What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

The Highlander

There can be only one
I'm wondering what frames Tremor is left at during his shatter cancel pressure, anyone know? What is his best meter less pressure?
F3 is like plus 7 after canceling. F121 remains plus 2, and every other one is either slightly negative or neutral I believe. I might be missing another one that's plus.

Oh and his meterless pressure basically comes down to match-ups. If they have a 6/7 poke you are in trouble. Otherwise f121 is 3% leaves you plus2 giving you a 7f d1 check. You can mix up cancelling into overhead rocks, stone punches, low shatters, and shatter cancels to keep people guessing. Off of 21 there is a guess between the overhead and the low string but to combo you have to commit to the low.

ErmacMKX

Noob
Tremor's armour is the worst thing I've ever seen. I constantly get beat on wake ups and hit with other attacks while using it.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
already posted it in the hidden tremor brutality thread :p
Didn't know there was a thread for Tremor. It was posted in the main secret brutalities thread but I figured most ppl here won't see it there.

Anyway, carry on. And where are my Subby secret brutalities :(

InFlames

dead
I have a question about that, what's the best way to implement it? I have the mechanics down, but haven't been using as much as I should.
its great tool to use all around, its especially helpful in the corner. you gain various options, being able to flash parry into a grab, f121, jump out, poke out of pressure. its extremely underrated imo

also i forgot to mention this, but against certain projectiles you can just flash parry run up and punish, you literally have armored run ins lol

Nabeel Robinson

My time will come!
It's also good to use Flash Parry for pressure, for instance F121 EX DB2 RC F121 jails right, so if the opponent knows the match up and notices you doing it he's not going to press a button, instead of jailing into F121 you can go for B32 if you catch him off guard not blocking low or you can go into a throw.

The Highlander

There can be only one
It's also good to use Flash Parry for pressure, for instance F121 EX DB2 RC F121 jails right, so if the opponent knows the match up and notices you doing it he's not going to press a button, instead of jailing into F121 you can go for B32 if you catch him off guard not blocking low or you can go into a throw.
Wait does it actually jail? I thought it could be poked out of.

If done properly flash parry off of f121 will jail completely. If you pause slightly their reversal will come out and you'll run through it for full punish

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
If done properly flash parry off of f121 will jail completely. If you pause slightly their reversal will come out and you'll run through it for full punish
true of reversals like cassie flipkick and lao's spin but on slower speed reversals you dont keep the armor long enough to eat the hit when canceling from f121 because the block cancel advantage is too high on that string

Noob
Hey guys,

does 33 have any use in the corner for setups? I been using it for armour setups but I realized DB2 has 1 more frame advantage on hit so I don't see why I should ever use 33 :eek:?

marietta1200

Best Coast
Hey guys,

does 33 have any use in the corner for setups? I been using it for armour setups but I realized DB2 has 1 more frame advantage on hit so I don't see why I should ever use 33 :eek:?
This might be obvious (just watch sonic fox play aftershock, e.g.) but it's a good mixup after rock shower. Typically they're expecting B32 DB2D.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Hey guys,

main use for 33 imo is for metallic for the ex dd4 otg since db2 in lava does give have enough knockdown advantage.
as mentioned above though, using 33/3~db1d after a blocked rock drop prop best use of it outside of lava mode