What's new

TYM's Hot Topic of the Week: Do we ban Scorpion from tournament play?

Should Scorpion be banned from tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see you living in my head. So Lbsh, I know why I lost to Scorpion. Sorry that I try to work with what's in the game and actually try to fight scorpion.....

..... Oh fuck, I forgot to say that I play scorpion. We play scorpion mirrors. So I have a character that can deal with scorpion.

As for other people who want to use other characters, I say too bad. Other games are just like this where characters don't see the light of day
Great logic! Scorpion mirrors all day!!

Your goal must be to kill injustice.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I don't see you living in my head. So Lbsh, I know why I lost to Scorpion. Sorry that I try to work with what's in the game and actually try to fight scorpion.....

..... Oh fuck, I forgot to say that I play scorpion. We play scorpion mirrors. So I have a character that can deal with scorpion.

As for other people who want to use other characters, I say too bad. Other games are just like this where characters don't see the light of day
As a Scorpion player you could only have lost because you didnt land enough J3s J1s, or teleports.
As a Scorpion player playing against another Scorpion player, you could have only lost by getting hit by more J3s J1s and teleports.

zaf

professor
Great logic! Scorpion mirrors all day!!

Your goal must be to kill injustice.
No. I've told everyone I'd main a mk character if one was put in this game. Sorry it's scorpion and that he's good.

"Dont ban Scorpion because i use Scorpion."

So, like, youre proving Foxys point?
I don't plan on entering in tournaments anymore for this game. So whether or not he is banned won't have an effect on me.

Just because I won't play in tournaments doesn't mean I don't play at high level with high level players. All it means is that I don't get to be part of crimson ranking system lol

I don't like seeing characters banned in any game. That's all.

zaf

professor
As a Scorpion player you could only have lost because you didnt land enough J3s J1s, or teleports.
As a Scorpion player playing against another Scorpion player, you could have only lost by getting hit by more J3s J1s and teleports.
I agree but there are some other various factors. Hellfires , missing anti-air and not catching on to patterns. Reo has some that I saw. Just blow those patterns up

dabuz

Noob
I dont see why people are so butt hurt over 1 person getting banned.
it happened in smash (meta knight)
its happened in ST (akuma)

Metaknight was "banned" for about 2 months then legalized because the biggest smash tournament TO kept him legal to attract the international scene. With that said, MK did massive damage to the community tournament scene because the community was too afraid to ban him. MK also beats every character solidly. Scorpion seems more akin to DDD ATM: Counters most of the cast making him a strong early metagame character but gets blown up by a few characters.

CRUM

Noob
Saying "learn the game" or "learn the matchup" is the epitome if ignorance. By saying either of those things, you're telling people to get better at guessing. You either block low and eat hell fire or a jump three, or you advance across the screen and get with a spear, hell fire. You get it? Flip kick which more often than not the window for punishment isn't wide enough. You literally have to guess where the J3 will hit you. And you're the luckiest SOB alive if you react quick enough to a blocked teleport to where you can full combo punish. Scorpion literally dictates everything that takes place in the MU. Is that really the sort of character we want in a game where Superman was considered OP, but people were still beating him? Scorpion defies everything that we thought this game stood for. Can't wait to watch the salt levels at CEO.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
If you read what I wrote, my comparison was having to play a rock paper scissors-esque guessing game while on defense.
Honestly though, my issue is not how fast his teleport is. I think if you take that away it will hurt him. But if you do block that shit he should be as punishable like he is in MK9. I mean when I block that move it seems like he is spinning in the air enough for me to full combo punish him. I really think if its that way in this game, he will be fine.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
What Reo was doing on the Kombat Network stream was embarassing and painful to watch. Literally the same shit all over and over, a la "bird Scorpion". Sure Reo exposes this fool to everyone so that they can see how broken the character is but damn... Then I remember how many people wanted to get rid of block button in next MK. Yeah, here you go. Have fun with those teleports all day. You're lucky NRS didn't port Smoke from MK9 to Injustice.

Honestly though, my issue is not how fast his teleport is. I think if you take that away it will hurt him. But if you do block that shit he should be as punishable like he is in MK9. I mean when I block that move it seems like he is spinning in the air enough for me to full combo punish him. I really think if its that way in this game, he will be fine.
Rather him be bad than ruin the game. NRS just did an awful job with his design.

I dont see why people are so butt hurt over 1 person getting banned.
it happened in smash (meta knight)
its happened in ST (akuma)

it can happen in injustice with scorpion. hes breaks the game. a scorpion can play honest and not abuse his shit 100% and make the MU seem not so bad but when someone does abuse his shit 110% its a pain in the ass for 95% of the cast. so what if he gets banned. the 3 top scorp players are all proven FG players so im sure they can all go find a new main and still do amazing.
im not sure but gouken was also banned in vanilla sf4?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Why not, the people voting in this thread should be the ones attending tournaments. If you go to the TOs 'Oi! No fucking Scorpion!' I think they'll get it.
The voting is split. TO's are only going to ban someone if the community is for the most part in agreement.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Rather him be bad than ruin the game. NRS just did an awful job with his design.
I agree with the NRS statement. But I don't know the whole story behind it. Maybe they weren't done with him and M$ fucked up. Idk. But I'm going to be fair to both sides. I don't want him to be useless for the people who likes him and main him. But he should have a risk when throwing something that fast if people read it. Make the teleport more punishable on block. Everything else is fine to me.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
im not sure but gouken was also banned in vanilla sf4?

As far as I know, he never was banned in any serious tournament. For that matter, no SFIV character has never been banned, even when Yun was overpowered as hell.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
No. I've told everyone I'd main a mk character if one was put in this game. Sorry it's scorpion and that he's good.

I don't plan on entering in tournaments anymore for this game. So whether or not he is banned won't have an effect on me.

Just because I won't play in tournaments doesn't mean I don't play at high level with high level players. All it means is that I don't get to be part of crimson ranking system lol

I don't like seeing characters banned in any game. That's all.

If you don't plan on playing in tournaments, then why are you against banning the char? Just admit that you're trolling and make this argument all go away -.-.

Status
Not open for further replies.