What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
In Crystalline If you get a hard knockdown and you know the opponent doesn't have meter, cancel into either dd1 then d4 or db1, d4. Very hard to block. Also this comes out fast enough that if they long get up you can get a free grab out still.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Use 123xxdd1 or b2d4u4xxdd1
21d4u4dd1 (not sure what b2d4u4 is) is punishable by quite a few characters midscreen even, and probably even more in the corner. 123 is the best it seems but even that isn't going to allow for much mixup potential since it still isn't a hard knockdown and the opponent recovers before you do.

GS_Zodiac

21d4u4dd1 (not sure what b2d4u4 is) is punishable by quite a few characters midscreen even, and probably even more in the corner. 123 is the best it seems but even that isn't going to allow for much mixup potential since it still isn't a hard knockdown and the opponent recovers before you do.
It still eats a hit. That includes ex punishes. It should give you enough time to block if it's a multi hit like mileena ex roll. And others like reptile ex slide get punished hard. You should end plus enough to where if they don't wake up and try to just press a button you can snuff it

EDIT: I'm fairly sure you can only punish the first two hits of the b1d4u4 string. I could be wrong but I'm thought the whole string was safe. And if they're afraid of pressure you get a free stance change off of it on block

YGDWaffles

Breakfast Lunch & Dinner's for Beginners
no need to be a smart ass. just pointing out some facts that's all.
I'm still going to use it because smashing a huge boulder over someone's head is hilarious to me in a very primitive way.

I don't care if it's risky or redundant.

Also there's a brutality from doing it.
I don't think it's bad at all. It's really good for oki and since it's a hard knockdown you get a free stance change. Condition them to block low and bam
im joking lol. It's just that people are acting like one bad move destroys the char, so why not act like a smartass?:DOGE:joker:

Reactions: GAV

mkl

Poopbutt.
It still eats a hit. That includes ex punishes. It should give you enough time to block if it's a multi hit like mileena ex roll. And others like reptile ex slide get punished hard. You should end plus enough to where if they don't wake up and try to just press a button you can snuff it

EDIT: I'm fairly sure you can only punish the first two hits of the b1d4u4 string. I could be wrong but I'm thought the whole string was safe. And if they're afraid of pressure you get a free stance change off of it on block
The dd1 doesn't recover fast enough so stuff like Reptile's EXbf4 will definitely punish it unless you use EX dd1 which is safe. Speaking of b1d4u4/21d4u4 exclusively. The problem with all of this is still that if you block anything you lose the low, so a lot of characters that can't outright punish it will be able to do something that you have to block unless you're using EX.

DEVILJ23

Grim Reaper
Frame data is correct on Tremor? DB1 chip =0.88 and 2.25 the info only show 2.25 for both specials in Metallic Lava and Gold.

D. R.

Noob
I am not the only who believes Tremor is mediocre. I will list my reasons shortly and you are more than welcome to invalidate them. I have no agenda. I want Tremor to be good.

Don't worry, I'll break him eventually and start a new bandwagon for people to hop on. This was only after an hour or so combining @InFlames throw tech into the mix. Give me actual time to test and optimize. I can already see the "Nerf Tremor" threads brewing. I await your thread. ;)

mkl

Poopbutt.

Don't worry, I'll break him eventually and start a new bandwagon for people to hop on. This was only after an hour or so combining @InFlames throw tech into the mix. Give me actual time to test and optimize. I can already see the "Nerf Tremor" threads brewing. I await your thread. ;)
#Setplay. Beautiful stuff, man.

Don't even bother trying to convince people of the character's merits if they're giving up on day mother fucking one.

YGDWaffles

Breakfast Lunch & Dinner's for Beginners

.....but don't post too much on this though, we want people to say he's mediocre so nrs can buff him to have 100% midscreen oki otg no bar reversal wakeup brutality combos ;)

Immortal

Blind justice....
Man i love messing with Aftershock. It's awesome. Even if Tremor turns out as mediocre i really like this variation. So maaaaaaany tools.

jp1, dd1 in air catches people all the time. Setups with aftershock works nicely. I see many flaws in his gameplay but man i having so much fun.

GS_Zodiac

The dd1 doesn't recover fast enough so stuff like Reptile's EXbf4 will definitely punish it unless you use EX dd1 which is safe. Speaking of b1d4u4/21d4u4 exclusively. The problem with all of this is still that if you block anything you lose the low, so a lot of characters that can't outright punish it will be able to do something that you have to block unless you're using EX.

I'm failing to understand what you're talking about honestly..

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So on a Metalic note I found that after a hard knock down, gold versions db1 (low or mid version) is a good projectile to check them. Not too negative on block and if it hits then they're open for a free bf4 (or is it fb4? can't remember). This will force them to block or get hit by it. Not much you can do after they block that but it's some ranged pressure maybe? I think fi they block you can set up another db1.

Plop

Noob
looks like its gonna be another week before iget my hands on this character. How execution heavy is he?

GS_Zodiac

looks like its gonna be another week before iget my hands on this character. How execution heavy is he?
Not very. Metallic has a 35% combo that you have to hit like at the peak height,but other than that i don't think it's much

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I never just dismiss Dave's insight outright, even when I disagree. I'm sure there are some things I'm missing about the character. I do think he's missing some stuff too. He's all negative. I'm all positive. I'm sure Tremor rests someplace in between.

Tremor's not a zoner. He's a grappler with rushdown and anti-zoning.

He has a great D1. Check out its reach and recovery. For how far it reaches and how quickly it recovers, its pretty fast. Its not the best in the game, but its very close. Now, check out the reach on his grab. It almost has the same range as Kotal Khan's Sun Throw. Now, do his D4 - which is the best in the game.

Now, get into his combos. You'll notice that most of them move him forward. Now, start cutting them short and end them with D to B 1, and hold DB to access the low ... safe.

Anti-zoning - I can't really speak on Metallic or Crystaline much, but Earthshaker is good for beating out zoners - especially spammers. That aerial low beats out projectiles. Then, you have a low and high projectile. The low one sets up the high one because the high one beats airborne opponents. You can also tap back after any projectile to roll back - and it costs no stamina.

He is wildly unsafe, but he has enough tools that your offense is hardly ever going to get snuffed out once you devote a little time to him.

I do think he's more execution heavy than most think. You want your combos in the upper 30's and lower 40's; Not down in the 20's. He's designed to do big damage off of just about any launcher and you can hit confirm into everything. Once you've conditioned yourself to down to back for his ender, hitting the right button is easy.

If they're blocking, just end with D to B 1 and hold DB to push them away with a low. If they're not, you still D to B but just launch with 2 instead. There seems like there are gaps in his strings, but there is enough hit-stun and block-stun to keep him safe. Just don't finish his combos generically and hit confirm everything.

Last edited: