What's new

Two more character slots left

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
1st I think Cold is more deserving to be in this game over Frost but Ill play Devils Advocate
-Killer Frost can create ice beams ice dagger icicles ect offensively she's does damage and shes a cryokinetic so theoretically they can make her do anything with ice.
-His design isn't mega different it and if he gets in Mirror Master won't which means he got redesigned for a couple of comic apperances, I think reskins are just to fit this world not really cus they're making the character playable(Cheetah and Boomerang also looked a little different iirc)
-Cold isn't the only Flash villain they could put in this game
Sorry I deleted my post, it got fucked up for some reason. I will repost it again later.

As for the Mirror Master "Redesign". If he was in a design that was more detailed and related to his original costume then yes I would speculate he would be in. But it's a black ops uniform...Nothing to fancy about that.

Numbface

You. Are Not. Alone.
Sorry I deleted my post, it got fucked up for some reason. I will repost it again latter.

As for the Mirror Master "Redesign". If he was in a design that was more detailed and related to his original costume then yes I would speculate he would be in. But it's a black ops uniform...Nothing to fancy about that.
I don't think CC looks that drastically different either, its just a slight change to his glasses the new call of duty-ish clothing that Boomerang and Mirror Master got, and he's really the only one who had much of a costume to be tweaked with MM and Boomerang always looked pretty basic from what I remember also I think there will be more than one Ice Villain who shows up in the game so yeah he should be in but I don't like his chances

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
An epic superhero fighting game with 24 characters.......:coffee:
If it helps we know for a fact now that alts will be occassionally voiced by different people and that means we may see different heroes appear as alts. Same moves is most likely but it does help with the "EPIC" part of your description.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
... not to purposefully antagonise everyone but if it's Icicle, Chillblaine or Mr. Freeze I will probably die from laughter.

Then I'd cry because no Captain Cold...

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
I know some people won't take me seriously because I'm Captain Cold fanboy, but whatever I'm just trying to defend him
Let's Look at the evidence
The Ice Beam shooting the Flash in the announcement trailer
CC ice.jpg
I know some people will say "But, that could be any Ice Character" or "It doesn't even look like ice"
I've seen Killer Frost manipulate ice but never seen her blast it in a beam form before.
tumblr_mj7z3pFl231qcaee5o1_500.jpg
Captain Cold heavily Resigned in the comic.
Uh, I don't think they would give him a huge Redesign just to give him 1 or 2 appearances in a comic.
Every major Justice Leaguer has a villain of their own in Injustice
The only ones left are Flash and Aquaman.
I don't think Doomsday will have a slot on that roster we're currently seeing. He'll most likely be Unlockable, but not in any of those slots we see (it's what I'm guessing. So it might be three slots
Which leaves room for Both a Flash and Aquaman Villain
Unless it's true that the roster is more than 24, but from what I keep reading no one is 100% sure.
Killer Frost Evidence
Just this...
achieve.jpg
People say they're 90% sure it's Killer Frost based on some blurry picture...

Big Frog

Noob
If Captain Cold, MM, or Swamp Thing make it, I am sold on this game. I'm pretty much there with Bane or Grundy, but any one of these 3, count me in.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
If it helps we know for a fact now that alts will be occassionally voiced by different people and that means we may see different heroes appear as alts. Same moves is most likely but it does help with the "EPIC" part of your description.
Such great hopes for DKR Bane now... though I absolutely in no way expect Tom Hardy to lend his voice to this game. Because I'm not stupid. GOD I WANT THAT SO BAD THOUGH.

Seriously, if I get DKR Bane and Swamp Thing with a Poison Ivy alt, this will be the first fighting game that literally gives me everything I could ever want out of it.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Just as long as it's not the world's worst Cheech Marin impersonator that they got for Arkham.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
People say they're 90% sure it's Killer Frost based on some blurry picture...
And the word search puzzle :rolleyes:(jkjk) but what she does have going for is she's the easy option for NRS why bother trying to make a magic based character work and a character with a freeze gun(unless they change that) work when they can just cover the female and the ice spot with Killer Frost. It feels like Captain Cold will be that guy that everyone and their dog knows should have made the All Star Team but got left off anyway.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
Well, here is a little theory I had from another thread:

Before I say anything, let me say that I have a strong feeling the game will only have 24 characters, and the last two characters are most likely Ares and Killer Frost.

With that said, here is a wild theory: What if Ares is a boss and they do what they did for Shao Kahn/Darkseid in MK vs DC and just have Ares playable, but outside the standard select screen? Ares would be a boss (but still playable) plus still leave an extra slot on the roster since the fact that he is outside of the standard select screen would make it so he doesn't take up one of the 24 character slots. It would also result in the roster being a grand total of 25 characters, which might corroborate statements made by Hector about the select screen being a "decoy".

That would mean the last two characters on the select screen would be Mystery Woman and another character, and they would both need to be villains since they are on the villain side. If that were the case, it could end up being Circe and Captain Cold, which would explain the Mystery Woman's identity, explain the ice in the debut trailer, explain Captain Cold's redesign in the Injustice comic, explain Hector's "decoy" comment, give Flash a villain rep, and give Wonder Woman two villain reps.

Or here a wild theory that the build is rather old one and what see if not the final roster design, or there still may hidden chacter like how cyb-zero and quan chi was unlockable in mk9

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
the roster wont be 24 characters, if that is the select screen there then are unlockables but there is no way its 24 characters, i know thats all they've shown but there is more than 24 characters.....i cant say that enough.
on another note Captain Cold is far more likely than Killer Frost i mean i doubt he got an armored redesign to show up in 1 comic when weather wizard looked exactly the same, as did scarecrow even though he was dead. we have no idea who that is in the blurry picture could be frost but there isnt enough evidence to tell anything for sure, plus she wouldnt be in the game without Firestorm and there has been no mention of him.

Just on a little note we saw Raven in the achievement picture with a bunch of villains and on the new roster picture we see her on the Hero side so maybe the person in the middle of the achievement picture could also be a hero just saying..

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I would really like to see MMH and Ocean Master for these last few reveals, but from the way it looks I don't think we are going to get either. Well I guess there is still a little hope for MMH, but I just don't see an Aquaman villain making it unfortunately. ;_;

Ceflapod

Noob
I've said this before, but I think 24 is just the start up roster with 4 unlockable characters that will simply add a row to each side.

The hero side is finished so I'm saying the two unlockables will be Swamp Thing and MMHunter/Black Canary
The villain side is missing Sinestro and Doomsday: final two Killer Frost and ...someone (Black Manta, Circe, or Ocean Master). Unlockables: Ares and "Evil" Superman or Batman.

This is sort of an aside, but couldn't Captain Cold and Killer Frost be the same character just different skins? I know CC has a gun in the Injustice comic, but the game takes place 5 years in the future which was the same amount of space that happened in New 52. Just saying

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
no idea why people think why killer frost has more of a chance than Captain Cold all we have is a fuzzy picture that looks like her and plenty of other villains
hell why would they put killer frost dead center of the achievement over Joker,Lex and many others
my thought is its Circe or some other woman who plays a major role in the story mode some how thats why she get the spot light

trufenix

bye felicia
no idea why people think why killer frost has more of a chance than Captain Cold all we have is a fuzzy picture that looks like her and plenty of other villains
hell why would they put killer frost dead center of the achievement over Joker,Lex and many others
my thought is its Circe or some other woman who plays a major role in the story mode some how thats why she get the spot light
because JaeRoar said so

honestly after seeing Raven face and how much they redesign her I wouldn´t be supriced if the person in the middle could be everyone..

Ceflapod

Noob
What about the magazine article talking about NRS attempting to make obscure characters badass? Killer Frost is totally obscure (and female) and fits the achievement picture.

While I agree that right now it makes more sense for Circe to be one of the lead villains of the game; we only know a fraction of the story, so who knows who the big bads will be?

Plus, like I said above Killer Frost and Captain Cold are basically the same character and could just be alts of each other

The last two remaining characters are probably:

- Ares
- Circe

I hope they do DLC in packs of (4), what I would like to see from the first round of dlc would be:

- Martian Manhunter
- Static Shock
- Captain Cold
- Atrocitus

Round 2:

- Plastic Man
- Swamp Thing
- Ocean Master
- Brainiac

Round 3:

- Robin
- Firestorm