What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero Tournament Viable Lethal Killing Machine - Cyber Sub-Zero PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokheit

Noob
I don't think Tri-Borg is canon, man
That's the other explanation, but I was trying to avoid it to keep believing Bo isn't the only canon character from KP2 lol. At the end of the day I guess Triborg is non canon fan service and at best the cyborg version of Chameleon without serving any purpose to the story, would be cool though if he added something in that department.

Canon or not, we still don't know his/their deal till we get the arcade ending. Still I like that they took Sektor's Armageddon ending and made it a playable thing.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
That parry is utter frozen pile of bullshit.

It doesn't work against jump-in attacks In a game where everyone is trying to jump on you, not to mention anyone with teleport can punish you instantly.
I'm not saying the move couldn't be improved but it would be dumb for it to parry jump attacks.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
That parry is utter frozen pile of bullshit.

It doesn't work against jump-in attacks In a game where everyone is trying to jump on you, not to mention anyone with teleport can punish you instantly.

CSZ's mk9 parry and Sub zero's MKvsDC icy freeze are much better.
Parries are not supposed to counter jump in attacks.

The point is, in this game, there are not enough strings with gaps that anyone uses, that we can parry through, and because armoured moves are very prominent in this game, it means that the parry is redundant. Armoured moves not only has to be baited, but they also have to be punished properly, a parry just has to be waited for.

A parry should be strong, and directly effect how the opponent approaches you. With Unbreakable, his parry is 6 frames...while his strings are all around -6, meaning even if you use it, you will be beat out by almost every normal in the game, as everyone has 8 frames somewhere. Even with his MB parry at 3 frames, you will still get beaten out before it can start up, were as armour will start up even when at negative frames.

So I for one, I am glad he doesn't have a parry, as it came at such an expense in MK9.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Parries are not supposed to counter jump in attacks.

The point is, in this game, there are not enough strings with gaps that anyone uses, that we can parry through, and because armoured moves are very prominent in this game, it means that the parry is redundant. Armoured moves not only has to be baited, but they also have to be punished properly, a parry just has to be waited for.

A parry should be strong, and directly effect how the opponent approaches you. With Unbreakable, his parry is 6 frames...while his strings are all around -6, meaning even if you use it, you will be beat out by almost every normal in the game, as everyone has 8 frames somewhere. Even with his MB parry at 3 frames, you will still get beaten out before it can start up, were as armour will start up even when at negative frames.

So I for one, I am glad he doesn't have a parry, as it came at such an expense in MK9.
I don't think the purpose of parry is to parry gaps in strings, you can always do the good old-fashioned parry and freeze them on their first hit.

Last edited:

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
And your point is? No one asked for it and no one wanted it. By your logic it'd would've been easier just to upgrade the graphics of MK9 instead of making MKX. No variations just current gen graphics. I'd have paid $40 for a pack that had Fujin, Rain, or Spawn alone. And AGAIN it's called TRI-borg and had FOUR variations! Boon is now missing a basic understanding of English.
I am sorry man, but you are an idiot! To put all 4 Cyborgs in 1 characters is the best idea NRS could come up with. To please so many fans is a great move. There will always be a crying dushbags like you, so move on and don't pay for him then and get bodyed by the Cyber army that is on the way!

Samsara

Resident Cynic
So I've noticed that all the robots have a slide as a command normal. This will mean that Cyber Sub-Zero will have 2 slides.

Also I've noticed that the DOT is quite small and seems to stop once the opponent is unfrozen. Since freezing scales damage regardless I'm not sure how useful that's gonna be. If it kills that might be a different story.

I'm hoping his slide will have significantly different properties than Sub-Zero's. Right now his moveset looks pretty tame.

Edit: It appears that normal ice ball and ice beam are significantly faster than Sub-Zero's.

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I noticed that, too. I suppose since Unbreakable Sub already has it, it would feel redundant. Also CSZ's inputs for Ice Ball and Slide are interesting.

I'd be surprised if he didn't have them. The other three cyborgs have unique strings, NJP's, and other references to MK9. It makes me curious about the Drone, too. We see it adds damage (and presumably chip) to Ice Ball. It'd be cool if he had a handful of ice-based normals that were similarly buffed with Drone out.

Ice Beam looks fast as hell. I wonder if it stops on trade like MK9 or if they changed it to continue on.
His b2 looks a lot like cyrax, but with a drone out, he does a quick back dash and then comes over the top. Seems like a good footsie tool.

the only other person i saw main csz in 9 was scarsunseen, you 'i mained / loved csz' dudes got me lolzing hard

blue robot ninja edit: forgot guamo

Status
Not open for further replies.