What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Just watch the set with gunshow. @General M2Dave . Really happy your using the variation. It was funny watching u mess up air quake hqhq. Btw end your combos in db1 because you get more hit advantage plus u can get more dmg. If u ever find ureself in a situation where u get a hit into a f121 juggle in the corner do db2u then f1 db1 to get more dmg and the hit advantage. Also end your combos in 123 instead of f121 cuz more dmg. Obviously situational like if u want corner carry but sometimes f121 won't connect with db1 so use 123. Also after f121 db2u mid screen do run 21 f121 db1 for max dmg. Also 123 situational example better to connect in corner. In the corner after f121 db2u do njp f4 123 db1.

Also a punish mid screen, do starter db2d run b3 db2u run 123 db1. Max dmg. If u want the most optimal tho u can do the same combo, but after b3 db2u, u do run 12d3( second hit has to whiff) 123 db1 ender. It only works if the combo ends close to the corner.

Full screen after every rolling stone frame trap with air quake because it makes your opponent respect it then u can start to ground pound and throw more Rolling Stones. Your opponent will be too scared to move so they'll just block. Also rolling stone Makes people jump so make sure u punish jumps with f1 db1, db1, f4 which gaurentees dd1 and if you catch your opponent being lazy u can run midscreen after a full screen rolling stone and punish jump with 21 AA, with air quake if u jump right after a rolling stone and your player jumps, you can punish with air quake. This is hard because u have to react to jump them punish with annoying ass input. But tremor really excels when you can punish jumps a lot so your opponent finally plays patient and just blocks rolling stone.

Lmao I turned this into a aftershock guide.

Another thing is if u do a dd1 after db1 ended full screen, and your opponent just sits there and blocks. A lot of times what they'll do is wait for the dd1 to actually go off so they can jump and avoid it. Be aware of this because u can punish with moves I said before and if your opponent decides to just play it safe and jump back or neutral jump, punish with air quake

My little aftershock guide I made to just give m2dave some pointers after I watched his set with aftershock :p.

Another thing which can happen sometimes if u do bf2 and your opponent is jump distance away and they do a semi late jump towards u, u can run under them and get a full combo trip guard. (Bf2 is buns so u should really never even be in the situation in e first place haha). Also in the start of any game, when the match starts and you do a d1 and your opponent jumps forward u can run under them to full combo trip guard punish them. Works on every character. This is for all tremor variants btw.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can Tremor's b24 actually be canceled into anything? It has a Cancel Advantage of 19 but I can't get anything to come out.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
You can do restand and then fallow up with F4 for more + frames/pressure afterwards. Tho if opponent will start blocking low he will poke you out
Is f4 guaranteed after the restand? I tried it and they poke everytime

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Is f4 guaranteed after the restand? I tried it and they poke everytime
Can't check it now but if you watch my set above I got low poked after performing F4 on opponent's DB1restand state. But that might be because I made mistake in ending my combos with F121 into DB1 which puts my opponent further away from me. You allways should end it with 21 into DB1 restand state to keep opponent as close as possible to continue pressure after restand.

Maybe @InFlames can aswer if F4 is guaranteed after DB1 restand?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So, post patch, how is Tremor doing currently? Also, does he have a specific dominant variation or is he somewhat evenly spread between them?

I'm thinking of coming back to MKX now that the PC version works and I'm kinda hunting around for who all I want to put work in to. I seem to recall reading that a patch a while ago nerfed Tremor to the point ( at least in the blurb I read) people were saying he was ruined.. But he seems to be viable now from what little I have seen. Before I left previously I was learning a little AS and really enjoyed him.

Any way, just fact finding. Thanks guys.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So, post patch, how is Tremor doing currently? Also, does he have a specific dominant variation or is he somewhat evenly spread between them?

I'm thinking of coming back to MKX now that the PC version works and I'm kinda hunting around for who all I want to put work in to. I seem to recall reading that a patch a while ago nerfed Tremor to the point ( at least in the blurb I read) people were saying he was ruined.. But he seems to be viable now from what little I have seen. Before I left previously I was learning a little AS and really enjoyed him.

Any way, just fact finding. Thanks guys.
I think he's more viable than pre-patch Jax. I could see him having issues vs strong zoners, but once he gets in he's got safe mixups on save mixups.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is Rock Drop actually -6 on block? It seems to still be plus...

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is there a list anywhere of Tremor's bd1 cancel advantage for his variations?