What's new

TYM's IGAU November tier list

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I hope people realize he based the matchups from reading all the matchup threads and putting it down on one list minus a couple not discussed which he just put down for completion.
Even presuming that I did nothing except read and copy numbers - I didn't, but I'll entertain your pretense - why should this list come out so wildly inaccurate? You'd be surprised how little conflict I actually ran into. The biggest issue I had if any was dealing with data I knew was outdated and having to run with it anyways - and again, this supports one of the main purposes here.

There's only two possibilities here: either what I'm saying that people need to step the fuck up and improve the information available about their character, or everyone including myself is completely wrong and this list is surprisingly accurate (probably not).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This cracks me up. "I don't think she's top 2, but I think she's even BETTER than the list says!"

Though for the record, I plugged your changes in and her tier position didn't move at all.

Lmao nooooo! I gave her a bad MU and an extra 5-5. Did it really make it look better? Haha

Gilbagz

Joker here~
I can agree with most of jokers. Some more match ups could be 5-5.
Only thing I disagree with is Joker beating Ares 6-4.
There is no way Joker wins that match up.
Ares d2 is fine for anti airing jokers j3, and if you space it so that he can't, he can air to air with his really good air normals.
He keeps Joker out fairly easily, and now with the teleport buff, Joker is going to have a hell of a time trying to chase him down.
Also he eliminates Joker's oki game with his wake up tele and he can duck Joker's best string so it eliminates a huge part of jokers game.
4-6 Ares imo minimum.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'm curious where the Scorpion-Ares match up number came from as well. It looks like most of your Ares match up numbers came from my chart in the post patch Ares match up thread(which is a problem in itself because that list was made immediately after the patch and with mind set that things would get drastically better for Ares and for the most part that didn't pan out. I appreciate what you were trying to do though and I've got an updated chart up in that thread now that you can look at if end up trying to revise the numbers for this. Lots of match ups changed since that patch and it take a lot of time to get experience and flesh everything out), but I don't think anyone from either the Scorpion or the Ares community ever considered that match up even.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Five matches is a lot.
Not really, especially since none are off by more than one. Using your precise list changes virtually nothing.

Also here you go Steve Jobs.
Too bad I started this before you made that status, huh?

Lmao nooooo! I gave her a bad MU and an extra 5-5. Did it really make it look better? Haha
Infinitesimally, I think. It didn't move her position on the list at all for sure. Not a single person's demanded changes yet actually would have, except maybe Pig and ZOD. And even then, just barely bumping him up.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm curious where the Scorpion-Ares match up number came from as well. It looks like most of your Ares match up numbers came from my chart in the post patch Ares match up thread(which is a problem in itself because that list was made immediately after the patch and with mind set that things would get drastically better for Ares and for the most part that didn't pan out. I appreciate what you were trying to do though and I've got an updated chart up in that thread now that you can look at if end up trying to revise the numbers for this. Lots of match ups changed since that patch and it take a lot of time to get experience and flesh everything out), but I don't think anyone from either the Scorpion or the Ares community ever considered that match up even.
You. You I like. You saw something you disagreed with and went back to try and fix it.

I really don't know if I'll do another version. But stuff like this makes me feel more enthusiastic about it. I'd like to see just as much as anyone a list less contentious. It would mean we're doing something right.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Even presuming that I did nothing except read and copy numbers - I didn't, but I'll entertain your pretense - why should this list come out so wildly inaccurate? You'd be surprised how little conflict I actually ran into. The biggest issue I had if any was dealing with data I knew was outdated and having to run with it anyways - and again, this supports one of the main purposes here.

There's only two possibilities here: either what I'm saying that people need to step the fuck up and improve the information available about their character, or everyone including myself is completely wrong and this list is surprisingly accurate (probably not).
Well I was trying to back you up but my post was poorly worded. I apologize.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I can agree with most of jokers. Some more match ups could be 5-5.
Only thing I disagree with is Joker beating Ares 6-4.
There is no way Joker wins that match up.
Ares d2 is fine for anti airing jokers j3, and if you space it so that he can't, he can air to air with his really good air normals.
He keeps Joker out fairly easily, and now with the teleport buff, Joker is going to have a hell of a time trying to chase him down.
Also he eliminates Joker's oki game with his wake up tele and he can duck Joker's best string so it eliminates a huge part of jokers game.
4-6 Ares imo minimum.
Ares d2 is slow and has a pretty mediocre hitbox. It can get the job done, but Jokers jump ins are fast and very difficult to anti air on reaction. Jokers jump 3 also tends to beat Ares j1 in my experience. On top of the Jokers sweep and crowbar out range Ares and shut down most of footsies options, so Ares has very little he can do up close or to get Joker off of him

Joker's oki game can be devastating to Ares. The only wake up that gets Ares some of the teeth set ups is far teleport or meter burn teleport. The far teleport is punishable on a read ad the mb one require meter that Ares needs to zone. The recovery on the far teleport is long, in addition to the long start up. If Ares is using far teleport to run away Joker can hit him with guns on reaction.

Joker outzones Ares in this match up. Jokers guns are faster than Ares fireballs(both in start up and projectile speed, meaning it's difficult for Ares to even trade projectiles), do more damage than Ares non-mb fireball, stuff teleport, and stuff Ares trait. In addition the ability to hold and cancel them is excellent for baiting out and punishing godsmacks and teleports. If Joker gets the life lead he can turtle very effectively. Teleport is punishable and Ares poor mobility makes it difficult to get in or do anything against a Joker who's just going to sit there waiting to punish a teleport or stuff/trade every projectile Ares tries to throw.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Duck Nation, SonicBoomBrad:

I've started doing this exact thing more than a month ago. But of course, people (even the selected few I chose per character) are still arguing about their own numbers.

Duck Nation, this is a great first attempt though, but yeah you shouldn't take the numbers from the forums, where randoms and online morons can just post their shit. You need to ask people who know what they're doing.

Also it's funny all the idiotic people arguing with the numbers. "I feel this character should be higher even though that list is based on hard numbers and not random opinions I have or how I feel about this character based on my own online-only experience and the tournaments I've never watched, but just saw the results of when I was pooping on my cellphone".

TYM 2013

Zod numbers are really really wrong
I asked you and you said "ask m2dave", what's up with that?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
this is a great first attempt though, but yeah you shouldn't take the numbers from the forums, where randoms and online morons can just post their shit. You need to ask people who know what they're doing.
You'd be amazed how careful I was on that point. I avoided people who have a reputation for downplaying, talking out of their ass or being generally unhinged. You'd be horrified at what this list would look like if I hadn't.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Hey, look, more people who didn't read anything but the numbers.
hey don't get mad bro I'm just sayin this tier list made me feel a certain type of emotion due to the amount of grayson it sucks but hey its not your fault. apparently its ”mine” and I'm ”basically calling myself wrong”

LOL

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I didn't see the match but I heard it wasn't pretty lol

Playing to Win MB B3'd or Jump Back Fear Axe'd every YOLO slide. Black Mamba did all the work for him.

Also, I like Rico over Playing to Win in that money match. Forever King has an understanding of spacing in this game similar to Rico and he blew P2W's back out in Grand Finals.

It's 6 months into the game and people are still letting their opponents dash in their face.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
hey don't get mad bro I'm just sayin this tier list made me feel a certain type of emotion due to the amount of grayson it sucks but hey its not your fault. apparently its ”mine” and I'm ”basically calling myself wrong”

LOL
Right. And if you don't like it, the Superman forums are thataway. Hop to.

4x4lo8o

Noob
You. You I like. You saw something you disagreed with and went back to try and fix it.

I really don't know if I'll do another version. But stuff like this makes me feel more enthusiastic about it. I'd like to see just as much as anyone a list less contentious. It would mean we're doing something right.
Haha, you have no idea how upset I was when I saw how high Ares was on the tier list, then realized you got that using my numbers.

I've been waiting for someone to do something like this. It's hard to come up with all the match up numbers, but it's the closest to an objective ranking we can get and it's just a fun and handy chart to have around. Some people did one during MK9 and I always really enjoyed it. Waiting for the updates and seeing what got changed with every version was fun.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Haha, you have no idea how upset I was when I saw how high Ares was on the tier list, then realized you got that using my numbers.

I've been waiting for someone to do something like this. It's hard to come up with all the match up numbers, but it's the closest to an objective ranking we can get and it's just a fun and handy chart to have around. Some people did one during MK9 and I always really enjoyed it. Waiting for the updates and seeing what got changed with every version was fun.
Working on it was not nearly as fun iirc