What's new

Top, Mid, Low - KP2 character tier speculation!

Which characters from KP2 do you think will be top tier

• Cyber Smoke

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Cyrax

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Sektor

Votes: 82 54.3%
  • Cyber Sub Zero

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Bo Rai Cho

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • Alien

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Leatherface

Votes: 30 19.9%

• Total voters

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I just want Leatherface to be broke as fuck. Even if he's shit tier I'm going ham with him fuck the haters. But Cyrax looks to be crazy good right now, same with Sektor. I also am thinking BRC will be top tier.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I honestly think they'll all be top tier or at least mid-top.

Jason was the only stinker in KP1, Tanya and Predator came out strong as fuck and Tremor is now known to be solid as hell despite some dumbasses jumping the gun on him being "abysmal".

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I thought I saw a variation with the fanned head? If that's the case then I give up -_-
Nah dude there's a variation with the Queen head in the gameplay trailer. It's the one with the egg traps and assists.
*sigh*

Nah.

That is a Praetorian class Xenomorph, they defend the eggs and the queen.

And in MKX:

Notice how they aren't the size of a T-rex, have much smaller crowns, and don't have four arms?

A queen is seen in a fatality, notice her size:

Keep in mind if sektor remains the same as he was shown in that build then he will have this : 1- a plus armored move that has a huge hitbox and can break armor

2- the up missile shutting down all options on wakeup ( like tremors rock? But faster and can break armor) it may also be plus and you can combo on hit into good damage aswell and maybe some d1 up missile shenanigans :DOGE

3- homing missile which pretty much forces you to stop moving and block ( that you can combo off on hit and it may be plus?)

4 -good zoning

5- good counter zoning aith tele

Etc etc ( this is all speculation) but thats what i saw

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
*sigh*

Nah.

That is a Praetorian class Xenomorph, they defend the eggs and the queen.

And in MKX:

Notice how they aren't the size of a T-rex, have much smaller crowns, and don't have four arms?

A queen is seen in a fatality, notice her size:

I'm not a huge fan of the franchise so sorry if I got it wrong haha. I love the first two movies though. The others where eh...ok. Alien 3 isn't THAT bad.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
This is what I think. Its ordered in the tiers too

Top Tier (S+/S)
Robot Smoke (he's going to be the batgirl of MKX, quote me on this if you want)

High TIer (S-/A+)
Alien (probably 2 of her variations, queen [traps] will be the best imo)

Mid-High Tier (A+/A)
Sektor
Cyrax (I think he's gonna have trouble opening people up and getting zoned out. EX teleport will turn out to not be as valuable as people think it is, his setups will be crazy, but keep in mind that Spec Ops Cassie has the same things with probably faster normals and she isn't at the top)

Mid Tier (A/A-)
Bo Rai Cho

Low Tier (As bad as Jason)
Leatherface (probably reactable low/overhead city with slow startup. Slasher Jason v2)
Cyber Subzero (not as much work put into him as the other bots and I think he'll just end up being a lost cause overall)
You do know Cyrax's EX teleport is an armored launcher right? I'd say that's pretty damn valuable....

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
It won't be Sektor. No solely zoning based character will be Top Tier in MKX. Quan is one of the Tops for example due to his vortex and hard to blockables, things Sektor won't have. Look at the rest of the top guys. Cyrax is where the money will be at. I would bet real life money that Cyrax will be top tier. Bruh.

-Low bombs and air bombs to control space
-Very fast armored combo starting teleport
-50/50's into combos that end in standing resets, which lead to hard to blockable setups
-Armor breaking setup that leads to full combo
-2 OH combo starters and a low starter
-Air grab that leads to combo on EX and can be combo'd into.
-A special move that on hit leads to 50/50 mixups anywhere on the screen.
-Great damage
-Big wall carry
-Remains to be seen corner game but I think we all know
-etc

No way Cyrax isn't Top Tier. Book it. He will take everything MKX is about and amplify it to the extreme.
I disagree with sektor Breh, his ex flame pressure and his zoning and his setups look really amazing.

I don't know how sektor WON'T be top tier in mkx.

As for cyrax, dem bombs doe.Top 5, calling it rn.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I disagree with sektor Breh, his ex flame pressure and his zoning and his setups look really amazing.

I don't know how sektor WON'T be top tier in mkx.

As for cyrax, dem bombs doe.Top 5, calling it rn.
In another game Sektor would be a better character than he will be in MKX. Strong zoning tools accompanied with pressure but no mixups and no OH will leave him as a better version of Cyber Kano, which isn't a recipe for Top Tier. He'll be good, but he won't be waving S-Tier flags around. People will find ways around his zoning (one of the robots themselves will nullify it) and that'll be that. Meanwhile Cyrax will be breaking the bank on MKX tools of glory. He will signify everything this game uses to succeed and be a Top 3 overall variation.

I'm all but convinced Cyrax will be the money character. Too much MKX style tools of power not to be.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
In another game Sektor would be a better character than he will be in MKX. Strong zoning tools accompanied with pressure but no mixups and no OH will leave him as a better version of Cyber Kano, which isn't a recipe for Top Tier. He'll be good, but he won't be waving S-Tier flags around. People will find ways around his zoning (one of the robots themselves will nullify it) and that'll be that. Meanwhile Cyrax will be breaking the bank on MKX tools of glory. He will signify everything this game uses to succeed and be a Top 3 overall variation.

I'm all but convinced Cyrax will be the money character. Too much MKX style tools of power not to be.
I dunno, man. Sektor has MB Missile which will guarantee a block, a + on block, multi-hitting armor breaker. If up missiles land oh, I'm sure he'll have some mix up potential.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I dunno, man. Sektor has MB Missile which will guarantee a block, a + on block, multi-hitting armor breaker. If up missiles land oh, I'm sure he'll have some mix up potential.
Both UpRocket and EX Rocket hit mid (even though Cassie's is OH but ok). Straight missile is a high. Just block low against everything. If he uses EX Flame for pressure, just block low until it's your turn and watch for the grab. Better version of Cyber Kano looking Sektor. Probably will be good in certain MUs against chars who have a tough time against zoners, but in other MUs can't see him doing too much. When I saw Sektor it screamed "match up dependent character" or "cover the better Borgs weakness" lol.

Cyrax and Smoke on the other hand look they'll "kill you for attempting to play the game" no matter who you pick.

xDRAMATIKx

PSN:MK_DRAMACYDAL
I'm praying for my main Smoke to be a top tier characrter or close to top 10 at the most. I will admit that I miss dem MK9 Human Smoke corner smoke bomb resets!

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I believe that when KP2 arrives Tanya will be above all.
People still salty about tanya?

People seriously need to get over Tanya.Her pressure is neutral duckable, pokable, armorable.
"Above all" Are you kidding me rn?Have you ever heard of the legend that is Tremor?Tanya is top tier but she's not as good as people make her out to be.This isn't pre-patch guys.

Last edited: