What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero Tournament Viable Lethal Killing Machine - Cyber Sub-Zero PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rearawt

Noob
Do the ice drones seem static on the map to anyone? They might be like Raiden's lightning things, and you have to place and be close to the drone to get your specials changed.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Seeing as how Sektor and Cyrax have their MK9 X-Ray starters I can only assume Sub dive kicks for his again.

Do the ice drones seem static on the map to anyone? They might be like Raiden's lightning things, and you have to place and be close to the drone to get your specials changed.
Nah, in the video he moves back for a split second and the drone follows.

Seems like the type of thing to disappear on hit though.

I don't know if it was because of the drone but his freeze seems shorter than human Sub's.

Tim Static

Adminerator
And your point is? No one asked for it and no one wanted it. By your logic it'd would've been easier just to upgrade the graphics of MK9 instead of making MKX. No variations just current gen graphics. I'd have paid $40 for a pack that had Fujin, Rain, or Spawn alone. And AGAIN it's called TRI-borg and had FOUR variations! Boon is now missing a basic understanding of English.
This is the fighting game series that brought us the Palette Swap Ninjas..............all none were asked for. It's quick way to add another "character" without taking up the time, resources & funds to make. Relax.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
what about his parry?
I noticed that, too. I suppose since Unbreakable Sub already has it, it would feel redundant. Also CSZ's inputs for Ice Ball and Slide are interesting.

Give me long reaching normals with the ice sword. K thx bai.
Ice sword normals are a MUST.
I'd be surprised if he didn't have them. The other three cyborgs have unique strings, NJP's, and other references to MK9. It makes me curious about the Drone, too. We see it adds damage (and presumably chip) to Ice Ball. It'd be cool if he had a handful of ice-based normals that were similarly buffed with Drone out.

Ice Beam looks fast as hell. I wonder if it stops on trade like MK9 or if they changed it to continue on.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Loved smoke and csz and rain from mk9. with them not in mkx in the beginning I was having a character crisis for while but settled with Lao and never played anyone else. But now my mains have returned to me! I'm going to miss rain... But csz and SMOKE will fill the void for all these months.

Also since we have all the cyborgs from yester years I hope we get noob and rain to complete the ninja cast then mkx would be perfect Fujin noob Shang rain kp3?

TemperingMoon

I Am The White Wolf
If I may....If you look at it from a different perspective....let's say there's a base unit cyborg, Like the Smoke robot...He wouldn't be considered a variation (Story wise) because he was the original robot to absorb 3 types of robots....then his name Tri-Borg....would kind of make sense. Just saying. Okay, that's my two cents....I'm out.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Cyber sub is best robot. Fuck cyrax, fuck sektor fuck smoke give me futuristic looking badass ice swords!

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
We
I brought Boon up because he has final say as the creator. Not to mention he runs NRS, it's his fault someone wasn't hired to bring up this obvious grammatical error.

Secondly I'm not making up "absolutes" just check the character polls. No one wanted Bo Rai Cho or Cyber Sub. Frost had more fans than cyber sub, noob had more, etc.

Lastly, you said it was way easier to make a simple variation than a whole new character. My example was highlighting the fact that that Quadbot is mostly a copy paste job from mk9 with a few tweaks added here and there while also showing you that if they wanted things to be easy they could've pulled a SF5 and just update the graphics of the previous game. I'm done with this, I'm boycotting kp2 anyway
I think your looking at it completely from the wrong perspective. We are getting 7 characters instead of 4 in kp2 that's more than we initially anticipated and were willing to pay for. So we get an extra character and your unhappy about it? Given that some of them are variations of triborg they don't play like any other variation of other characters in the game- they are completely different.

Also keeping what worked in mk9 and is unique to that character is not entirely a bad thing- can you imagine kung lau without a spin or Jonny cage without his nut punch?

The name triborg is not a big deal seeing as when you finish a match with smoke cyrax or sector just those 3 show up hence the name triborg- cyber sub might be a character by himself or could be variationless triborg. But it's not enough for you to decide to boycott kp2, and punish yourself because they didn't bring out characters you wanted.

I also think that sub zero was reported as being the most popular character online and in the community generally so I don't think your statement about cyber sub is true.

MrProfDrPepper

I brought Boon up because he has final say as the creator. Not to mention he runs NRS, it's his fault someone wasn't hired to bring up this obvious grammatical error.

Secondly I'm not making up "absolutes" just check the character polls. No one wanted Bo Rai Cho or Cyber Sub. Frost had more fans than cyber sub, noob had more, etc.

Lastly, you said it was way easier to make a simple variation than a whole new character. My example was highlighting the fact that that Quadbot is mostly a copy paste job from mk9 with a few tweaks added here and there while also showing you that if they wanted things to be easy they could've pulled a SF5 and just update the graphics of the previous game. I'm done with this, I'm boycotting kp2 anyway
Holy shit did someone shit in your cereal? So because there wasn't characters that YOU wanted but a lot of people are excited for (I know myself and many others that are super happy about bo rai cho being in) you are boycotting it? And you don't like tri Borg because it isn't grammatically correct... Instead of being happy that there is more bang for your buck. They didn't need to include cyber sub with new moves, updated look, bringing back old moves, all around a new variation, they could have easily just had variationless only get the universal normals and strings, but they instead designed a brand new move set. And you are complaining. This is like if a map pack for a shooter was announced was called the quad pack, and instead of 4 maps there are 5, and then you decide to boycott it because of grammatical errors.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I was thinking it might take a while to learn a new character (which is what I'm doing unless I see good thinks coming for Kenshi) and the pain of learning 3 new variations and know you tell me he has 4!

Meh, more options.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
SHORT AND FAR DIVE KICKS:
In the moves list, it specifies "Dive Kick (Far)", so through an educated guess, we can assume they must have "Dive Kick (Short)", for two reasons.
1. He has these in MK9.
2. No other dive kick in the game specifies the distance as Sonya and Kung Jin both have one dive kick range.

ONLY ONE VIABLE ARMOUR OPTION:
Slide.

Judging by the other moves, like Ice Ball, Drone, Dive Kick etc, none of these moves leave him with an armoured option which every character in the game has bar Quan outside of Warlock, and considering Sub has armour on his MB Slide, it is a reasonable assumption to say that the MB Slide will be his armoured move, and at that, its not a bad one, I'm guessing its around 8-10 frames like Subs.

DRONES:
From what I can see, the drone could be a little air ice bomb, maybe something you detonate manually?
But, from the short clip, it appears that they enhance his specials, as his Ice Ball had damage over the duration that D'vorah was frozen, and I can only assume, his normal ice ball does not have damage over time.

It doesn't seem that crazy as it looks like its about 5%, and it doesn't carry over while they are not frozen...maybe the MB Ice beam will do 10%?

I really hope that, if that is the case, he doesn't need to have a drone on screen to do a simple ice ball...
I also hope that they drones stay indefinitely and that they don't just disappear...
I also hope they can connect together, somewhat like Master of Storms...

This is the move that will either give him utility or just be something tacked on. I think it all might hinge on this move.

DIVE KICK MB:
In MK9, they did a lot of damage, but they give you no real hit advantage, but they were safe with proper spacing.

Hopefully in MKX, there is a reward besides damage for using them on hit, either a knockdown, or some major hit advantage to get whatever offence he has started, no idea if they will put armour on them, but Kung Jin has a totally safe MB dive kick, so who knows how strong they will end up being.

ICE BEAM:
Same as MK9, except it is incredibly fast. If I had to guess, I would assume this is the perfect projectile to destroy other projectiles, but who knows if they will give it this property, seems an obvious choice though.

This move was used to trade with other projectiles in MK9, should be used similarly in MKX, considering he doesn't have a teleport, which is what all the other bots will be using them for, this could be his answer to that.

BOMBS:
His bombs in MK9 were absolutely terrible...

I would assume that because Cyrax's bombs are now low, Cyber Sub's should follow the same trend.

He has a stupid bomb rule in MK9, if he placed a bomb while the opponent couldn't block (that includes if the opponent was doing a special move, jumping, laying down, or using even a normal) the bomb wouldn't freeze...

Hopefully the design doesn't follow that horrendous and nonsensical format this time.

DIVE KICK OVERHEAD, BOMBS LOW?:
If this happens to be this way...he will have incredible set ups, and this speaks for it self.

Low Bomb, into overhead dive kick.

NO MENTION OF TELEPORT:
All the other bots have teleports, Cyber Sub doesn't appear to have one, no idea how that will effect him. But I'm MK9, he just had a pallete swap of Cyrax's teleport anyway, so it isn't really his move.

NO MENTION OF PARRY:
Who cares, parry's in this game are absolute trash anyway.

IDENTITY:
The character has no real identity as all his MK9 moves were either unused strings from other characters and his moves were palette swaps.

This is a chance for him to have his own identity, this could be achieved by giving him his B22 or 34, or 332 from MK9, his variation specific strings should help separate him in the same way Smoke's smoke bomb string does...

I am terrified that how terrible this character could be, but I am also incredibly excited.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
SHORT AND FAR DIVE KICKS:
In the moves list, it specifies "Dive Kick (Far)", so through an educated guess, we can assume they must have "Dive Kick (Short)", for two reasons.
1. He has these in MK9.
2. No other dive kick in the game specifies the distance as Sonya and Kung Jin both have one dive kick range.

ONLY ONE VIABLE ARMOUR OPTION:
Slide.

Judging by the other moves, like Ice Ball, Drone, Dive Kick etc, none of these moves leave him with an armoured option which every character in the game has bar Quan outside of Warlock, and considering Sub has armour on his MB Slide, it is a reasonable assumption to say that the MB Slide will be his armoured move, and at that, its not a bad one, I'm guessing its around 8-10 frames like Subs.

DRONES:
From what I can see, the drone could be a little air ice bomb, maybe something you detonate manually?
But, from the short clip, it appears that maybe they have other functions, as the little drone appears to connect to sub when he uses what looks like his Ice Ball.

I really hope that, if that is the case, he doesn't need to have a drone on screen to do a simple ice ball...
I also hope that they drones stay indefinitely and that they don't just disappear...
I also hope they can connect together, somewhat like Master of Storms...

This is the move that will either give him utility or just be something tacked on. I think it all might hinge on this move.

DIVE KICK MB:
In MK9, they did a lot of damage, but they give you no real hit advantage, but they were safe with proper spacing.

Hopefully in MKX, there is a reward besides damage for using them on hit, either a knockdown, or some major hit advantage to get whatever offence he has started, no idea if they will put armour on them, but Kung Jin has a totally safe MB dive kick, so who knows how strong they will end up being.

ICE BEAM:
Same as MK9, except it is incredibly fast. If I had to guess, I would assume this is the perfect projectile to destroy other projectiles, but who knows if they will give it this property, seems an obvious choice though.

This move was used to trade with other projectiles in MK9, should be used similarly in MKX, considering he doesn't have a teleport, which is what all the other bots will be using them for, this could be his answer to that.

BOMBS:
His bombs in MK9 were absolutely terrible...

I would assume that because Cyrax's bombs are now low, Cyber Sub's should follow the same trend.

He has a stupid bomb rule in MK9, if he placed a bomb while the opponent couldn't block (that includes if the opponent was doing a special move, jumping, laying down, or using even a normal) the bomb wouldn't freeze...

Hopefully the design doesn't follow that horrendous and nonsensical format this time.

DIVE KICK OVERHEAD, BOMBS LOW?:
If this happens to be this way...he will have incredible set ups, and this speaks for it self.

Low Bomb, into overhead dive kick.

NO MENTION OF TELEPORT:
All the other bots have teleports, Cyber Sub doesn't appear to have one, no idea how that will effect him. But I'm MK9, he just had a pallete swap of Cyrax's teleport anyway, so it isn't really his move.

NO MENTION OF PARRY:
Who cares, parry's in this game are absolute trash anyway.

IDENTITY:
The character has no real identity as all his MK9 moves were either unused strings from other characters and his moves were palette swaps.

This is a chance for him to have his own identity, this could be achieved by giving him his B22 or 34, or 332 from MK9, his variation specific strings should help separate him in the same way Smoke's smoke bomb string does...

I am terrified that how terrible this character could be, but I am also incredibly excited.

Thoughts?
Madzin and I are excited.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Well I'm looking for a DLC char to at

And I maimed Dub in MK9 but didn't like how he played in this so I'm looking forward to see how he plays.

MrProfDrPepper

the drone looked like it was buffing his ice attacks and making them damage over time, if that is the case then holy shit this character

Status
Not open for further replies.