What's new

Top 10 and Bottom 5

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Representation has nothing to do with strength. Raiden is still a very good character in the current build. He straight up beats upgraded jacqui and 5-5s Cetrion. The only 2 characters that can really give him trouble are Geras and Fujin.
Yeah well Raiden still has his flaws. He's good but not extremely good

Wigy

There it is...
Didnt realise everyone had frost so low. Thought she was skirting above the bottom 5 but not in it...

I can see it now i think about it
I love to play her but her buttons are so jank theres big problems with just about every string her damage output is shit and her gameplan is hard to enforce and when she cant do that she gets shut down.

Ace255

Noob
Because people will lose to 50/50 and call the character broke. Sub is definitely not top 5 and arguably not even top 10
Do you think sub zero needed buffs? I've heard some people say they thought he needed some buffs. I think his neutral is kind of strange and some of his normals are a little stubby like his pokes and b3 has ok/decent range but idk. He would've needed nerfs too if he got buffs. But as I've played him more i see he does live and die by the mix. That's the most rewarding way to play him, that's how he gets damage otherwise throws and chip/string into creeping ice is low damage. Strangely Scorpion has gotten more wins in tournament than sub from what I recall.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Didnt realise everyone had frost so low. Thought she was skirting above the bottom 5 but not in it...

I can see it now i think about it
I love to play her but her buttons are so jank theres big problems with just about every string her damage output is shit and her gameplan is hard to enforce and when she cant do that she gets shut down.
I main Frost and while she definitely isn’t top tier saying she is bottom 5 makes her sound a lot worse than she actually is. Bottom 5 in this game isn’t as bad as it is in other games where at that level the character is probably incomplete and borderline unplayable.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I main Frost and while she definitely isn’t top tier saying she is bottom 5 makes her sound a lot worse than she actually is. Bottom 5 in this game isn’t as bad as it is in other games where at that level the character is probably incomplete and borderline unplayable.
I think this is a key aspect to MK11 that some don't understand. There's always going to be tier divisions / power level disparity in a cast of fighting game characters (not to mention the nuance of specific matchups), but MK11 is in a pretty damn good state in this final patch. I have my gripes like everyone else, yet I can pretty confidently say that every character is at least in a tournament viable state. We've see a Rambo (widely regarded "shit" tier character) of all characters win a tournament against a Jacqui (widely regarded as top 5 if not top 3) of all characters. The same definitely can't be said of a vast majority of fighting games throughout the years. While there's a clear argument to pick certain characters over the lower tier ones in MK11, it's at least not in the same vein of other fighting games where the top tiers entirely invalidate the entire existence of the lower tier characters.

Wigy

There it is...
While i agree with this. Id add that when all the characters are watered down and super lame like in mk11. The small power differences are amplified.

Currently characters like kabal do the same thing better and are much better in other departments.

I would have liked her b22 to be gapless, with better backward movement so that should shine where she was obviously intended to. Also lordy her s1 has needed a hitbox buff since day 1.

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I dont play the game much, and the only character I ever liked was Robocop, but I cant see anyway he's bottom 5...

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I dont play the game much, and the only character I ever liked was Robocop, but I cant see anyway he's bottom 5...
He's definitely not. This thread is pretty old and people were still treating Robo like he hadn't gotten buffs. He's very solid right now.

Here's a recent matchup chart from Sooneo, that makes him look pretty mid to upper mid tier.

BlissfulMedusa

Modern Woefare
Is Mileena pretty widely considered bottom 5 now? I remember when a certain top player called out her community numerous times for saying she wasn’t very good.

Is Mileena pretty widely considered bottom 5 now? I remember when a certain top player called out her community numerous times for saying she wasn’t very good.
She is indeed bottom five in this game, but as others have posted, that's no where near as drastic as previous games.

In no order, top five is the usual suspects:

Cetrion
Joker
Jaqui
Lui kang
Fujin

and I think Geras and Kabal are just outside top five, with maybe geras just a tiny bit ahead.

I think no bottom five list is complete without Rain. You can open up your opponent the entire match and make all the right reads but one or maaaaybe two touches and boom they catch up in health. The fact that DJT plays so phenomenally well with Rain is a testament to his skill, not the character. Whenever I see people uplay rain I always feel like everything they say applies to mileena more. I don’t use mileena so I’m kinda talking out of my ass here, but that’s how I feel.

Also, nobody has any idea tier: terminator. Lol

ZBirdV8

Flocker
Top 10:
  1. Jacqui (Let's let the best pressure character in the game in for free.)
  2. Cetrion (The only character in this game with a full kit)
  3. Joker (Dumbest buttons into huge combos ever)
  4. Liu Kang (Can be played by a 2 year old, and pretty much gets a guaranteed round because KBs are fucking absurd.)
  5. Geras (For people who struggle to main Liu Kang)
  6. Sub-Zero Online (Reduce the entire game system down to 50/50 guessing hoo-ray!)
Worth noting that there is a big gap here. The above characters are dumb as fuck. The following are just strong.

1. Kabal (Zoning, Counter Zoning, Stupid Air game, Safe on all Strings)
  2. Fujin (Stupidly strong but requires a lot of execution relatively)
  3. Johnny Cage (Honest, but very very good.)
  4. Spawn (kills people in 2-3 touches)
Bottom 5:
  1. Skarlet (Requires precise positioning, has slow mids, and some characters just ignore everything she does)
  2. Baraka (He's actually still decent but his bad MUs are REALLY BAD)
  3. Shao Kahn (Let's take our best boss character, make him playable, and make him absolutely shit)
  4. Rambo (To be honest I almost never see him, but when I do it's not hard, and I'm told he's bad)
  5. Rob Cop (Probably all the same problems Skarlet has, NRS cannot design a zoning character worth a fuck.)

MuMuGuy

Noob
No Bottom 5 list is complete without Sonya. Her, Rambo, and Mileena should have on clown makeup, they’re that awful.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Top 10:
  4. Liu Kang (Can be played by a 2 year old, and pretty much gets a guaranteed round because KBs are fucking absurd.)
  6. Sub-Zero Online (Reduce the entire game system down to 50/50 guessing hoo-ray!)
Worth noting that there is a big gap here. The above characters are dumb as fuck. The following are just strong.

Bottom 5:
  1. Skarlet (Requires precise positioning, has slow mids, and some characters just ignore everything she does)
  3. Shao Kahn (Let's take our best boss character, make him playable, and make him absolutely shit)
  4. Rambo (To be honest I almost never see him, but when I do it's not hard, and I'm told he's bad)
  5. Rob Cop (Probably all the same problems Skarlet has, NRS cannot design a zoning character worth a fuck.)
Shao kahn Bottom 5???? That character is top 10.

MuMuGuy

Noob
Sonya really? :eek:
Yep, Sonya is a joke character in MK11

• 950 HP
  • Dearth of good mids and lows
  • Stubby normals
  • Helpless without Offensive Meter
  • Easily zoned
  • Her zoning is a joke in many MUs
  • Whiffing issues galore
  • Bunch o’ gaps
  • Can barely combo without KBs or an unsafe HOM string
  • Armor Breaker is bad

Last edited:

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Top 10:

Bottom 5:
This is probably the worst list I’ve seen in a while.
Geras and Spawn are definitely not top 10 and saying that Shao Kahn and Robocop are bottom 5 means you probably haven’t updated your game in the last 2 patches

ZBirdV8

Flocker
Geras and Spawn are definitely not top 10 and saying that Shao Kahn and Robocop are bottom 5 means you probably haven’t updated your game in the last 2 patches
My bad man, I thought this was my own opinion.

Wigy

There it is...
Geras is most definitely top 10. Spawn is a bit more of a tossup but could well be.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Geras is most definitely top 10. Spawn is a bit more of a tossup but could well be.
Geras is a huuuuge maybe honestly.
Jacqui, Cetrion, Liu, Joker, Fujin, Kabal, Kano and Kotal are all better than him, and then you have Jade, Shang, Johnny, Noob and Sub who all of them could be argued to finish that 9th and 10th spot.
I have a hard time seeing him in top 10 ngl