What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This is a sad day for the Stone Man.

It isn't as though he isn't still going to be a powerful character, but what they did to amplify his zoning/space control last time around by buffing his BF2 and BF4, they have completely undermined by nuking his oki game.

Well you still otg for 13% but its harder to do as i mentioned.
I don't know if this was intended but i guess we will have to wait if there is a hotfix for this

It's intended. It was mentioned on stream you can delay it to get the 13% but it leaves the opponent open to avoid or counter attack.

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
I think tremor got hit the hardest smh. There is no point to do up rock anymore since you can't combo off of it. And the DD4 nerf was devastating smh I thought tremor was pretty balanced since he no mid game and slow pokes, MKXL just killed him #riptremor P.S- dont wanna hear that "tremor still is good" crap. Stick a fork in em...

Either im doing it wrong or its always scaling
Could someone post a video?
be sure you end your combo with db2 (most knock down frames) wait just a little bit then do it. the timing is actually really easy. your just underestimating the time you have after db2. you will get used to it. Its pretty easy. FYI you do however get the scaling on all other enders except this one.

damn it feels pretty weird not being able to do uprock after a knockdown anymore. at least crystal still has the flex :(
you can still do it, just gotta burn meter now. Not saying this is a good thing, just saying you can still do it.

I just don't understand the uprock nerf. It still tracks super well being able to stop combos mid string after a f121, which were the complaints I always heard. Instead they took out his oki game and his armor break setups which a ton of characters have. All they had to do is just make uprock negative on block and he keeps his corner stuff but his midscreen game becomes more fair. I dunno, I just wish we had an explanation for this.

I just don't understand the uprock nerf. It still tracks super well being able to stop combos mid string after a f121, which were the complaints I always heard. Instead they took out his oki game and his armor break setups which a ton of characters have. All they had to do is just make uprock negative on block and he keeps his corner stuff but his midscreen game becomes more fair. I dunno, I just wish we had an explanation for this.
yea unfortunately we have to burn meter now to do that. but w/e im still going to play him. mb uprock has the same properties regular up rock had before the nerfs, all they did was make it so we have to pay for it now.

yea unfortunately we have to burn meter now to do that. but w/e im still going to play him. mb uprock has the same properties regular up rock had before the nerfs, all they did was make it so we have to pay for it now.
yea but tremor is already a meter intensive character with dd4 and db2 flash parry for defense. I just think there were better ways to keep what tremor players like in tact while making every1 else happy.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
yea but tremor is already a meter intensive character with dd4 and db2 flash parry for defense. I just think there were better ways to keep what tremor players like in tact while making every1 else happy.
making the up rock a mid (like sektor's rocket) would have been a much better nerf than the frame data changes.

skater11

The saltiest
Uhh, don't know if its my execution due to my pad or what but for example, f12xxdb2d,run cancel gives me a dash nearly every time. That is on player 1 side, on Player 2 side I can do it no problem..by the way i'm going for run cancel b3 into db2u and i get it no problem on P2 side????

f24

Don't F*** with a God
sektor has an armor stuffing corner set up using up rocket. they should have made up rock a mid like up rocket instead of making it completely useless.

people needed to level up and realize it was always overhead then low, so that's frustrating. but if you're gonna nerf it, make it a mid instead so it's not completely worthless.

Tremor is now extremely dependent on meter. Between flash parry, ex up rock and low crystal in crystalline, not to mention the ground quake. Pretty much if you are playing tremor you should never have meter. Db1 cancelling whenever you can to build meter is A MUST. Using a b2 on hit you can db1 cancel into f121 or 21 into whichever ender you choose is one example off the top of my head I've been using to build more meter.

Last edited:

f24

Don't F*** with a God
Tremor is now extremely dependent on meter. Between flash parry, ex up rock and low crystal in crystalline, not to mention the ground quake. Pretty much if you are playing tremor you should never have meter. Db1 cancelling whenever you can to build meter is A MUST. Using a b2 on hit you can db1 cancel into f121 or 21 into whichever ender you choose is one example off the top of my head I've been using to build more meter.
this makes him harder to play then he was before, and he's never been an easy character. the level of play needed to succeed with tremor now makes him almost not worth playing.

The official changes for Tremor:

• Tremor - Rock Shower now activates 6 frames later and has 6 more recovery frames
  • Tremor - Rock Drop now activates 6 frames later and has 10 more recovery frames
  • Tremor - Down+FK is now -2 on block (down from +1)
  • Tremor - Down+BK is now -11 on block (down from -8)
  • Tremor - Ground Pulse & Ground Quake will be combo damage scaled after combo when used in an unavoidable off the ground situation
  • Tremor (Crystalline) - Krystal Blast Down Shatter is now -5 on block (down from 0)