What's new

Top, Mid, Low - KP2 character tier speculation!

Which characters from KP2 do you think will be top tier

• Cyber Smoke

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Cyrax

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Sektor

Votes: 82 54.3%
  • Cyber Sub Zero

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Bo Rai Cho

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • Alien

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Leatherface

Votes: 30 19.9%

• Total voters

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
It won't be Sektor. No solely zoning based character will be Top Tier in MKX. Quan is one of the Tops for example due to his vortex and hard to blockables, things Sektor won't have. Look at the rest of the top guys. Cyrax is where the money will be at. I would bet real life money that Cyrax will be top tier. Bruh.

-Low bombs and air bombs to control space

-Very fast armored combo starting teleport
-50/50's into combos that end in standing resets, which lead to hard to blockable setups
-Armor breaking setup that leads to full combo
-2 OH combo starters and a low starter
-Air grab that leads to combo on EX and can be combo'd into.
-A special move that on hit leads to 50/50 mixups anywhere on the screen.
-Great damage
-Big wall carry
-Remains to be seen corner game but I think we all know
-etc

No way Cyrax isn't Top Tier. Book it. He will take everything MKX is about and amplify it to the extreme.
His space control is being slept on so much I think. Also, where did it show cyrax having a standing reset?

Why is every variation of Tri-Borg listed as a separate character?!? Are we finally doing tier lists by variations????

REYTHEGREAT

Don't sleep on smoke and that re stand spear he has.

Imagine finishing a combo with and having the opponent to guess your next move.

Because the robots are each their own characters completely for the most part.
Ah, no. It was confirmed that they are actually a new character - Tri Borg. He can occupy 3 cyborg bodies at the same time or merge into one, but he is still controlled by one ai which is Tri-Borg

I can agree with most of this, but that exact reasoning is why i think he'll be "good but not great".

That teleport looks hella unsafe, and not having at least the "threat" of an OH normal up front hurts. For example, I would say Kitana would take a significant hit without her OH, and it doesn't even launch and is kinda slow. Not having that makes him a pure zoning/space control character in a game that doesn't reward such types of characters. Cyber Kano 2.0 looking character. Cyrax and Smoke look like they would take his lunch money in a 1 vs 1 MU.

Though one thing I'll admit, the EX Flame is gonna be a life vest against the pressure characters. It's something some of those types characters don't have that they could use/need. It's actually better than unsafe launching armor imo for this type of character.
(Theory crafting time)
After watching Ketchup vs Mustard some more I think I understand Sektor's up rockets game a little better.

If you do a string into up rockets on block the opponent has to guess where you're going to put them.
You can't throw out armor vs up rockets so it's a pretty good pressure tool and if they hit its a really good trade because you get a combo so you can't really do much except avoid them.

Uprockets could be a good pressure tool, not just for oki.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Ah, no. It was confirmed that they are actually a new character - Tri Borg. He can occupy 3 cyborg bodies at the same time or merge into one, but he is still controlled by one ai which is Tri-Borg
I know that. Im saying the variations are so ridiculously unique from one another they're practically each a different character.

I know that. Im saying the variations are so ridiculously unique from one another they're practically each a different character.
Ok)) But again, when talking about tier placement by variation - everyone of them is practically a different character. Take Dragon Naginata and Kobujutsu for example, or GM Sub and Unbreakable Sub.

Batgirl second dlc release = top
Tanya second dlc release = top
Which means that leatherface second dlc release must mean he's gonna be top.

Leather face / top tier
Alien / top tier
Triborg / mid tier
Bo Rai cho / low tier

It won't be Sektor. No solely zoning based character will be Top Tier in MKX. Quan is one of the Tops for example due to his vortex and hard to blockables, things Sektor won't have. Look at the rest of the top guys. Cyrax is where the money will be at. I would bet real life money that Cyrax will be top tier. Bruh.

-50/50's into combos that end in standing resets, which lead to hard to blockable setups
-Great damage
-Big wall carry
-etc

No way Cyrax isn't Top Tier. Book it. He will take everything MKX is about and amplify it to the extreme.
Tanya Pyro was solely zoning and she was top

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART

-Great damage
-Big wall carry
-etc

I hope Smoke is too!!!!!#####OG

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@SaltShaker

Ketchup just said on his stream that Triborg has a universal OH.

I think this is it below, they just forgot to show Sektor's.

i dont know, thoise look like different inputs to me...

S+ Tier
Sektor [has GTFOM ex flame, His EX Flame AA's and is positive, Great normals, great stage presence, great Zoning.]

S/A+ Tier
Smoke (LK-7D2) [Not much was shown with his capabilities, dont know if he has any moves that allow continued pressure, Don't know if any or all of his smoke normals can be metered through]
Cyrax (LK-4D4) [it may be hard to setup, strings may be awful on FD, who knows if his OH +Low ender actually is unblockable or HTB]
Bo Rai Cho [seems to have better than average pressure, im almost positive that he has resets and or restands/vortex.]

A/A- Tier
Alien [high hopes for this one, maybe great pressure, great mixups, good strings, possible setups in one variation, possible full screen Specials]
Leatherface [Mostlikely a mixup monster, mostlikely has massive damage]
Cyber Sub [lets assume he is not MK9 Cyber Zero, great slide, great freeze, hopfully has great bombs.]