What's new

Top, Mid, Low - KP2 character tier speculation!

Which characters from KP2 do you think will be top tier

• Cyber Smoke

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Cyrax

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Sektor

Votes: 82 54.3%
  • Cyber Sub Zero

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Bo Rai Cho

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • Alien

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Leatherface

Votes: 30 19.9%

• Total voters

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Now as much as we hate(love) tier lists and love(hate) that we hate(love) them, I thought of a great game!

Which of the following KP2 characters will be top, mid, or low tiers?

Cyber Smoke
Cyrax
Sektor
Cyber Sub Zero
Bo Rai Cho
Alien
Leather face

My thoughts

Cyrax
Alien

Mid
Smoke
Leatherface
Sektor

Low
Bo Rai Cho
Cyber Sub Zero

Now, your turn :)

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Something gives me a feeling that bo rai cho could end up being top tier almost op on release day. Or one of his variations be could broken. It would be so shitty if he was to turn out like Jason that he or one of his variations gets insanely over done. But we won't know until release day.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It won't be Sektor. No solely zoning based character will be Top Tier in MKX. Quan is one of the Tops for example due to his vortex and hard to blockables, things Sektor won't have. Look at the rest of the top guys. Cyrax is where the money will be at. I would bet real life money that Cyrax will be top tier. Bruh.

-Low bombs and air bombs to control space
-Very fast armored combo starting teleport
-50/50's into combos that end in standing resets, which lead to hard to blockable setups
-Armor breaking setup that leads to full combo
-2 OH combo starters and a low starter
-Air grab that leads to combo on EX and can be combo'd into.
-A special move that on hit leads to 50/50 mixups anywhere on the screen.
-Great damage
-Big wall carry
-Remains to be seen corner game but I think we all know
-etc

No way Cyrax isn't Top Tier. Book it. He will take everything MKX is about and amplify it to the extreme.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
It won't be Sektor. No solely zoning based character will be Top Tier in MKX. Quan is one of the Tops for example due to his vortex and hard to blockables, things Sektor won't have. Look at the rest of the top guys. Cyrax is where the money will be at. I would bet real life money that Cyrax will be top tier. Bruh.

-Low bombs and air bombs to control space
-Very fast armored combo starting teleport
-50/50's into combos that end in standing resets, which lead to hard to blockable setups
-Armor breaking setup that leads to full combo
-2 OH combo starters and a low starter
-Air grab that leads to combo on EX and can be combo'd into.
-A special move that on hit leads to 50/50 mixups anywhere on the screen.
-Great damage
-Big wall carry
-Remains to be seen corner game but I think we all know
-etc

No way Cyrax isn't Top Tier. Book it. He will take everything MKX is about and amplify it to the extreme.
Cyrax is going to be the best out of all of them.

I can guarantee that on my ass.

FinalBoss_FGC

I expect Alien to have a Kung Lao/Tanya mix variation.

Where you use chip damage with his fast ass strings and ending with mb acid something to be safe, but if acid something hits...DOT plus max damage keeping them standing...back into chip.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Like the poll says for the most part I'm going with Smoke>Cyrax>>>>Sektor. They all look solid, but Sektor no doubt has the best zoning of the 3 I'm sure so far from what I'm seeing though Cyrax shouldn't be too shabby either, but I think Smoke and Cyrax will have lots of reset potential and opportunities Cyrax and those bomb placements...set ups, Smoke just looks dangerous, I know we didn't see much of him but the potential is beyond there. That string into blinding smoke bomb is going to be a pain to deal with. This is what separates them from Sektor, Sektor has no "trap move" meaning a stun via net or spear like the other two have, he just has fast projectils/missiles and great zoning pressure. Which for me is fine since I'm a zoning player, I don't like relying on resets, partials, frame traps etc I just like keeping people far from me. As much as I hate to admit it, I think someone on day one and definitely week one will find resets up the ass with Cyrax and/or Smoke. If something is broken or too OP I just hope NRS patches that shit this time. I'm just not sure who will be better between Cyrax or Smoke at this point, if it wasn't for Cyrax's air bombs I'd definitely say Smoke but after watching the potential and crazy combos on such little time from Mustard's performance during the stream I don't know....to be fair to Smoke, we haven't seen what he can do which is arguably just as scary.

I think Alien will be better then a lot of people initially expected(myself included) xenomorph seems fast, fast characters are always dangerous up close especially.

Then I see Bo being competitive in the right hands, then lastly LF. I don't see LF being used that much outside of the smaller horror fanbase who plays MK games. He's no freddy or jason so I think he'll be the jason of KP2 meaning the least used. My prediction.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
This is what I think. Its ordered in the tiers too

Top Tier (S+/S)
Robot Smoke (he's going to be the batgirl of MKX, quote me on this if you want)

High TIer (S-/A+)
Alien (probably 2 of her variations, queen [traps] will be the best imo)

Mid-High Tier (A+/A)
Sektor
Cyrax (I think he's gonna have trouble opening people up and getting zoned out. EX teleport will turn out to not be as valuable as people think it is, his setups will be crazy, but keep in mind that Spec Ops Cassie has the same things with probably faster normals and she isn't at the top)

Mid Tier (A/A-)
Bo Rai Cho

Low Tier (As bad as Jason)
Leatherface (probably reactable low/overhead city with slow startup. Slasher Jason v2)
Cyber Subzero (not as much work put into him as the other bots and I think he'll just end up being a lost cause overall)

Kokoko

Somehow
Top:
Cyrax
Sektor
Alien

Mid:
Smoke
Cyber Sub

Low:
Bo
Leatherface

And yes, I'll play Bo and Leatherface. Buff my boys :DOGE

FinalBoss_FGC

This is what I think. Its ordered in the tiers too

Top Tier (S+/S)
Robot Smoke (he's going to be the batgirl of MKX, quote me on this if you want)

High TIer (S-/A+)
Alien (probably 2 of her variations, queen [traps] will be the best imo)

Mid-High Tier (A+/A)
Sektor
Cyrax (I think he's gonna have trouble opening people up and getting zoned out. EX teleport will turn out to not be as valuable as people think it is, his setups will be crazy, but keep in mind that Spec Ops Cassie has the same things with probably faster normals and she isn't at the top)

Mid Tier (A/A-)
Bo Rai Cho

Low Tier (As bad as Jason)
Leatherface (probably reactable low/overhead city with slow startup. Slasher Jason v2)
Cyber Subzero (not as much work put into him as the other bots and I think he'll just end up being a lost cause overall)
Cyrax will be almost Demo Sonya with a net.

You don't need the tele lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Top tier:
Leatherface, no one wanted him but you better believe you'll get him.

High tier:
Probably some other mooks, who cares

Low tier:
They learned from Lobo so I doubt any of them will be.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Leatherface is gonna be top tier.

Remember how everyone was acting when Aquaman was announced? How he is a shit tier hero and whatnot? Look what happened..

The same will happen with leatherface. NRS knows NO ONE wants him so they have no choice but to make us eat those words like they did with aqua.