What's new

TOP 5 (after patch)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Not really tbh because hit confirming f22 is a huge part of his game. You can't really hit confirm just f2.
I suppose but it’s zero on block which is nice. I’m trying to play him too much like MKX Sub, I have to forget everything I knew about him if I wanna be good with Sub again.

Is there any legit MU chart for Sub? I want to see it to know why he’s this good, so little info is out on this character. However, I think his worst MU was Batman and the trait nerf will make his life easier.

Tweedy

Noob
I suppose but it’s zero on block which is nice. I’m trying to play him too much like MKX Sub, I have to forget everything I knew about him if I wanna be good with Sub again.

Is there any legit MU chart for Sub? I want to see it to know why he’s this good, so little info is out on this character. However, I think his worst MU was Batman and the trait nerf will make his life easier.
Yeah I noticed they changed f2 from -3 or whatever to 0 on this game. It's definitely good to use as a stagger here and there.

MysTiiK_V

"For Mother Nature"
Supergirl/Catwoman
Black Adam
Dr. Fate/Firestorm
Red hood/Flash
Green Arrow/Beetle
Sub zero/Manta

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Okay i'm about to ramble about seb of da 0.

Basically anything he does can be hit confirmed into 40%, if you block then he'll have a mind game of mb burst, regular burst, or clone. It's impossible to react and punish clone on this game since burst is good enough to use frequently. Clone is also 8 frames so there's that.

For awhile Sub was this honest boy. Buffalo was winning but he was winning by winning neutral with clone and ice ball, and broke jump ins, good mids, etc. Recently Raptor found a true mix up off of mb command grab, using jump 2 or jump 3. It's essentially level 3 trait Firestorm stuff, on a character that is never unsafe and has considerably better neutral than Firestorm. He can also get this started off of his f3, which would probably be the best f3 in the game if Cheetah didn't exist.

Sub's only possible weaknesses imo are lack of real mix ups and anti airs. As I explained above, the first weakness no longer exists. The 2nd one is whatever since he has an 8 frame clone with almost no cool down.

People say "oh well X and Y string is unsafe", but why would Sub need to use anything outside of the standing 1 strings or f22? Imagine if I said Superman is bad because of a string that isn't f23. Like all he needs is f23.

What am I missing here? Great mid that can be hit confirmed into 40%, block confirmed into safety or plus frames. Super duper pooper broke jump in. Top 5 damage. 8 frame clone, giving him corner lockdown in a lot of match ups, and also one of the best counterpoking tools in the game. Also air clone is ridiculously good at baiting trip guards.

Top 5 wake up free as fuck. When people think of slide, they think, oh well it's not Possessed Kenshi, or Mystic Ermac. Where are they in this game? A fast, fully invincible low, for no meter? That's cheap asf in this game.

MB ice ball makes zoning risky for a decent amount of characters. Slide also recovers in 15 frames on whiff, so if spaced correctly, he can use it to get in on zoning easily.

He also has little mix ups like air hammer or b11 off of jump ins. 111 or 113.

I think he's probably top 3, just behind Catwoman and Black Adam. If you don't agree with me, that's cool. All i'll say is that if you don't think he's top 10 at least, hit up Buffalo or Sweet Neptune for games.
Interesting. Even though his damage got nerfed a bit, putting him top 5 is a very interesting outlook. I mean, I do enjoy this character alot. Maybe we should game sometime ;)

Cerbero

Always down for games.
Is a vortex really an argument for a top 5 contender tho?

I mean look at Canary. She is FULL of vortexes, yet she’s not even in a top 10 discussion.

I never thought sub was trash but top 5? I need to see it. I feel people like ivy and WoWo hurt him bad
Idk the MU so I can’t say for sure, ask Tweedy.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
My Top 5
Supergirl - has everything
Catwoman - has everything except a full screen presence, but can get in easy and her worst MU got nerfed
Adam - Has everything, except a wake up (kind of, it can get the job done)
Red hood - has everything, just not as strong as supergirl
Fate - this character when played at his max potential is terrifying, his worst mu got nerfed. Ahnks boys.

Characters to watch for
Blue beetle - has everything just not as strong as the top 5
Wonder woman - Best defense character, hits like a truck, but does has issues against some zoning
Firestorm - for obvious reasons
Green Arrow - super solid, been top 10

Batman is still top 10 imo

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Is a vortex really an argument for a top 5 contender tho?

I mean look at Canary. She is FULL of vortexes, yet she’s not even in a top 10 discussion.

I never thought sub was trash but top 5? I need to see it. I feel people like ivy and WoWo hurt him bad
Ivy does sound pretty disgusting vs Sub. Her shitty anti airs and how good he’d do in the corner are what saves it but she has to beat his ass in the neutral.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Ivy does sound pretty disgusting vs Sub. Her shitty anti airs and how good he’d do in the corner are what saves it but she has to beat his ass in the neutral.
He doesn’t even do that great in the corner against her surprisingly lol.

Remember GM vs D’Vorah in the corner? Yea. Same thing, just not as insane. Her normals and Datura say fuck a klone.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He doesn’t even do that great in the corner against her surprisingly lol.

Remember GM vs D’Vorah in the corner? Yea. Same thing, just not as insane. Her normals and Datura say fuck a klone.
Sub has a really legit corner game even without clone though.

And yeah fuck D’Vorah, her meterless wakeup would beat all his options post F12 knockdown :mad:

xKhaoTik

Sub has a really legit corner game even without clone though.

And yeah fuck D’Vorah, her meterless wakeup would beat all his options post F12 knockdown :mad:
Yea sub has to get her in the corner and stay on top of her. I was just saying that he can’t rely on klone in the corner against her like he can against some

But her neutral shits on his and she wins pretty much anywhere outside of her back to the corner

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yea sub has to get her in the corner and stay on top of her. I was just saying that he can’t rely on klone in the corner against her like he can against some

But her neutral shits on his and she wins pretty much anywhere outside of her back to the corner
Ivy’s zoning is the type that’s really effective on Sub because he can’t really get zoned by projectiles due to slide and clone taking a hit MB iceball absorbs projectiles if he reads one he can get a combo. The drills allow for neither the clone or MB iceball to help Sub.

xKhaoTik

Ivy’s zoning is the type that’s really effective on Sub because he can’t really get zoned by projectiles due to slide and clone taking a hit MB iceball absorbs projectiles if he reads one he can get a combo. The drills allow for neither the clone or MB iceball to help Sub.
Yes.

She can’t go drill happy tho due to slide, but obviously she can bait and punish, like Aqua’s FTD and WoWo’s Shield Toss. Even a whiffed slide gets punished by b2

xKhaoTik

Blue beetle is hella slept on.

What tool doesn’t he have? He has everything:

- great footsies
- great wakeup
- good damage
- good mixups
- good pressure (with float cancels and mb bf2)
- great mobility
- great anti-air
- great air-air

Honestly, what is he missing?
Raid so I can kill that bug

Cerbero

Always down for games.
My Top 5
Catwoman - has everything except a full screen presence, but can get in easy and her worst MU got nerfed
Adam - Has everything, except a wake up (kind of, it can get the job done)
Fate - this character when played at his max potential is terrifying, his worst mu got nerfed. Ahnks boys.

Characters to watch for
Wonder woman - Best defense character, hits like a truck, but does has issues against some zoning

Adam also has short and slow backdash & is missing strong mids.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
No order:
Catwoman
Supergirl
Red Hood
Black Adam
Dr. Fate

I think Wonder Woman is slept on hard. She’s actually better now with some of characters changing. Even then, I didn’t think she was terrible before but she had her work cut out for her since people got the lifelead & then pushed her away most of the time. Personally feel like she’s top 10 or right outside of it, granted her usage of trait is suspect.

Batman is still good, but people like to trip over patch changes. Still in my top 10

Last edited:
My Top 5
Adam - Has everything, except a wake up (kind of, it can get the job done), shitty backdash and no mids.

Characters to watch for

Fixed Adam for ya. ;)