What's new

Trying to mb roll through deadshot's zoning (video)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Let's stop mentioning characters that are good against Deadshot, and actually write out a strategy that helps ALL CHARACTERS deal with him, until the inevitable patch.

This is coming from an Aquaman player that can check Deadshot, your guys' defense for Deadshot is flawed and wrong.
Sure. As soon as people who are complaining actually ask for help from Deadshot players as opposed to complaining that their 5 minute solo practice mode didn't give them the answer. I've yet to see any Deadshot player when asked for help on the MU say "sorry bruh, ya assed out". Different characters handle MUs different., there is rarely a universal option unless something is -35. I'm sure my answer to face Grodd is completely different than a Bane player or a Brainiac player facing Grodd.

My point is that plenty of people with no background in MKX and instead with a background from games that have healthy amounts of zoning, are saying Deadshot is too much, so I don't think the Deadshot complaints are at all tied into people who played MKX.
Good point actually.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I'm confused, I thought MB Roll gave you invul frames or at least armor, so why is the MB Roll's startup still interrupted?

Seems more like the issue is the MB Roll rather than Deadshot IMO.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm confused, I thought MB Roll gave you invul frames or at least armor, so why is the MB Roll's startup still interrupted?
the mb roll is a cancel for dashing, there is some frames of the dash that are unavoidable

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
the mb roll is a cancel for dashing, there is some frames of the dash that are unavoidable
I understand that, but you see the MB being initiated and being interrupted despite it being activated.
I'm fine with being interrupted while you dash, but as soon as the MB is initiated shouldn't you at least be safe from getting hit out of it? or is my opinion silly?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
How is this a thread when he did the MB roll correctly the first time lmao people the game has mechanics and frames please learn them. This is like the crap they said about a meter burn glitch in MK9 when someone would get stuffed. This is pitiful. If they made mb roll comeplety invincible then yall would cray about that free pressure. Ive seen it all it never ends.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I understand that, but you see the MB being initiated and being interrupted despite it being activated.
I'm fine with being interrupted while you dash, but as soon as the MB is initiated shouldn't you at least be safe from getting hit out of it? or is my opinion silly?
Not silly at all. I think it hinges on what Mb roll was designed to do. If it's supposed to help you get in or out, the current invincibility, or lack thereof, may not work as intended.

So it's possible that will be changed. NRS is no stranger to constant patching and it's reasonable to assume that a game as detailed and involved as this one, with gear and stat boosts and other things,may have some missteps as well.

Time will tell the tale here but, no matter what happens, someone is gonna be pissed! Ha! That's a guarantee.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Sure. As soon as people who are complaining actually ask for help from Deadshot players as opposed to complaining that their 5 minute solo practice mode didn't give them the answer. I've yet to see any Deadshot player when asked for help on the MU say "sorry bruh, ya assed out". Different characters handle MUs different., there is rarely a universal option unless something is -35. I'm sure my answer to face Grodd is completely different than a Bane player or a Brainiac player facing Grodd.
May I ask where you see all this complaining about zoning? Honestly curious. Just went through the Fate, Darkseid, and Deadshot forums, and even the general discussion. Saw no complaining about zoning, outside of Pay2Win's thread complaining about people complaining about zoning, and even then it was usually people trying to explain why casuals might be complaining about it, i.e. the whole loss of control thing. I grant that this thread is basically a complaint about Deadshot, but even then I can't find this critical mass of zoning outrage.

Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but it seems like you guys are getting hot and bothered (Pay2Win certainly is) by randoms in sonic fox's twitch chat, and then come to TYM making these crazy generalizations about the community trying to kill zoning. Even if some people here are complaining about zoning, they are vastly outnumbered by the people who are complaining about the complaining, or posting passive aggressive MKX screenshots.

How is this a thread when he did the MB roll correctly the first time lmao people the game has mechanics and frames please learn them. This is like the crap they said about a meter burn glitch in MK9 when someone would get stuffed. This is pitiful. If they made mb roll comeplety invincible then yall would cray about that free pressure. Ive seen it all it never ends.
Even if the mb roll was reliable it still wouldnt be free pressure because.. 1. It costs a bar. 2. Ive shown that you cant punish deadshot after successfully getting through which means he could backdash, super or maybe even jump away before you even get an attack off(not sure, have to test more but im at work).

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Just dash and block dude. It's inevitable that you're going to eat some damage. You just gotta make it pay off when you finally catch him. Zoning is so obnoxious. I really hate how widely accepted it is as a play style.
You can't dash in between wrist cannon shots. Just gotta inch and shuffle.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Just dash and block dude. It's inevitable that you're going to eat some damage. You just gotta make it pay off when you finally catch him. Zoning is so obnoxious. I really hate how widely accepted it is as a play style.
That's the thing: it SHOULD be accepted as a play style, the major factor is whether or not it's too strong to deal with. There's a difference between a character throwing fireballs, and needing to watch his spacing or be blown up by a jump in, and someone like Deadshot, who'd laugh at Sagat and pistol whip Ryu like a bitch.

Does a good number of the cast have the right tools to go 5/5 , or at least 4/6 against him? That's my question. If you're pigeonholed into learning one of 3-5 characters in order to counterpick, that would be a shame. I'd accept it if Deadshot lost really badly in those MUs, but ideally, people would like to play their characters, and the "skill" required to use Deadshot and completely zone out for the entire match is debatable at this point.

Is Deadshot too easy to zone with. What if skill ISN'T required? That might be the reason why people are trying to protect him. If they're having fun, well... screw the other guy.

Good point actually.
AKA I have nothing of value to say to help people so let's say they have to beg first

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
AKA I have nothing of value to say to help people so let's say they have to beg first
This would be a pretty good joke, if I wasn't one of the most helpful people here. At the same time, I'm not gonna help someone who is like, "omg nerf Deadshot he's too OP. Nerf his shots because I can't dash. You guys just wanna keep your easy win scrub character" rather than just asking for assistance in the MU. I'm getting destroyed by Black Adam, so I ask the BA forums on help on how to deal with him, and got some solid answers to practice and apply.

It's not rocket science.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It's a huge taboo around these parts to call for nerfs on a character. But if you don't see how deadshot needs to be toned down a bit, you either
A) main him
B) main another strong zoning character and is scared they'll come after your main next..

Comparing this to jaqui is laughable. Don't insult our intelligence with this crap..

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
If Deadshot zoning took the effort/risk of Dhalsim/Guile/Zato etc, no one would complain. Those characters take actual thought to not fuck up and lose.

Right now, it's just too easy to be effective with him, his risk factor is minimal and near effortless vs the risk/effort to get in on him, and the counters are limited to a few characters that I'm sure everyone isn't interested in playing. People also always forget the max size of the stages in injustice. They are very large to favour zoning.

At least the game is still fun, but the denial of Deadshot's ease of use is real.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
I am curious though, since apparently every character beats Deadshot according to some folks, what does Cheetah do about him?

Leap is too slow to bypass his standing shot, and Trick shot manages to stop her if she happens to get to the air with it. I'm all ears.

This would be a pretty good joke, if I wasn't one of the most helpful people here. At the same time, I'm not gonna help someone who is like, "omg nerf Deadshot he's too OP. Nerf his shots because I can't dash. You guys just wanna keep your easy win scrub character" rather than just asking for assistance in the MU. I'm getting destroyed by Black Adam, so I ask the BA forums on help on how to deal with him, and got some solid answers to practice and apply.

It's not rocket science.
You're one of the least useful guy in this thread tied with people like me you didn't give any pointer. I know you won't help btw but trying to string things with you need to ask me sounds disingenuous when your character get butchered If he get butchered I hope you'll remember my words:"ALL YOUR FAULT'" If you don't educate people don't complain about them just ignore it

It's not rocket science.
projecting much? I never said nerf deadshot. All I did was post a video.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

It's not rocket science.
It's way too early to say that Deadshot is broken. However, it works both ways - it is also way too early to say that he's fine.

Considering the astronomical reaction you have had (to very little) in this thread and Play2Win's, you are just as helpful as people who say "omg nerf Deadshot he's too OP. Nerf his shots because I can't dash." It's also pretty clear, again due to your reactions, that you "just wanna keep your easy win scrub character."

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I am curious though, since apparently every character beats Deadshot according to some folks, what does Cheetah do about him?

Leap is too slow to bypass his standing shot, and Trick shot manages to stop her if she happens to get to the air with it. I'm all ears.
I haven't played the Cheetah MU with anyone noteworthy but I can check some things out for you and get back to you tomorrow with at least something. I have heard though that she is one of his most dominant MUs so that might be a rough one. I'll see what I can find. and tag you.

It's way too early to say that Deadshot is broken. However, it works both ways - it is also way too early to say that he's fine.

Considering the astronomical reaction you have had (to very little) in this thread and Play2Win's, you are just as helpful as people who say "omg nerf Deadshot he's too OP. Nerf his shots because I can't dash." It's also pretty clear, again due to your reactions, that you "just wanna keep your easy win scrub character."
Explain to me what an "easy win scrub character" is at anything competitive level? Can I hop on King's stream and body him free because I'm using the character? Can you? I don't think it works that way but I'm open to hear an explanation. I have always been against knee jerk nerfs, for any character.