What's new

TYM's IGAU November tier list

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
flash top 5?
this thread is a fraud.
Chris G gives tops tiers a good run for their with a bottom 2 character, he can't be that god like.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Whaaaat theeee heeellll.

Zatanna should be a little bit higher, Hawkgirl shuld be a bit higher, Harley Quinn should be a bit higher, Wonder Woman is top 5.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Lol, I missed the GA being bottom 3 on the list. Even if he was lower, what ChrisG does would bring him up a few pegs. Having said that, I think that's where tiered list work better for this game. GA would come out mid tier, instead of being bottom 3 (MU numbers on the site are at fault again according to how the list was made)

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
why would you say she's top 10?

I don't think she's top 10. :s
Lol what? Shes top 5. This game is extremely balanced, but she is probably the 5th best in the game.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Zatanna's numbers are way wrong
She doesn't lose to Green Arrow lol, she defeats him 6-4.
There's simply no way in the world of Zatanna going even with MMH, he is her worst match up, this is maybe 8-2
She defeats Bane 7-3
She losses to Deathstroke 4-6
Flash is 5-5, not 4-6
She losses to Harley 4-6
She doesn't lose to Hawkgirl, it's 5-5
She doesn't lose to Joker, she wins 6-4
She defeats Lex Luthor 6-4
She doesn't lose to Sinestro either, she wins 6-4

Hawkgirl's numbers are hella wrong too
She defeats Ares 6-4
She doesn't lose 3-7 to batgirl, it's 4-6
She loses to Batman 4-6
She defeats Catwoman 6-4
She defeats Lobo 6-4
Martian Manhunter defeats her (not sure if 6-4 or 7-3)
She goes even with Zatanna
Zod defeats her 7-3

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm actually pretty glad I didn't post the rest of what I wanted to say earlier, because it's going to have more punch now.

People who don't like this: Good. You're not supposed to. I think the list is full of shit and erroneous matches too. I'm not going to go specifically targeting who I thought fucked up, but I can tell you that a lot of character forums are still in shitty shape and filled with people that have tunnel vision for their own character. Very little discussion about characters is two-sided, and the level of downplay in some character forums is utterly ludicrous. You don't like what this says about your character? Fine. Do better.

The only reason I labeled this as "November" is because I may do another at some indeterminate point in the future.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Oh, and to answer the question that came up a couple times - no, this is not just based on random match numbers, at least in any possible case I had more to go on (sometimes, I didn't). I've been combing character forums for good discussion and paying attention to what people say about their matches and where the consensus on certain things lies and trying to get views from both sides. Stuff where I felt matches were really well articulated and explained accounted for less than half the list, with no particular bias towards character.

Again, this is not my tier list. I think a lot of it looks wildly wrong (although there's some things that look absolutely dead-on right too) and I'm really sitting here trying not to admonish particular forums and posters for sucking because I don't think any particular forum at the moment is in good shape or has accessible information.

Do you know why matchup numbers are useful? Because when you talk about what you win and what you lose, you have to start saying why. It's a conversation opener. Those conversations aren't happening.

Sami

Noob
Raven's MU figures are pretty much all agreed upon by the "Raven community" other than 1-2 points of contention. My figures are:

4-6 (losing)
  • Bane
  • Batgirl
  • Catwoman
  • Doomsday
  • Flash
  • Killer Frost
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Soloman Grundy
  • Superman
  • Zod
4.5-5.5 (losing)
  • Aquaman
5-5 (even)
  • Batman
  • Black Adam
  • Deathstroke
  • Nightwing
  • Scorpion
  • Sinetro
  • Wonder Woman
5.5-4.5 (winning)
  • Ares
6-4 (winning)
  • Cyborg
  • Green Arrow
  • Green Lantern
  • Harley Quinn
  • Hawkgirl
  • Lex Luthor
  • Lobo
  • Shazam
  • The Joker
  • Zatanna
And if you add all these up and take the average, you get bang on 5.0.

if frost has only one bad mu thats 2 less than zod

what are your thoughts on

zatanna
frost
mmh
scorpion
aquaman
sinestro

personally

not sure
4-6 (i feel that her ability to punish grab is big i can understand the even though but her vortex is cheap)
even
not sure
3-7
4-6

sinestro is a cunt though i can see how you think he is the worst

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Another for-the-record thing: I'm not intending to use people's random matchup numbers in this thread to change the list. If you want better representation, take what you see here, go back to your character forum and improve that. Even better, start discussions with other forums about a particular match. If you're plopping numbers here, you're wasting your time.

I was originally going to upload the working file I used, but at this point I can't help but think that's a bad idea. All it will do is inspire people to make what they think is a "better" list, which will really amount to changing their character's matches and calling it a day.