What's new

tym challenge

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Makes sense. I can dig it.

What I think would be really hype is if you could make the dragon look skeletal, representative of the skull in the Gears emblem. The way I'm envisioning it looks fucking badass. It might be kind of difficult to translate into a coherent design, though.
Yup, I thought about it, but went with a less is more route. I sketched a few, its weird, if you blend too much you lose what makes each one unique. I added a bit of stretch in the corner of his mouth, and used some sketchy ness inspired by the gears logo, but decided not to go full skeleton.

Id love to see a great skeleton version if someone really puts the time into it and can pull it off... the key words being PUTS TIME INTO IT.

Yup, I thought about it, but went with a less is more route. I sketched a few, its weird, if you blend too much you lose what makes each one unique. I added a bit of stretch in the corner of his mouth, and used some sketchy ness inspired by the gears logo, but decided not to go full skeleton.

Id love to see a great skeleton version if someone really puts the time into it and can pull it off... the key words being PUTS TIME INTO IT.
the one i'm doing (drawing) is pretty much like that. i'm trying to make it really gritty, like cracks, fractures, etc.. but it's taking me forever because i'm doing it with a lead pencil, so the shading is killing me. fml, i miss my tablet and illustrator so much. is that what you used for your masterpiece?

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
the one i'm doing (drawing) is pretty much like that. i'm trying to make it really gritty, like cracks, fractures, etc.. but it's taking me forever because i'm doing it with a lead pencil, so the shading is killing me. fml, i miss my tablet and illustrator so much. is that what you used for your masterpiece?
I have a wacom cintiq 21ux. I drew a couple thumbnails on paper but painted everything else in Photoshop.

I can't wait to see your design!

Johnny2d - nice :) wide tablets are awesome. i used to have an intuos4, but someone dropped it :/

well, the one i was drawing kept messing up on the stroke and the tracing of my drawing came out pretty choppy so i just stopped here

all pen tool and brushes lol. i doubt it'll win, just did it for fun. :)

also i forgot to make the bottom part of the tongue go under the gear.. whoops