What's new

Tom Brady Asks, "Can we please hit the reset button?"

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
The moderators alone do not have the ability to fully control everywhere on the forum at all times. We have lives to and cannot be on the site 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We do the best we can but the members outnumber the staff by a huge ratio, and when the community decides to go on a community wide trolling spree we simply cannot keep up. And 99% of the people who are now pleading with us to clamp down on this forum and eliminate all the trolling will be the first to scream that we are tyrants and nazis the moment we do so, or when it is they who are sanctioned.
Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it to. It is the entire communities responsibility to shape itself up, not just the staff. As I said we do the best we can, but the community itself will always determine its own fate. We are not your parents and you are not children. Grow up and take accountability for yourselves. If the community wants to be known as a joke there is little the staff can do by itself to stop that perception. If the community wants to get its act together that is up to the whole community to make happen.
The site will be what you guys make it. So choose to make it good and it will be good.
your nazi red burns my pupils

Glass Sword

Nobody
Man I could not quit this game if I wanted to. I actually enjoy playing unlike other games I have played like Halo which stressed me out and got me no were and League of Legends which made me rage. I have already stated my piece about Kabal and you can find it in the Kabal crybaby thread. There is no reason for me to say anything more. Honestly I don't look at the forums enough to gauge how bad the trolling has been. Hopefully it will get better.

BellaBelle00

Castrator
The moderators alone do not have the ability to fully control everywhere on the forum at all times. We have lives to and cannot be on the site 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We do the best we can but the members outnumber the staff by a huge ratio, and when the community decides to go on a community wide trolling spree we simply cannot keep up. And 99% of the people who are now pleading with us to clamp down on this forum and eliminate all the trolling will be the first to scream that we are tyrants and nazis the moment we do so, or when it is they who are sanctioned.
Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it to. It is the entire communities responsibility to shape itself up, not just the staff. As I said we do the best we can, but the community itself will always determine its own fate. We are not your parents and you are not children. Grow up and take accountability for yourselves. If the community wants to be known as a joke there is little the staff can do by itself to stop that perception. If the community wants to get its act together that is up to the whole community to make happen.
The site will be what you guys make it. So choose to make it good and it will be good.

eh man... I gotcha. I log on, say a thing or two and keep it moving.

But if what you say is true, this "community" is going downhill and quickly

Dark_Rob

Noob
your nazi red burns my pupils
Thats my srs buisness color. I do not use it all the time.

eh man... I gotcha. I log on, say a thing or two and keep it moving.

But if what you say is true, this "community" is going downhill and quickly
My post wasnt directed at you Bella. It was directed at the whole community. I only quoted your post because you made mention of it.
As for the community going downhill. I dont really believe it will, but as I said, its up to the community to determine which direction it heads from here. Hopefully its a good one.

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
Definitely this! ... how are you all going to say, "trolling is bad mmmmkay" and then post REOs troll threads on the front page like they are legit. smh
I think stuff that Somberness and I (shameless self-promotion) and others should be front paged more often. I mean every time Somberness puts up frame data it should be front paged rather than just stickied. I've put up exact health levels with pictures to make knowledge of your enemy's health less of a guess, and I think it's pretty important. Maybe I'm just being a whiny bitch because I don't feel I get the recognition I deserve, but to post troll threads on the front page is just salt in the wound. Just my two cents.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think stuff that Somberness and I (shameless self-promotion) and others should be front paged more often. I mean every time Somberness puts up frame data it should be front paged rather than just stickied. I've put up exact health levels with pictures to make knowledge of your enemy's health less of a guess, and I think it's pretty important. Maybe I'm just being a whiny bitch because I don't feel I get the recognition I deserve, but to post troll threads on the front page is just salt in the wound. Just my two cents.
You certainly do get recognition. The moderators have noticed. :)

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
lol leave cyrax alone...he's had to go through a lot of treatment and therapy to cope with all the hate, he's fragile at the moment so don't even joke about it!

I agree man.

Foxy just posted a how to defeat kabals ndc pressure...no front page. Reo acting like a spoiled, whiney middle schooler, front paged. Wtf.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I agree, the frame data and information of that kind is what needs to be brought to people's attention.

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
I'm going to say this, I'm not shitting on REO, it just happens that his stuff gets front paged and I'm salty. It's not REO's fault that his troll shit gets front paged.

Somberness

Lights
The light trolling and stuff like buff threads is whatever, it can be done in jest. It's the lack of respect that should be frowned upon.

I don't want to be on the front page so it's all good. ;)

I'm going to say this, I'm not shitting on REO, it just happens that his stuff gets front paged and I'm salty. It's not REO's fault that his troll shit gets front paged.
No, your right. It isn't his fault.

Things that move the game and scene foreward should be front paged. Not dividing, hateful, condescending, spiteful stuff.

Also, despite my general dislike of reos attitude, he has contributed with how to videos a number of times.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
This is what separates this community from other more serious ones. But compared to the Reach forums, Shoryu and Bioware forums you people are angels.

Overall Storms does an awesome job, and i mean an awesome job. But yeah we need more of what qweeler is saying.

Also, you can't expect what seems to be immature people, to act serious over the internet bro. lol

MaceWind

Crazy 88
"The moderators alone do not have the ability to fully control everywhere on the forum at all times. We have lives to and cannot be on the site 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We do the best we can but the members outnumber the staff by a huge ratio, and when the community decides to go on a community wide trolling spree we simply cannot keep up. And 99% of the people who are now pleading with us to clamp down on this forum and eliminate all the trolling will be the first to scream that we are tyrants and nazis the moment we do so, or when it is they who are sanctioned.
The site will be what you guys make it. So choose to make it good and it will be good."
~Someone said this...word!​

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
>Everyone in the cast proceeds to be nerfed/buffed except Kabal who is left the hell alone.
>Winds up in a tier of his own, no long truly has a character to contend with due to NRS' crackpot team to address seriously important issues such as Kano's ability to up ball AND throw a knife on their deplorable netcode resulting in online warriors flooding their twitter with pure idiocy
>Starts to address the real problems, like the infinites.
>Adds armor to everything, except a few select characters.
>Still more shit to fix but hey, WB won't allow it because they ran out of free patches.

Does this sum it up? I think so. Where's UMK9? I'll pay for it. My problem is that CLEARLY NRS wasn't done with their balancing, they were going the right direction, I do agree there...but it was all such hasty decision making and poor judgement ultimately in the beginning. Maybe they'll actually hire testers for more than 4 days next time, we'll see. That'd be nice. I'm not trying to bitch about it, it's already been said, everyone's complained about this shit in regards to NRS' wonkiness including the pro players that it's just beating a dead horse at this point. It was their first effort at an actual competitive fighting game - MK1, MK2 and UMK3 were all alright but c'mon guys...those 3D games were awful. Can we not speak of those, please? I just hope NRS gets their shit together next time, at this point I've just made peace with it, what more can ya do?

There's going to be another MK in the immediate future since people who're looking to play the game even in a casually competitive manner outside of going into the trainer and attempting fatalities for the 1,000th time are the minority, let's face it. It's the damn truth. So all we can do is hope, pray to the elder gods perhaps, that WB/NRS will give the testers a month AT LEAST to actually test the next game and not subject everyone to a year of nerfs, buffs, meta game changes and etc. Hopefully the majority of MK9 NOW will be used as a foundation for UMK9/MK10 with some shit fixed obviously.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This whole trolling REO and Brady and other people that do good at majors just doesnt make sense to me.

When everybody starts off the same at every tournament at 0-0 and wins there way to finals, why would you Troll someone.

They are in finals because they did better than you on that particular day, doesn't mean that they are better than you or worse than you.

Also another thing tournaments give you money for winning. What gives you the best chance to win, maybe using the best character in the game. So hating on someone because they want to have the best chance to win tournaments doesn't make sense.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I cant speak that intelligently about what goes on the front page because, in truth I never front page stuff because Im not really that good at making stuff look pretty lol.
What I will say is that REO has been a long standing member of the community for many years and over the years he has contributed vast tomes of information to the community. Yes he trolls occasionally, but his sense of humor can also be kind of subtle and perhaps the people that do handle the front page dont always realize hes joking.(Ive known him personally for 3 years and sometimes I dont even know for sure when hes serious or not.)
I do know this though. STORMS is always watching. If there is a problem with the way things are being done on the front page he will be on top of it.
Also the front page is not always our only way of showing recognition to our members. As an example Somberness is one of the best contributors on the forum. His character frame data is invaluable, and this along with his dedication to helping the community is a big part of why we invited him to join the staff. And hes done a superb job since joining us.

This whole trolling REO and Brady and other people that do good at majors just doesnt make sense to me.

When everybody starts off the same at every tournament at 0-0 and wins there way to finals, why would you Troll someone.

They are in finals because they did better than you on that particular day, doesn't mean that they are better than you or worse than you.

Also another thing tournaments give you money for winning. What gives you the best chance to win, maybe using the best character in the game. So hating on someone because they want to have the best chance to win tournaments doesn't make sense.
This is partially true.

The majority of ppl at tournaments do not expect to win. They expect to go compete, and have fun. If the fun is taken out then they will stop dropping 50$ to get bodied by the upper 10% of players.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
>Everyone in the cast proceeds to be nerfed/buffed except Kabal who is left the hell alone.
>Winds up in a tier of his own, no long truly has a character to contend with due to NRS' crackpot team to address seriously important issues such as Kano's ability to up ball AND throw a knife on their deplorable netcode resulting in online warriors flooding their twitter with pure idiocy
>Starts to address the real problems, like the infinites.
>Adds armor to everything, except a few select characters.
>Still more shit to fix but hey, WB won't allow it because they ran out of free patches.

Does this sum it up? I think so. Where's UMK9? I'll pay for it. My problem is that CLEARLY NRS wasn't done with their balancing, they were going the right direction, I do agree there...but it was all such hasty decision making and poor judgement ultimately in the beginning. Maybe they'll actually hire testers for more than 4 days next time, we'll see. That'd be nice.
You can hire balance testers for a year...won't mean shit until the game gets out to the masses. That's when the game really opens up.

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
As an example Somberness is one of the best contributors on the forum. His character frame data is invaluable, and this along with his dedication to helping the community is a big part of why we invited him to join the staff. And hes done a superb job since joining us.
The reason Somberness' stuff should be front paged is although his threads have 1000s of views I still get "I didn't know it was that fast" or "I didn't know it was that punishable?" and the exposure from the front page will help clear up some of this ignorance. Knowledge is power and the front page is one of the keys.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
You can hire balance testers for a year...won't mean shit until the game gets out to the masses. That's when the game really opens up.
The infinites certainly would've been found, a lot of the dumb stuff would've been found. NRS also should've really chosen to use those free patches wisely and consulted with people who played the game competitively as opposed to just wasting them. I'll probably pull up the old patch notes and look at that stuff again but I remember a lot of stuff being just absolute wastes of resources and was later returned to the prior state - I know Quan was one of them but I can't recall what exactly was effected. It is what it is, we can't change it at this state, and I highly doubt that NRS is going to release a new patch before EVO/period.

Espio

Kokomo
Thank you for this Tom...I was actually getting kind of annoyed posting here the past couple weeks...too much drama, trolling and immaturity. It really sucked having everyone on edge constantly and all the status updates about Kabal.

I'm ready to take on Kabal with Stryker and Jade, let's be competitors and put in work, it's time to put this negativeity to bed.

I have too much fun with this game and don't stress about tier lists, it really helps to just play and enjoy yourself, even at tournaments.

I love you all as a community, hugs and kisses now let's get it!

Enenra

Go to hell.
The reason Somberness' stuff should be front paged is although his threads have 1000s of views I still get "I didn't know it was that fast" or "I didn't know it was that punishable?" and the exposure from the front page will help clear up some of this ignorance. Knowledge is power and the front page is one of the keys.
It's aight man, anyone serious about the game is appreciative of what you do. But to say it formally, thank you. It has helped me. The mods, the top players, and the dedicated forums goers saw your stuff. That right there is above and beyond anything most people have ever contributed, and that alone would make me happy at least :)