What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero Tournament Viable Lethal Killing Machine - Cyber Sub-Zero PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Anyway why the heck would anyone expect him to be bad given how stupid good the other three variations look and how good the shared strings look?

This isn't copy-paste from MK9.

Going off of the move list they showed and the few seconds of gameplay, he is definitely as different as the other 3.

Going off of what we've seen and the dialogue and overall presentation of them I can say I am 99.99% confident that Tri-Borg is just what they call themselves as a group and not one guy. If it were only one guy they wouldn't have went through the trouble of giving them different bodies and as far as I could tell different sounding voices. They even have their model numbers in their names.

They also referred to them as "them" and "Sektor" or "Cyrax" or "Smoke" and not as "him" or "Triborg" in a singular fashion during the Kombat Kast.
It has been confirmed on twitter several times that Tri-Borg is his own character ( yet unknown canon or not) and not a group of cyborgs, he just controls several units at the same time like Ultron from Mahvel. They can all merge into one body as we can see from his/their intro, and judging by his Killing Machine fatality they can even merge into one complex machine. Very likely he has a hive mind which would mean that personalities of all the cyborgs are still influencing him, so he might even call himself we, like Ermac does.
What I find interesting is that Cyber Sub-Zero looks like the default Tri-Borg body from the original kp2 trailer. In the comics Quan Chi took Kuai Lungs soul out of his cybernetic body and gave him flesh. So his body, which was stated to be the same body Smoke was suppose to get if not for the changing of the timeline, could be occupied by somebody else. Bi han's soul? Or Enenra? Or it was functioning on it's own carrying out the cyber Lin Kuei agenda, which is restoring Sektor as its leader. Regardless, Kuai Lung's Cyber body would make sense to have both freezing powers and Smoke's powers in its design as it was originally build for Smoke. Although I could imagine those being magical in nature, and in order for them to work there still has to be a personality using those powers inside a cyborg.

MK_Al

Noob
Can't wait to Play cyber Sub. I assume he will be viable due to the fact that (most) dlc chars have tendencies to be op.
However, I would love to see a cancelable mk9 parry.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Turns out the Drone connected with Sub Zero's Ice Ball does a small amount of damage during the time they are frozen.

So, it is safe to stay, they enhance his specials, or whatever specials can connect with them, as I don't see why his normal ice ball would do damage over time.

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
Cyber Sub is going to be a Cyber Bully. I honestly hope he's viable so I don't have to use OpBorg.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
go play unbreakable sub then
That parry is utter frozen pile of bullshit.

It doesn't work against jump-in attacks In a game where everyone is trying to jump on you, not to mention anyone with teleport can punish you instantly.

CSZ's mk9 parry and Sub zero's MKvsDC icy freeze are much better.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I think NRS had enough time to think this through. There is no way in hell they could mess up this variation. I want his Air X-Ray bomb setup back!

Lokheit

Noob
I was never a fan of CSZ because it was a horrible story change for the sake of it, just for shock and no consequences (as we can see, fortunately Kuai Liang is more or less on the same path than during the original timeline) you can even say it had more effect over Smoke with the enenra stuff. He also was killed by a single regular palm to the metal face after being able to one shot Kano and 1 vs 2 Goro and Kintaro.

The other thing that irks me a bit is that I'm theorizing Triborg has access to the designs of all robots (and that's why he can be cyber smoke even if he wasn't captured) but I always thought that for Smoke and Sub-Zero, they needed them to power the specific powers of smoke and ice with their natural abilities unlike Sektor and Cyrax that use common weaponry so... why did they even need Kuai Liang and Thomas if they could replicate their powers from the beginning without putting their bodies in the machine?

Going offtopic but that's why from a lore standpoint I would've prefered to see a Sektor variation, a Cyrax one and then a minion based Tekunin variation summoning more robots ala Ultron shared consciousnes.

Now on topic, the drones will probably power up multiple moves, not only adding DoT to the iceball, and it will be really easy to setup twice per combo (during the freeze and after a knock down to have it ready for the next combo), so depending on the added effects it can be really powerful.

I only hope his slide is more like Reptile's and doesn't evade as many Mids as Subbies slide, otherwise in combination with the dive kick it would be overkill and real Sub won't have much to offer against him.

Oh, and if he gets NJP sword, Cryo needs it as the weapon based Sub-Zero!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I am just scared his parry and teleport wont come back. But that drone looks sick, damage over time ice could lead to some nasty things.
Lol lets not kid ourselves, NOBODY will miss CSZ's MK9 teleport, it was literally a worse version of Cyrax's teleport which was already OK at best.

If he gets regular Sub's MKDC teleport then that might be interesting however....

Status
Not open for further replies.