What's new

Two more character slots left

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
What about the magazine article talking about NRS attempting to make obscure characters badass? Killer Frost is totally obscure (and female) and fits the achievement picture.

While I agree that right now it makes more sense for Circe to be one of the lead villains of the game; we only know a fraction of the story, so who knows who the big bads will be?

Plus, like I said above Killer Frost and Captain Cold are basically the same character and could just be alts of each other
NRS said they would have a couple of obscure characters and there isn't even one obscure character in the game having only 1 obscure character makes no sense

some of us don't want our character being nothing but a alt imagine if MMH was just an alt for Superman
killer frosts powers work nothing like Captain Colds powers they very different

Ceflapod

Noob
NRS said they would have a couple of obscure characters and there isn't even one obscure character in the game having only 1 obscure character makes no sense

some of us don't want our character being nothing but a alt imagine if MMH was just an alt for Superman
killer frosts powers work nothing like Captain Colds powers they very different
You might be right, all I know about CC is from New 52. As for obscure characters NRS counts Ares as one and we still don't know the whole roster

Robotic Shark

You might be right, all I know about CC is from New 52. As for obscure characters NRS counts Ares as one and we still don't know the whole roster
when did NRS count Ares as obscure a link would be helpful
also hes not obscure from what I hear hes a big part of the Wonder Woman comics and being a big part of a Trinity comic isn't obscure

Robotic Shark

He's a nobody like the rest of us, but he's a nobody with a webcam and a lot of free time so according to youtube law he's a person of interest.
ya I googled him and watched some of his videos all he does is just repeat every thing we talk about

Numbface

You. Are Not. Alone.
the roster wont be 24 characters, if that is the select screen there then are unlockables but there is no way its 24 characters, i know thats all they've shown but there is more than 24 characters.....i cant say that enough.
on another note Captain Cold is far more likely than Killer Frost i mean i doubt he got an armored redesign to show up in 1 comic when weather wizard looked exactly the same, as did scarecrow even though he was dead. we have no idea who that is in the blurry picture could be frost but there isnt enough evidence to tell anything for sure, plus she wouldnt be in the game without Firestorm and there has been no mention of him.
The majority of people seemed to think that other blurry pic was Raven and we see what happend there, she has the fact that for whatever reason she is DC's go to ice villain especially when it comes to the whole universe being featured,shes the easier option for NRS,Firestorm has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
The majority of people seemed to think that other blurry pic was Raven and we see what happend there, she has the fact that for whatever reason she is DC's go to ice villain especially when it comes to the whole universe being featured,shes the easier option for NRS,Firestorm has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
wah? shes a Firestorm villain that would be like having Black Adam in the game and not Cap. i just dont see it happening.
granted i do think it looks more like her than anyone else i know of but if it is her and cold is out im gonna be surprised as shit and expecting firestorm too

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
wah? shes a Firestorm villain that would be like having Black Adam in the game and not Cap. i just dont see it happening.
granted i do think it looks more like her than anyone else i know of but if it is her and cold is out im gonna be surprised as shit and expecting firestorm too

Killer Frost was in that old "Justice League Heroes" xbox/ps2 game without Firestorm. Killer Frost is also gonna be in the upcoming "Young Justice: Legacy" XBLA/PSN game without Firestorm.

Numbface

You. Are Not. Alone.
But she's appeared several times with no mention of Firestorm in fact I think the only time Firestorm ever showed up was that one Brave and the Bold episode, Killer Frost is bigger than Firestorm its more like he needs her than she needs him

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Killer Frost was in that old "Justice League Heroes" xbox/ps2 game without Firestorm. Killer Frost is also gonna be in the upcoming "Young Justice: Legacy" XBLA/PSN game without Firestorm.
But she's appeared several times with no mention of Firestorm in fact I think the only time Firestorm ever showed up was that one Brave and the Bold episode, Killer Frost is bigger than Firestorm its more like he needs her than she needs him
both very valid points, but the way this game is shaping up the majority of the cast is looking to have a complimentary villain
the first time i ever saw or head of Frost was in comics and she was fighting with Firestorm, granted she does things without him she's a B lister so she makes her rounds but i dont see her making it in without him, its very very possible she will be especially with that pic floating around but with the captain cold option and him being redesigned he seems very likely too. and i doubt they wont have a flash villain.

Numbface

You. Are Not. Alone.
both very valid points, but the way this game is shaping up the majority of the cast is looking to have a complimentary villain
the first time i ever saw or head of Frost was in comics and she was fighting with Firestorm, granted she does things without him she's a B lister so she makes her rounds but i dont see her making it in without him, its very very possible she will be especially with that pic floating around but with the captain cold option and him being redesigned he seems very likely too. and i doubt they wont have a flash villain.
Well Captain Cold is pretty b list too outside of Flash comics he gets next to no love so I won't be surprised if he gets effed over again he's the most deserving character to get that frost spot but I don't like his chances I don't really know how different his redesign was it didn't look that drastic to me like Mirror Masters did but then again everyone seems to be getting that new armor looking clothing /shrugs

I still think its 28, just with hidden characters. 2 for the Heroes and 2 for the Villains. I think they would be spread out like one at Chapter 6, Chapter 12, Chapter 18 & Chapter 24 (Apparently the story mode is longer in Injustice than MK9) So im guessing this:

Confirmed Heroes:

1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Wonder Woman
4. The Flash
5. Green Lantern
6. Aquaman
7. Hawkgirl
8. Green Arrow
9. Nightwing
10. Cyborg
11. Raven
12. Shazam!

Unlockable Heroes:

13. Martian Manhunter
14. Black Canary

Confirmed Villains:

1. Lex Luthor
2. The Joker
3. Harley Quinn
4. Deathstroke
5. Bane
6. Catwoman
7. Black Adam
8. Doomsday
9. Sinestro
10. Solomon Grundy
11. Circe
12. Captain Cold

Unlockable Villains:

13. Killer Frost
14. Ares

DLC:
I like the Idea of Rounds that the other user had. I think there will be 8 DLC characters because they said there will be more than MK9

Heroes:
15. Zatanna - Round 1
16. Blue Beetle/Swamp Thing - Round 1
17. Starfire - Round 2
18. Beast Boy - Round 2

Villains:
15. Lobo (I know hes an Anti Hero) - Round 1
16. Scarecrow - Round 1
17. Poison Ivy (Depending on her stage interaction) - Round 2
18. Black Manta/Ocean Master - Round 2

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'm still sticking with the notion that Black Canary won't be on disc because of a certain Ed Boon tweet. A fan wanted Black Canary and Black Lightning, and he replied, "Canary, Lightning or Adam?" We have Black Adam, so...

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Wow, three cheers for gloriously unrealistic DLC expectations.

I'd be fucking amazed if they did more than six characters.

when did NRS count Ares as obscure a link would be helpful
also hes not obscure from what I hear hes a big part of the Wonder Woman comics and being a big part of a Trinity comic isn't obscure
Again, really got to point out to people that if you read comics of any kind you are in like <0.01% of the population. All Wonder Woman characters that aren't named Wonder Woman are obscure to the general public since there's never been a legitimate Wonder Woman movie. I've known about her since I was a little, little kid and all the way up until like two months ago I never even thought "hm, I wonder who her villains are...?"

It honestly never occurred to me she even had villains. Because I've never heard someone mention them. Even though I know how stupid that sounds. Then again, I've never actually held a comic in my hands. Why would I ever think about Wonder Woman's villains? They have zero pop culture presence.

Much like how so many people here WTF'd their pants when I said I had no idea who Nightwing or Green Arrow were before learning about Injustice. Why would I know that Robin got sick of being the definition of "not awesome" and became Nightwing? Never read comics, stopped watching children's cartoons around age eight, and that story arc never happened in a summer blockbuster, so why the hell would I know who Nightwing is? Same with Green Arrow. Never read the comics, don't watch cartoons, there is no Green Arrow movie and I don't totally hate myself so The CW is not a channel I flip to intentionally. Why would I know him?

But seriously people, of course no one is obscure to you if you're reading the comics. You're reading the damn comics. The reality is that it's a pretty big fucking deal if any issue of any comic sells more than 100,000 copies. To put that in perspective, there are like three hundred and fifty million goddamn people in this country alone, and probably (I'll ballpark it to about) 3 million of them are going to buy this game. Most of them will be doing it on the basis of Saturday morning cartoon shows, general fighting game enthusiasm and the Nolan Batman franchise. Comic readers are going to form the minority of this game's player-base.

There's obviously going to be some overlap, but the majority of people playing this game are going to know fuckall about comic books and will be A-O.K. with that.

Such great hopes for DKR Bane now... though I absolutely in no way expect Tom Hardy to lend his voice to this game. Because I'm not stupid. GOD I WANT THAT SO BAD THOUGH.

Seriously, if I get DKR Bane and Swamp Thing with a Poison Ivy alt, this will be the first fighting game that literally gives me everything I could ever want out of it.

I pre-ordered today and I'm sure I'll have a blast with the game. Maybe more so than MK (assuming NRS learned from their mistakes), but god damn, I want Swamp Thing so bad. The most underrated DC character ever imo and arguably the best series out right now.

The last issue (#18) nearly had me bouncing off the walls.

Wow, three cheers for gloriously unrealistic DLC expectations.

I'd be fucking amazed if they did more than six characters.

Again, really got to point out to people that if you read comics of any kind you are in like <0.01% of the population. All Wonder Woman characters that aren't named Wonder Woman are obscure to the general public since there's never been a legitimate Wonder Woman movie. I've known about her since I was a little, little kid and all the way up until like two months ago I never even thought "hm, I wonder who her villains are...?"

It honestly never occurred to me she even had villains. Because I've never heard someone mention them. Even though I know how stupid that sounds. Then again, I've never actually held a comic in my hands. Why would I ever think about Wonder Woman's villains? They have zero pop culture presence.

Much like how so many people here WTF'd their pants when I said I had no idea who Nightwing or Green Arrow were before learning about Injustice. Why would I know that Robin got sick of being the definition of "not awesome" and became Nightwing? Never read comics, stopped watching children's cartoons around age eight, and that story arc never happened in a summer blockbuster, so why the hell would I know who Nightwing is? Same with Green Arrow. Never read the comics, don't watch cartoons, there is no Green Arrow movie and I don't totally hate myself so The CW is not a channel I flip to intentionally. Why would I know him?

But seriously people, of course no one is obscure to you if you're reading the comics. You're reading the damn comics. The reality is that it's a pretty big fucking deal if any issue of any comic sells more than 100,000 copies. To put that in perspective, there are like three hundred and fifty million goddamn people in this country alone, and probably (I'll ballpark it to about) 3 million of them are going to buy this game. Most of them will be doing it on the basis of Saturday morning cartoon shows, general fighting game enthusiasm and the Nolan Batman franchise. Comic readers are going to form the minority of this game's player-base.

There's obviously going to be some overlap, but the majority of people playing this game are going to know fuckall about comic books and will be A-O.K. with that.
You make some good points and some of what you said is the reason for a lot of my frustration with the roster right now. I obviously expected a lot of the characters we've seen, but as a hardcore comic reader for almost 25 years now, I was hoping they would give us enthusiasts something to chew on. I'm not even looking for "obscure" characters, but characters that don't get the attention like a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman etc...AND THERE ARE SO MANY!

And someone, please, explain the Raven love to me? Is it because of the cartoon? I don't know why, but all the attention Raven has received has bugged the hell out of me. Maybe because she's getting a spot when the characters I want are not :(