What's new

TOP TEN MK9 Mistakes

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
Someone make a top 10 list over top 10 stupid shit said in top 10 lists. Cause some of it is wack.

1. Armor
2. Bugs and glitches
3. Inconsistent hit boxes and normals whiffing depending on the hit box
4. Block stun
5. Obnoxious characters such as Kabal, Kenshi and to a certain extent Freddy
6. Poor training mode
7. Netcode
8. No scecret codes like the MK3 space game or hidden characers via Kombat Kodes.
9. Lack of Vita costume port such as UMK3 Reptile, Ermac etc.
10. Music

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Why are so many guys putting armor on blast? Is it essentially a lazy and inefficient way to buff characters? Yes. But shit, I smell a fuckton of closet, fraud Scrub-Zeros who were looking for an easy win after watching Power-Up 2011 in this thread :p

YOUR

CHARACTER

GOT

DOWNLOADED

NOT

NERFED

DEAL

WITH

IT

BTW

I'M

DROPPING

KENSHI

FOR

SHEEVA

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
There is nothing wrong with Unreal as an engine, its kind of a weird choice for a fighting game because of how hard it it to maintain 60FPS on a console, but they used some black magic to perform it, so its fine. Its a great looking engine that is very easy to use.

I don't know the specifics but I believe the only real reason they used it was because Midway had a deal with Epic games, Midway published a bunch of there stuff and I would guess gave them discounts on the engine. The ps2 games all used the renderware engine from EA/Criteiron, that engine died during the transition from PS2>PS3 so it was not an option. After all there work too get MKvsDC to run on Unreal it would be a waste to stop using it now, plus WB has a studio wide deal with EPIC for the UE, Rocksteady, Monolith and NRS all use it. They could make there own engine but that would take time, anywhere from a year to three years, and there is no guarantee that what ever they make would be better then UE3.

I'm no programmer, but this is where my 2nd point comes in, let's face it, MKDC was a pretty barebones fighter and NRS had no interest in giving it any nuance, and when you take that engine and apply such drastic changes to it, you're bound to run into bugs that make zero sense and an engine not built for such isn't going to be able to pick up on (parry glitches, input bug, hitbox inconsistencies, classic costume idiosyncrasies, alt costumes making online desync). I say this, NRS probably knew what was causing this shit all along, they just didn't want to admit to all the blatant programming shortcuts they took with the game.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Post what you feel are the top ten mistakes Netherrealm has made involving MK9. Hopefully this will serve as a guide to Netherrealm as what NOT to do in the upcoming games.

1. Nerfing Subzero in one of the latest patches
2. Giving Kenshi armor on everything :mad:
3. Giving PS3 Kratos and not giving Xbox 360 Masterchief
4. Player 1 advantage
5. Allowing a tournament to happen with Kabal having an infinite.
6. Not being able to have someone from online on your team in a tag match
7. The music in MK9 sucks
8. Not making more DLCs
9. No Hara-Kiris :(
10. Giving us Scarlett as a DLC instead of Ashrah!
Just a question WHO THE FUCK are Ashrah and Hara-Kiris?

Ones from the top of my head:

Training Mode, Player 1 advantage (plus no trading blows), releasing the game with KL the way he was, Kabal the way he is until nowdays, block invisibility bug in some characters, nerfing Sub-Zero non-stop... the list goes on.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Post what you feel are the top ten mistakes Netherrealm has made involving MK9. Hopefully this will serve as a guide to Netherrealm as what NOT to do in the upcoming games.

1. Nerfing Subzero in one of the latest patches
2. Giving Kenshi armor on everything :mad:
3. Giving PS3 Kratos and not giving Xbox 360 Masterchief
4. Player 1 advantage
5. Allowing a tournament to happen with Kabal having an infinite.
6. Not being able to have someone from online on your team in a tag match
7. The music in MK9 sucks
8. Not making more DLCs
9. No Hara-Kiris :(
10. Giving us Scarlett as a DLC instead of Ashrah!
This :u , but music is not bad if you choose klassic music and increase the volume ... skarlet is pretty cool also :cool: .

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm no programmer, but this is where my 2nd point comes in, let's face it, MKDC was a pretty barebones fighter and NRS had no interest in giving it any nuance, and when you take that engine and apply such drastic changes to it, you're bound to run into bugs that make zero sense and an engine not built for such isn't going to be able to pick up on (parry glitches, input bug, hitbox inconsistencies, classic costume idiosyncrasies, alt costumes making online desync). I say this, NRS probably knew what was causing this shit all along, they just didn't want to admit to all the blatant programming shortcuts they took with the game.
That's not the engines fault, what you mean is legacy code carried over from MKvsDC, and well I'm sure that did cause certain problems, like no trades and the blockstun, and the 3D hitboxes, but a lot of what you listed would have nothing to do with DC. Its simply poor coding on there part, not enough testing, and not enough for sight to obvious problems like not applying the patch changes to the other costumes.

The engine is fine, most of the problems just came from there inexperience making proper fighting games and not enough testing, seriously they really need more Q&A, fighting games have a whole bunch of mechanics constantly clashing with each other, there is a million things that can go wrong and you will never catch them all. Its why all the fighting games that don't have a proper arcade release are all super buggy, MK, SFxT, SC3-5, the Marvel games. Shame arcades are dead in the west and NRS isn't popular in asia.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The music is awesome in mk9!!!
Its alright, but its quite as hell and you can barely hear it. The sound design in general is really lacking in MK9. Which is weird, it was pretty good in all there other games.

Really needed Shao Khan to commentate matches and remind everyone how much they suck.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
The unreal engine should NEVER be in a fighting game. It's specifically for FPS's.
I don't understand what is the problem like some people have with Unreal Engine. Imo, this game has better graphics and movement "feeling" than any other actually in the market. could someone elaborate more about how UE is bad?

Its alright, but its quite as hell and you can barely hear it. The sound design in general is really lacking in MK9. Which is weird, it was pretty good in all there other games.

Really needed Shao Khan to commentate matches and remind everyone how much they suck.
Turn the music up and get head phones. It's da bee's knees I tells ya!
But kabals dash is super broken. The sound is so loud and ambient and you hear it like a hundred times a second.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't understand what is the problem like some people have with Unreal Engine. Imo, this game has better graphics and movement "feeling" than any other actually in the market. could someone elaborate more about how UE is bad?
UE has had kind of a shitty rep for its first couple of years for a variety of reason, not being super optimized for the ps3, bad texture loading, bad hair physics, poor lightning, and making everything all glossy. All these problems have been fixed over the years by EPIC, well texture loading still kinda sucks, but its not really a problem for a fighting game so it doesn't matter.

The real problem some have with the engine though is that on consoles at least, it has a very hard time keeping a high frame rate, in fact NRS are the only studio who have made a UE3 console game with 60fps. Its why people are upset about the new DMC(well one of the MANY reasons), it uses UE3 and because of it will be 30FPS on consoles ruining the feel of the classic gameplay, it should be fine on PC though, even if the rest of that game will be jank.

The engine has been used for a whole lot of games from all types of genres, including things like Asuras wrath, Lost Odyssey, Alice Madness returns, Mass Effect, Shadow complex, all vastly different types of games.

No order:

-No purple ninja costume for Rain
-command grab infinite for Cyrax
-Kitana's Jay Leno face and annoying voice/shouts
-Kabal's iagb being too powerful
-crappy online netcode
-Kano being nerfed into SF Dan tier
-Cyber Smoke alt costume...too much? Eh maybe

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Here's my list in no particular order:

Bad netcode. Self explanatory. Fuck Gamespy.

Mediocre training mode. I look at VF5 and Tekken's training modes and MK just does not compare at all.

Too much SUPER armor. Way too much of it. I hope there will be armor piercing moves to combat this.

Kenshi’s Spirit Charge. Way too easy to abuse and the main reason why Kenshi users have no fundamentals at all. Needs to be adjusted in the next game.

Player 1 advantage. Let there be draws for a change...

Inconsistent corner properties. I mean...really?

Input bug. So stupid.

Too many patches in a short amount of time. Please NRS...please have more paitence from now on.

Random frame advantage. Remember this pplz?

Lag on certain stages.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Too many patches in a short amount of time. Please NRS...please have more paitence from now on.
They couldn't wait, they had to patch as fast as possible, not because of balance issues but because of glitches, first the parry glitch which was huge, then the costumes causing all the desyncs. Since they only got two patches they had to think fast on what to balance or they would never get the chance.

They were basically between a rock and a hard place. Outside of the dash nerf which I don't understand why they did that, and the copious amounts of armor, they did mostly a good job.

I remember like a year back when people were talking about potential nerfs and buffs for the second patch, everyone freaked out about nerfing kabal saying that other then his NDC infinites he was basically fine and they shouldn't touch his gas blast or his NDC saying it would lower the skill gap of the game. Kinda funny looking back.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
1. Bad netcode
2. Premature patching
3. Not enough long term patching
4. Freddy. He doesn't belong in MK
5. Input bug
6. P1 Advantage
7. Small/3D hitboxes
8. Lack of frame data
9. Fail training mode
10. Reeeeeally bad netcode

kronspik

Noob
1) Not knowing their own frame data and balancing accordingly
2) Having tons of useless strings and normals for every character
3) Not fixing glitches that already existed in previous games
4) Not patching the game even though serious issues have been found
5) Patching balance issues far too early
6) Sheeva's entire design
7) Making air projectiles too powerful on characters who don't need them
8) Making crossup JIP too powerful
9) Giving certain characters fast, safe, advancing normals that lead into combos
10) Not making xrays good enough compared to breakers.

I disagree
This is possibly the worst MK in therms of music, there is no song in this game that would kept on my head and give me hype to fight on such stages every day long besides living forest.
What bubble gum pissy ear rape do you kids listen to? Does it pump out of your Walmart brand duck tape covered wall plug tv speakers with the sub wofer up your ass? MK music is hype ass ballz people. Maybe you would like it more if you weren't getting your ass kicked to every song making each track another theme to ur humiliation.

Look man the music dope. Crank your audio and listen to the entrances of the characters while the music does introduces them that one guy is like "for the shoalin!" And it's all like fuck yea! Then the battle starts and its bad ass as with Kung Lao doing his awesome idol stance looking intensely to some quan player looking like he's miming a Barby head plucking. Best part of the music is its pacing. It's not fast and rapid like aqua, it's all powerful and mood setty but all hard rock is so you know it's not fucking around. Or maybe you just spend to much time in the menu screen listening to elevator music MK style for too long .
I encourage everyone to play this game with audio or at least somthing that has reasonable quality, turn down the sound effects, and try not to jack off I dare you

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What bubble gum pissy ear rape do you kids listen to? Does it pump out of your Walmart brand duck tape covered wall plug tv speakers with the sub wofer up your ass? MK music is hype ass ballz people. Maybe you would like it more if you weren't getting your ass kicked to every song making each track another theme to ur humiliation.

Look man the music dope. Crank your audio and listen to the entrances of the characters while the music does introduces them that one guy is like "for the shoalin!" And it's all like fuck yea! Then the battle starts and its bad ass as with Kung Lao doing his awesome idol stance looking intensely to some quan player looking like he's miming a Barby head plucking. Best part of the music is its pacing. It's not fast and rapid like aqua, it's all powerful and mood setty but all hard rock is so you know it's not fucking around. Or maybe you just spend to much time in the menu screen listening to elevator music MK style for too long .
I encourage everyone to play this game with audio or at least somthing that has reasonable quality, turn down the sound effects, and try not to jack off I dare you
Best MK album by far is on MK Desception, sorry, this one doesn't suit much as you think it does, at least to me, to select i will not deny that there is some of the tracks that are really good, but the majority... is... just... meh---

And i'm a very good music listener i don't listen Aqua or Disney Bieber shit, so potato pls...

Best MK album by far is on MK Desception, sorry, this one doesn't suit much as you think it does, at least to me, to select i will not deny that there is some of the tracks that are really good, but the majority... is... just... meh---

And i'm a very good music listener i don't listen Aqua or Disney Bieber shit, so potato pls...
Your deception is the best