to the long start up. If Ares is using far teleport to run away Joker can hit him with guns on reaction.

Joker outzones Ares in this match up. Jokers guns are faster than Ares fireballs(both in start up and projectile speed, meaning it's difficult for Ares to even trade projectiles), do more damage than Ares non-mb fireball, stuff teleport, and stuff Ares trait. In addition the ability to hold and cancel them is excellent for baiting out and punishing godsmacks and teleports. If Joker gets the life lead he can turtle very effectively. Teleport is punishable and Ares poor mobility makes it difficult to get in or do anything against a Joker who's just going to sit there waiting to punish a teleport or stuff/trade every projectile Ares tries to throw.
Ares d2 is slow but the hitbox is pretty good post d2 buff. It beats out j3 pretty cleanly most of the time, and at worst trades. It needs to be done somewhat on a read, but it is more than good enough to aa j3.
The only way for j3 to beat it out is to do a deep ranger j3, but that opens up the air to air game.
Granted I know if he's waiting to d2, it lets me throw out naked teeth and dash in. But the point is Ares isn't free to Joker's air game.

Alright i'll try zoning more in the match up
But trying to zone an Ares is a really bad idea in general imo.
One teleport read and I just lost, i dont know, 20-30%.
Also even though Joker's gun has faster start up, its a high so you can just duck all day.
If we just go back and forth whiffing high projectiles, ares will build meter for mb fireball and will win the chip war with that.
Joker won't win a pure zoning match. Joker's zoning only helps me stop you from zoning for a brief second so I can dash cancel the gun and get in.

Yes the threat of gunshot keeps you from spamming your zoning, but I just can't throw gunshot out too much because of the threat of teleport. And that opens up your zoning.
The risk reward is in your favour, yes on trades I win by like 1%. And i'll beat your zoning if we go shot for shot, but one teleport read is all it takes. Then you can just turtle all day.
Before I could at least punish teleport, but now he can keep himself safe with mb teleport into d1. You cannot punish that, if you try to pre-emptively do it the punish comes out in the wrong direction. If you delay it so it corrects itself, ares d1 will beat my d1(or w/e punish im going for). Now I know d1 sword is interruptible for full combo. But once I start waiting for the d1, you can just tele into throw or other pressure.

I'll play the match some more and try your stuff out, maybe i'm wrong and I just need more experience, but from what i've played its a horrible match for Joker.
He won't win the zoning war and mb teleport wrecks Joker now.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
best dash in the game

tons of multi-hitting moves to counter-armor

he has a almost full screen advancing special which you have to duck to punish which leads to a full combo, this move allows him to blow up zoners, along with the fact he can slow down time to get in... his headbutt is beyond cheap

he does have insane damage, he has a lot of 50 +% vcombos for a bar with his trait

uunreactable 50 50s (7 frame low 15 frame overhead)

he has an unfair corner game and ridiculous knockdown pressure, in 10 seconds he can take away a whole life bar

he's an insane character, ovrpowered, top 5 potential

they headbutt at most does 31% damage, doesn't go full screen. unsafe as fuck.
the headbutt is a great whiff punish and nothing more. Flash has to work extremely hard to get in, he can't just dash in or he will get punish. There are at least so many characters that can outzone flash.
his damage is great, but without meter he is useless. especially when you characters like BA doing 40% combos with no meter.

for flash to be top 5 he has to be better rounded that the following:
Superman
Black Adam
Killer Frost
Doomsday
Aquaman
Zod
MHH

that's 7 characters that are clearly better than flash in every aspect.
killer frost has true mid screen 50/50's, she doesn't need to take you to the corner.
Superman is one of the best keep away and can match flash's pressure, don't even get me started in his corner bullshit.
aquaman: mix up,trait, god like range.
Zod: he has what all the above characters have.
MHH: no bad match ups, great traits, set ups
Doomsday negates your keep away game, will shake you to death.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
for flash to be top 5 he has to be better rounded
Not getting into the rest of this post, but I need to point out this logical error because it's important I'm the wider context. The way this chart is constructed is unconcerned with how rounded a character is since it's doing nothing but giving a flat average. A 3-7 and a 7-3 would average to a flat 5, but that number doesn't give you a necessarily realistic story. If I had wanted this to be a really good tier list, I would have found some way to weight it for tournament viability (characters with more drastically bad matches being shoved down the list).

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm not sure where you checked for Zatanna MUs but there's at least 14 MUs that are listed wrong on there. But I can't blame you, she hasn't been played to her fullest potential yet, not even by me.
All over the place. The DLC characters were the hardest ones. Same thing I've told everyone else, though - hop to educating.

they headbutt at most does 31% damage, doesn't go full screen. unsafe as fuck.
the headbutt is a great whiff punish and nothing more. Flash has to work extremely hard to get in, he can't just dash in or he will get punish. There are at least so many characters that can outzone flash.
his damage is great, but without meter he is useless. especially when you characters like BA doing 40% combos with no meter.

for flash to be top 5 he has to be better rounded that the following:
Superman
Black Adam
Killer Frost
Doomsday
Aquaman
Zod
MHH

that's 7 characters that are clearly better than flash in every aspect.
killer frost has true mid screen 50/50's, she doesn't need to take you to the corner.
Superman is one of the best keep away and can match flash's pressure, don't even get me started in his corner bullshit.
aquaman: mix up,trait, god like range.
Zod: he has what all the above characters have.
MHH: no bad match ups, great traits, set ups
Doomsday negates your keep away game, will shake you to death.

flash does not have to work hard to get in.... hes incredibly fast and his headbutt commands you to duck...if he doesn't meter burn its extremely hard to punish max range especially if done sparingly its also not reactable...if you don't duck he's advantage and you are blocking a mixup or doing a punishable backdash... he's one of the hardest characters in the game to zone, plus he can phase through your projectiles anyways... headbutt is only good as a whiff punish ..... christ its a bullshit move and without it he still gets in for free and he's a goddamn touch of death character.... and his up close game is 1000 times better than supes and his corner is just as bad

doomsday doesnt do any damage and has to burn meter to get in...earth shake is decent

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If I had wanted this to be a really good tier list, I would have found some way to weight it for tournament viability (characters with more drastically bad matches being shoved down the list).

Not just drasticsally bad MUs, you also have to take into account how common those characters are at that level.
For example, lets say Zatanna - Bane is 7-3 Zatanna. How many Zatanna players are attending tournaments? Now lets say that Aquaman beats Batgirl 3-7 (hypothetically). Batgirl and Aquaman are a lot more common in tourneys than Bane or Zatanna are, so how would you rank that? Would you put Batgirl lower because she has a more common counter, or would you count Zatanna - Bane the same as you would Batgirl - Aqua despite being a much more uncommon circumstance?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I know I'm kinda new here, but I'll throw this out there. I know we have people revamping the combo threads, would people be up for doing new MU threads? I don't know if every character would even need a new thread, but I'll certainly do my part for Hawkgirl if people would be up for it (I'm only asking for support because I don't want to be talking her MU numbers with myself. I hate myself and that would turn into a lot of bickering and name calling).

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Not just drasticsally bad MUs, you also have to take into account how common those characters are at that level.
For example, lets say Zatanna - Bane is 7-3 Zatanna. How many Zatanna players are attending tournaments? Now lets say that Aquaman beats Batgirl 3-7 (hypothetically). Batgirl and Aquaman are a lot more common in tourneys than Bane or Zatanna are, so how would you rank that? Would you put Batgirl lower because she has a more common counter, or would you count Zatanna - Bane the same as you would Batgirl - Aqua despite being a much more uncommon circumstance?
I agree with you in terms of this being ideal, but it's ludicrously impractical. It's going to depend on the local environment in a lot of cases, and at a major tournament there's no guarantee you won't see any or all of them come up. People will have to make that part of the judgment unassisted.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I know I'm kinda new here, but I'll throw this out there. I know we have people revamping the combo threads, would people be up for doing new MU threads? I don't know if every character would even need a new thread, but I'll certainly do my part for Hawkgirl if people would be up for it (I'm only asking for support because I don't want to be talking her MU numbers with myself. I hate myself and that would turn into a lot of bickering and name calling).
Some characters have already gotten new threads. If you think Hawkgirl needs one, poke Espio, I believe he tends the HG forums.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Some characters have already gotten new threads. If you think Hawkgirl needs one, poke Espio, I believe he tends the HG forums.
Like I said, I'm new so I haven't combed this stuff over too much yet. Espio would certainly know better than I would if we would need a new thread, and he has my support if he wants to kick off a new discussion, dude's been super friendly to me

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
LOL at people saying this is dumb or unproductive. I know one thing: its hella more productive than just saying "whens mk 10?".
You make a good point, fuck this MU bullshit, when's MK10? I'm hoping we see Chucky this time for the non-MK horror movie icon DLC. Him, or the girl from the exorcist

Espio

Kokomo
Like I said, I'm new so I haven't combed this stuff over too much yet. Espio would certainly know better than I would if we would need a new thread, and he has my support if he wants to kick off a new discussion, dude's been super friendly to me

The combo and video threads are fine.

Runway and I are working on separate guides for Hawkgirl. The match up thread has regular discussions and seem to be in suitable order.

The forum is generally tidey and orderly, I'm here to make sure people get the most out of the forum. I don't see much that needs to be done, but people are welcome to give whatever feedback they want and I've often made posts there asking the Hawkgirl community for contributions or feedback...people seem generally satisfied.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I agree with you in terms of this being ideal, but it's ludicrously impractical. It's going to depend on the local environment in a lot of cases, and at a major tournament there's no guarantee you won't see any or all of them come up. People will have to make that part of the judgment unassisted.
You could do a weighted system based on tier position. Losing to a high tier character hurt your position more than losing to a lower tier one. It's not completely accurate, but it's a fairly practical way of dealing with the 'losing to Zatanna matters less than losing to Aquaman' issue. Generally you're more likely to run into a good tournament play using a high tier character that you lose to, and if you run into a crappy tournament player using a low tier character that you lose to the match up numbers are less likely to play a large role in the results

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Runway and I are working on separate guides for Hawkgirl. The match up thread has regular discussions and seem to be in suitable order.

The forum is generally tidey and orderly, I'm here to make sure people get the most out of the forum. I don't see much that needs to be done, but people are welcome to give whatever feedback they want and I've often made posts there asking the Hawkgirl community for contributions or feedback...people seem generally satisfied.

Alright, good stuff. So we HG's are up to snuff, get on our level TYM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XPw3Mu9UxM8/T1ia4eya1UI/AAAAAAAACB0/h6CRP_bqJo0/s1600/Hawkgirl.jpg

\totallytakingcredit