What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero Tournament Viable Lethal Killing Machine - Cyber Sub-Zero PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm honestly thinking he'll end up being the worst character in the game just off the basis that he's a hidden character and how bad he was in mk9.
That's exactly why Kenshi is top tier in this game, because he was top tier in 9 right? Oh wait, he's been on the bottom since release...

Don't base competency on a series where the characters have been almost entirely rebuilt gameplay-wise from one iteration to the next one.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
No one is blocking it lol.
You don't really need to see a hard-to-blockable hit to know that it's hard to block.

If a character has has two OH and low options that can be activated near-simultaneously, they have the option of a hard-to-blockable.

He has low bombs and multiple overhead attacks at varying speeds, range, and utility, his hard-to-blockable game will be tighter than fish pussy, mark my words.

---

Sooo CSZ has a command OH(that advances him slightly), a command low(that's a low-profiling slide that also goes into a string), two special OHs, and two different special lows. And we don't know what kind of OHs or Lows he has inside of strings, or how good his mids are. His NJP is stuuuuupid, so that's another good OH option.

It's good to know he won't be without mix-ups, 50/50's, or lacking in a specific way to open anyone up.

Doesn't look like any of his MK9 strings or normals have returned unless I missed something.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You don't really need to see a hard-to-blockable hit to know that it's hard to block.

If a character has has two OH and low options that can be activated near-simultaneously, they have the option of a hard-to-blockable.

He has low bombs and multiple overhead attacks at varying speeds, range, and utility, his hard-to-blockable game will be tighter than fish pussy, mark my words.

---

Sooo CSZ has a command OH(that advances him slightly), a command low(that's a low-profiling slide that also goes into a string), two special OHs, and two different special lows. And we don't know what kind of OHs or Lows he has inside of strings, or how good his mids are. His NJP is stuuuuupid, so that's another good OH option.

It's good to know he won't be without mix-ups, 50/50's, or lacking in a specific way to open anyone up.

Doesn't look like any of his MK9 strings or normals have returned unless I missed something.
The most interesting part about this post is that I can argue that you're downplaying. :coffee:

Lokheit

Noob
I'm going to guess Cyber Sub the fridge can freeze into combo, then frost-saw launch into combo continuation, then restand string meterburn into more hits? The string meterburn should be compatible with regular freezes given how it's part of a string animation. It could lead to some reeeaaaaally long combos if it's compatible.

I've already seen videos of Bo doing 60+% for 1 bar in the corner with not presets or high execution requeriments, I hope that's just because the "pre March 1st" version of the DLCs isn't the final version and they're already balanced with the "official release" or we're going to need a balance patch sooner than expected.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Wowowowowow.

The frost-saw(a move where he slides back and does a OH that pops up) can be cancelled into special after the slide animation. So you can just slide back to do a ice ball, regular slide, drone summon, whatever.

That's pretty funny. You can absolutely fuck wake-ups if your reads are good. Gonna be bait-city if it's as good as it looks(nothing is certain of course).

Basically it's a very fast and costless back dash that can be seamlessly converted into a special.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
His X-Ray looks like it's a parry that acts like human Sub-Zero's X-Ray. :D At first, I was definitely MOST interested in Cyrax, but after seeing some CSZ stuff, whewww... I think I'm currently all about CSZ. The mind-fucking is real.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Honestly Triborg having 4 variations pisses me off to no end grammatically and game wise. No Spawn, Rain, or Sindel yet another version of Sub in a QUADbot. Might as well put Frost in the game while we're at it.
When you think about it, NRS did it almost entirely wrong. The gave us three garbage characters in all-Tanya, Leather Face, and Bo rai cho. What NRS should have given us but didn't are Noob Saibot, Baraka, and Havik.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Where ae you guys finding all of this stuff? Can someone PM me links or something or will you get banned for that too?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
When you think about it, NRS did it almost entirely wrong. The gave us three garbage characters in all-Tanya, Leather Face, and Bo rai cho. What NRS should have given us but didn't are Noob Saibot, Baraka, and Havik.
Kids on this forum really do love to speak as if their subjective opinions were fact.

What you hate other people love, that's how the world works. Some times you get what you want, some times others get what they want.

Move on and accept it and hope for something better for you in the future.

And if you reeeeaaally want to complain, here's the official MKX forums right here:
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/MORTAL-KOMBAT-X/ct-p/MKX,
maybe a dev'll see it and have a good chuckle.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I m not a big fan of tanya, Bo rai cho and leatherface but you don't have to be a fan to see they are vastly superior to that jobber Baraka.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Cyber sub zero is going to be fun for sure.

Looks like he can meter burn at least one of his combo strings to leave opponent frozen. His normals are crazy looking.

Oh that ex dive kick has brutality.

Status
Not open for further replies.