What's new

Tom Brady's and REO's Early Injustice: GAU Tier List

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
No one ever said that some of these characters do not have solid projectiles. They do, but that does not make them zoning characters. Sonya has a safer projectile recovery than Freddy, yet she is not a zoning character. Black Adam's and Nightwing's tools in particular revolve around anti-zoning.

But who the hell zones with Batman and Nightwing unless they fight Grundy? Do not make me tag REO in here so he gets a good laugh from your post. Superman is the only character from your list that zones well, but he is arguably the most versatile character in the game and I never doubted his abilities.
First off what Reo thinks is not of my concern, I don't post on forums thinking "oh god I hope Reo approves this cause if he doesn't and I'm not worthy of his approval my day will suffer.

FYI NW zones half the cast including top tiers

Batman w life lead and in neutral situations can zone many

Black Adam forces the opponent to come to him cause of his zoning tools and they're strong enough to be used as zoning tools or counter zoning

I don't understand why u keep referencing mk9, Mk had nothing to do injustice neither does AE or MVC

Pig Of The Hut

m2dave

I'm also excited to watch you dominate doomsday (whose all gimmicks) and ares (whose bad) at UFGT

That'll be a fun eduction and ill be front and center

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
MK had the following viable characters after 2.5 years of play

Kabal
Kenshi
Lao
Cyrax
Sonya
Cage
Kit
Jax
Mileena
Skarlet
Freddy

So no its about the same
You forgot about Sub-Zero and Sektor, people have placed top 8 with those characters multiple times and actually won tournaments with those characters. Liu Kang placed top 8 at EVO, and placed top 8 at many tournaments. That's not tournament viable? Chris g and MIT made Reptile viable.

MK9 actually had alot of viable characters, I always hated when people said that MK9 is "only a 5 character game." Bullshit

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No bodied was really doing anything s tier impressive with cyborg.. Just jump back fireball and ground fireball sometimes missiles..
It's quite easy to say this when you're just watching a stream and not actually playing.

Btw, Alioune is actually familiar with a lot of Cyborg's stuff, as I have played him in the past. Not just the projectile game, but his corner traps and shit.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
First off what Reo thinks is not of my concern, I don't post on forums thinking "oh god I hope Reo approves this cause if he doesn't and I'm not worthy of his approval my day will suffer.

FYI NW zones half the cast including top tiers

Batman w life lead and in neutral situations can zone many

Black Adam forces the opponent to come to him cause of his zoning tools and they're strong enough to be used as zoning tools or counter zoning

I don't understand why u keep referencing mk9, Mk had nothing to do injustice neither does AE or MVC
Yeah. Let us ignore what the best Batman player has to say about Batman.

Lots of characters in this game have the ability to approach you from the air (i.e., Black Adam, Cyborg, Hawkgirl, Killer Frost, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.). Good luck zoning with Nightwing.

Anyone can zone almost anyone with a life lead. Grundy (with shield character power) can zone and out-turtle Deathstroke with a life lead.

Black Adam is more of an anti-zoning character than a zoning character.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You forgot about Sub-Zero and Sektor, people have placed top 8 with those characters multiple times and actually won tournaments with those characters. Liu Kang placed top 8 at EVO, and placed top 8 at many tournaments. That's not tournament viable? Chris g and MIT made Reptile viable.

MK9 actually had alot of viable characters, I always hated when people said that MK9 is "only a 5 character game." Bullshit
Kabal and Kenshi own Liu Kang, Sektor, and Sub Zero. Remember Pig versus MIT at Evolution last year?

Pig Of The Hut

m2dave
Everyone u listed but frost is true

As for reo's comments on batman? Sure I'm all ears but again to reiterate what I said that you misread is I 10 mins ago is I don't care for his or anyone's approval when I post. I don't work/live that way

Pig Of The Hut

Kabal and Kenshi own Liu Kang, Sektor, and Sub Zero. Remember Pig versus MIT at Evolution last year?
Xblades not MIT

And ATL redd not having played in months w Lou kang was at harder cause xblades had not damn clue about that MU then. It's very bad for kang but not as bad as I made it look at Evo

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
m2dave
Everyone u listed but frost is true

As for reo's comments on batman? Sure I'm all ears but again to reiterate what I said that you misread is I 10 mins ago is I don't care for his or anyone's approval when I post. I don't work/live that way
The way real men live.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
lol true. Forgot about him. He would need a nerf too. Than the bottom 10 characters would all need super buffs. What if NRS actually did this for us before EVO, that would be pretty tight
I would be cool with that since all of the characters I play are not those characters :p. Plus I don't even know how you would nerf Cyrax at this point since it would probably completely change the way people play with him lol.

I still do not understand why NRS didn't know that an unblockable bomb that launches a character to the top of the screen is NOT a good idea.................................................................................................................

Edit: FOREVER KING

We are pretty off-topic let's keep chugging on the Injustice swag

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I would be cool with that since all of the characters I play are not those characters :p. Plus I don't even know how you would nerf Cyrax at this point since it would probably completely change the way people play with him lol.

I still do not understand why NRS didn't know that an unblockable bomb that launches a character to the top of the screen is NOT a good idea.................................................................................................................

Edit: FOREVER KING

We are pretty off-topic let's keep chugging on the Injustice swag
Hey, M2dave and Pigofthehut started it lol

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate

Shang-Sung too man. Detroit, Wounded, Astronout all got top8s, GF, or wins with him.
Rain isn't that bad either but I never met anyone other than Smargasm or Aquaman who was decent with him.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Cyborg S+ Tier becasue of "Block Infinite combo"? WTF is that cop-out? lol
Give me a real answer that shows you thought about his tools.
You basically dismissed him to S+ tier because ' IANB is so broke' a perfect player will never lose. I think that is just wrong and lazy

Some of Cyborgs best strengths are not even his IANB zoning. It is the threat of his zoning that lets him get free grapplehook cross-ups. He can grapple all over the place, and is especially dangerous in the corner.

--- A good zoner is not just about the speed and height of projectiles... it is about damage potential, safety, and set-up potential. Having good reads and good execution also affect zoning play in FG, but more so in the player theory rather than character theory. Both Sinestro and DS...and even superman, have more zoning options than Cyborg. Cyborgs IANB are shut completely down by many characters that very easy to use and simple tools (IE jokers handgun makes it difficult)

That being said. I think lots of characters 'dirt' are much better than Cyborg. He has lot's of very good match-ups in his favor. Definitely a few 7-3 and 8-2. But there are a ton of characters that go even with him or have advantage. I don't think anyone goes better than 6-4 against him.
Cyborg is good and super viable...but this 'S+ cuz he isz broke' has to stop.It is not so broken that no one couldn't adapt. Zoning in this game gets shut down, I do not think people realize that yet. Cyborg get counter and I dont think people realize that yet. His IAFB infinite will not win him shit... his grapple hook set-ups into real damage will though.

I really hope they nerf his dumb and predictable IA fireball, not because it is broken, but so people can see the way he was actually designed to be played...

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Cyborg S+ Tier becasue of "Block Infinite combo"? WTF is that cop-out? lol
Give me a real answer that shows you thought about his tools.
You basically dismissed him to S+ tier because ' IANB is so broke' a perfect player will never lose. I think that is just wrong and lazy

....Stuff+things...

I really hope they nerf his dumb and predictable IA fireball, not because it is broken, but so people can see the way he was actually designed to be played...

To add to this: Don't tell him I said this, but I'd say Jailhouse is an example of a player utilizing the tools of Cyborg outside his infinite. I mean, I've seen him on occasion even ask for footage of said infinite, pretty much signaling that not only does he not implement it in his playstyle, but he may not have even known how to. Dunno bout now though. Without his infinite, I would say Cyborg in the hands of a good player may not be S+ but is probably higher up there than many would give credit for. He definitely seems dismissed in the list, though. Disappointingly, I was expecting to hear from Reo and Tom delve into his character outside the infinite.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It's funny, I use A tiers lol according to this list anyway. Hawkgirl, Raven and Flash. Occasionally DD.