What's new

TYM’s Tier List Discussion Thread

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm fine with S and A but why is Kano and Kollector in mid tier and Sub only in B instead of A I'm also wondering why Cetrion isn't A tier?
I feel like Jade and Noob should go up one.
Make a new tier F and put Kotal and D'Vorah in it.

For better clarity here is my version of the tier list:

S Tier:
Sonya, Cassie, Geras, Jacqui, Erron

A+ Tier:
Scorpion, Cetrion, Baraka, Kabal, Shang Tsung, Jax.

A Tier:
Scarlet, Sub Zero, Liu Kang, Noob.

B Tier:
Johnny, Kung Lao, Jade, Kitana, Raiden.

C Tier:
Frost, Shao Kahn, Kano, Kollector.

D Tier:
Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah.

I'm putting Shang in A+ to be safe but I feel he could be lower on the tier list, he has bad MU's vs quite a few top tiers so after the honeymoon phase I imagine he will drop to B+ or A from A+. Since tiers are based not on how good the character is but how the MU's vs the entire cast and Shang is still new and we need more time to properly determine his MU #'s.

@Dreamcatcher What do you think of my tier list?

Last edited:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I mostly agree with this. What's the reasoning for Noob and Sub's placements?
Noob could have been so much better... his teleport is the worst in the game, mainly because it is so baitable and punishable. His zoning can be effective, but it's mostly slower than a lot of the cast's projectiles. You're better off creating space with strings instead. His b2 is stupid effective though, one of his only good "fast" tools. Most players don't seem to get that for a lot of his high damage you have to keep trying to open someone up and not go into braindead zoning. His game plan is confusing because by going back to his slow zoning around the time most Noob players can burn another meter to start a combo, opponent's breakaway has refilled. His full moveset just doesn't fit into a cohesive strategy. He's still a very usable character, I just feel every character I listed above him is overall better for those reasons.

Sub-Zero has two solid tourney variations, and yet they can both be predictable. His 50/50 with the f2 can get beat out by almost goddamn EVERYTHING. LOL
I feel that DoW is the better variation with amp iceball and a consistent 124 KB. Thin Ice has the slide of course, but that almost becomes the entire gameplan and takes away from the 50/50 mind games a bit when they start backing up to try and bait that.
#BuffJohnny
I've seen how bad the whiff issues are while playing with and against Johnny. Not only that, but the KB's are a joke.
I'm fine with S and A but why is Kano and Kollector in mid tier and Sub only in B instead of A I'm also wondering why Cetrion isn't A tier?
I feel like Jade and Noob should go up one.
Make a new tier F and put Kotal and D'Vorah in it.

For better clarity here is my version of the tier list:

S Tier:
Sonya, Cassie, Geras, Jacqui, Erron

A+ Tier:
Scorpion, Cetrion, Baraka, Kabal, Shang Tsung, Jax.

A Tier:
Scarlet, Sub Zero, Liu Kang, Noob.

B Tier:
Johnny, Kung Lao, Jade, Kitana, Raiden.

C Tier:
Frost, Shao Kahn, Kano, Kollector.

D Tier:
Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah.
Don't sleep on Kabal man. I guarantee once a pro other than Slayer starts using him in majors, everyone is going to be like "oh, okay I get it now." Lol

I forgot Shang too since he's not in that setup, I agree with his placement. Kano is so underrated it's insane... he's not one of the best, not even close. But holy shit if you guess wrong a couple times in a row on him, and it's QUICK. Not much time to adapt against him in the middle of a match. You're just both hoping you guess right, and a savvy Kano player is going to keep mixing with the command grab controlling space with knives every knockdown. Kollector is also overlooked because people don't know how to play him. Play @Greatbunny52222 and his Kollector and you'll see what I mean. His mix with the ball and chain cancels are ridiculous. You also can't really jump on him, ever. Cetrion is probably the best zoner in the game, but she is nowhere near as strong neutral or closer as everyone else above her on my list. Just my humble opinion though, and I'm no pro.

Last edited:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
All you fake Kabal riders lol. People are way too focused on only a few characters until the meta becomes stale and months later everyone is dropping their jaw when someone dares to use a different character. Or crapping on certain ones until other certain people say otherwise, because no one tries to find tech except the few who are not only shit posting or hating on mk11.
Hope we will be seeing a bit more variety in tournaments from now on
This post is confusing. Are you saying I'm a "fake Kabal rider" because I said he was the best in the game?

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Anyone of you ever played against those Kasual mode only Noobs? It's insane how much better the character gets when he can hitconfirm f2 into a launcher, like that shit alone makes him insane

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I’m interested in why you think Erron Black is anything but S tier?
He plays him.

lmao
He's not as good as you guys think he is. His Scud cancels are "safe" but basically telegraphed. If you don't take the risk of losing your turn after the scud cancel, then you have to commit to the stagger by burning a bar. The player base has figured out how to react to f4 and punish. It's still strong, it's just not "broken" like everyone said it was when the game first dropped. His only "non-dial" true advancing string f32 is flawless blockable... high level players basically erase it. No more mind games with bullets, they're on screen. While he doesn't have any major weaknesses, he is not the best in any category. I just view the other six I have listed above him are better overall characters imo.

He's not as good as you guys think he is. His Scud cancels are "safe" but basically telegraphed. If you don't take the risk of losing your turn after the scud cancel, then you have to commit to the stagger by burning a bar. The player base has figured out how to react to f4 and punish. It's still strong, it's just not "broken" like everyone said it was when the game first dropped. His only "non-dial" true advancing string f32 is flawless blockable... high level players basically erase it. No more mind games with bullets, they're on screen. While he doesn't have any major weaknesses, he is not the best in any category. I just view the other six I have listed above him are better overall characters imo.
Ok, this leads to my next question. Out of those other 6, how many of them actually hold advantage over EB?

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I agree that Kollector is underrated. He has good staggers, easy unbreakable combos, good dmg, along with 2 decent KBs (throw and 2, 1+3, 4) . He does have some problems but I think hes solid mid tier and the only reason people have him so low is because no one uses him

Edit: Also 10 frame mid

Last edited: