What's new

TYM King Of The Hill Weekly Matches! (PS4)

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Sorry @FoughtDragon01 about the fatal, I think it did the easy input because the same thing happened with Dustin not long after that.
Nah, don't worry about it. My reaction was pretty overblown since I was low-key hella tilted near the end there and I've only got myself to blame for that. Now that I'm starting to understand Jacqui a bit better, it won't be nearly as bad next time.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Itd be lit if after our sessions we could all have some respectful conversations on where we could all improve.
That's a great idea. We could all give each other a bit of feedback depending on who we played the most. Or if you noticed something when watching someone play. Everyone here plays to improve, so constructive criticism should be welcomed.

FoughtDragon01

lmao what?? @Vslayer easy fatal'd him too... :confused:

Dragon on everyone's hit list or what? :p
Damn dude, unlucky night or what? I checked Kano's second Fatal inputs after and it's bdf2...like seriously? So mine wasn't even an easy fatal, it was a missed lumbar check input. That's embarrassing dude XD
I needed to repent for my sins after committing the atrocity of choosing someone who wasn't the Cage Mage. Have I learned my lesson? Probably not.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
That's a great idea. We could all give each other a bit of feedback depending on who we played the most. Or if you noticed something when watching someone play. Everyone here plays to improve, so constructive criticism should be welcomed.
Definitely a great idea!

I'll keep note next time we all play and look for things I think you all could do. I'd throw some stuff out there now, but I'm too old to remember except that uh, don't play kano. :p

And I could definitely always use advice myself. So anyone, whether I beat you or not feel free to tell me I suck at whatever. :)

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Definitely a great idea!

I'll keep note next time we all play and look for things I think you all could do. I'd throw some stuff out there now, but I'm too old to remember except that uh, don't play kano. :p

And I could definitely always use advice myself. So anyone, whether I beat you or not feel free to tell me I suck at whatever. :)
All I could say that could help is maybe not do a D1 when trying to steal a turn every time, especially after a restand. I know we play a lot together so we know each other's playstyles but you could maybe back up and whiff punish? Or neutral crouch if you think they're gonna grab. As Cassie I could avoid the D1 and punish with F4 or go for a D4 if you try and start offense.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
All I could say that could help is maybe not do a D1 when trying to steal a turn every time, especially after a restand. I know we play a lot together so we know each other's playstyles but you could maybe back up and whiff punish? Or neutral crouch if you think they're gonna grab. As Cassie I could avoid the D1 and punish with F4 or go for a D4 if you try and start offense.
shhh, quit exposing my scrub tactics! :p

Well, I definitely can't back up after a restand cause the restander is gonna be at least +2. I try backing up, Imma def get hit in the face. I mash d1 cause if whoever it is doesn't wanna do a mid, imma get my turn back. I feel it's a very MK11 thing to do.

Against Cassie tho, with that F4, you're right... I need to just block. Need to do that vs Shao Kahn too, that's why I was getting blown up vs Goblin.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
shhh, quit exposing my scrub tactics! :p

Well, I definitely can't back up after a restand cause the restander is gonna be at least +2. I try backing up, Imma def get hit in the face. I mash d1 cause if whoever it is doesn't wanna do a mid, imma get my turn back. I feel it's a very MK11 thing to do.

Against Cassie tho, with that F4, you're right... I need to just block. Need to do that vs Shao Kahn too, that's why I was getting blown up vs Goblin.
Yeah and Casie is actually +4 on that restand in an airborne combo. Good point, then mashing D1 is probably for the best unless you know I'm gonna back up.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yeah and Casie is actually +4 on that restand in an airborne combo. Good point, then mashing D1 is probably for the best unless you know I'm gonna back up.
Well no, if Cassie followed up with F4 after the restand every time, I'd be getting combo'd for it as long as she has meter. So you're definitely right.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Well no, if Cassie followed up with F4 after the restand every time, I'd be getting combo'd for it as long as she has meter. So you're definitely right.
You're right. I try to do it, it seems I'm not quick enough most of the time tho XD I don't know why but F41 feels so awkward to do.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I know I need to stop waking up so much. That's where I lose like half my health from, but at the same time I get opened up when I choose to just block. Hellllppppp!!!
Play jax. Wake up as much as you want. lol

Also I've found once people blow up your wakeup the first time, a lot of them think you won't wakeup again. I do it every time and it works a lot lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
When I play u, I always feel like I'm gonna blow up your u+3, but the range it has is fucking dumb. I could jump on you on wakeup, but then I'm risking getting u2'ed.
Yeah, his u3 is dumb. But short hop overhead will blow it up every time. Or blocking of course will give you your turn.

His u2 is garbage, neutral jump will blow up both u2 and u3.

Jax's best AA is S1 imo, but idk if I could do that fast enough on wakeup to blow up a jump attack. Would have to see it in action.

FoughtDragon01

Yeah, his u3 is dumb. But short hop overhead will blow it up every time. Or blocking of course will give you your turn.

His u2 is garbage, neutral jump will blow up both u2 and u3.

Jax's best AA is S1 imo, but idk if I could do that fast enough on wakeup to blow up a jump attack. Would have to see it in action.
Yeah, I def can't play around Jax's U3 like I do with others. Same with Kabal. Had no clue you could short hop it though

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Nah, don't worry about it. My reaction was pretty overblown since I was low-key hella tilted near the end there and I've only got myself to blame for that. Now that I'm starting to understand Jacqui a bit better, it won't be nearly as bad next time.
Yeah I felt like an asshole. I was just trying to throw acid. Lol
And I hear ya. I started getting a little tilted when I first joined because it seems to take me a few games to warm up switching from Xbox to PS pad.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah I felt like an asshole. I was just trying to throw acid. Lol
And I hear ya. I started getting a little tilted when I first joined because it seems to take me a few games to warm up switching from Xbox to PS pad.
Get a Brook converter! The only issue is that for KOTH especially you can't give anyone scores and other functionality stuff.