What's new

Tom Brady Asks, "Can we please hit the reset button?"

Flagg

Noob
Right. Which explains why many Japanese players abused Sagat in vanilla and Yun in AE 2011.
You mean just Mago. And like how Wong said Adon was shit tier till his rufusgot pwnd by GamerBees Adon. Like how Yun lost to Seth last Evo?

Gz166

Noob
You mean just Mago. And like how Wong said Adon was shit tier till his rufusgot pwnd by GamerBees Adon. Like how Yun lost to Seth last Evo?
That was hard to believe bro it hink Seth should of won but a win is a win and it was A perfect to

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Kabal needs patched. I am not complaining or putting down any players. I feel he is FAR too good and is sucking the community dry. It's not the complaints, its Kabal. My opinion.

There wouldn't be another single character dominating MUs across the entire board, because there isn't one, the other two best characters are Kenshi and Sonya but they do in fact have bad MUs. No character should have 6-4's and above on the entire cast, that's moronic. 10-0 on large hitbox characters as well essentially.

Kabal will kill the diversity in the game if NRS doesn't patch him. CD Jr's picking him up specifically to compete with Kabal and I don't blame him. I forsee a lot of Kabal vs Kabal in the future and as we all know Tekken 6 at EVO with Bob vs Bob killed the game. It's in the competitive players best interest to play diverse characters due to the fact that nobody wants to see Kabal vs Kabal, that in turn is going to get MK kicked off MLG pretty damn quickly with no views.

Despite the fact that everyone thinks I'm bitching about the character, ultimately I'm not, I don't travel across the country to play this game competitively but I do enjoy the fact that there's been diversity in this game. We've seen most of the cast in top 8-16 but everyone's starting to pick up Kabal to deal with Kabal since he is indeed in a tier of his own. Without people interested in the game and without people watching the streams this game will die; Kabal will cause that swift death. I'm an outsider in all of this, I'm not trying to get that paper, but for the guys who are...you should listen to this because it is indeed going to effect you. You all know how MLG operates, Esports without the fans will not get you paid. - GNG Inequity

Oh I am, greatly. I just don't know what to say to this argument anymore.
This isn't just a matter of the metagame. Great players will always find a way to win.
It's the difference between what's gonna keep this game alive after EVO and what could potentially permamently stagnate it.

It's been over a year now, and there has yet to be found a single, solid, sure-fire way to beat Kabal.
Everyone else has a weakness. Everyone.
Kenshi's big and has holes in his zoning. Jax has to corner you to really destroy you. Sonya's weak from a distance. As is Cage. Raiden's slow. Lao's too risky. Sektor can only do so much if you're blocking low without risking punishment. Skarlet's zoning isn't high in damage anymore and she's very meter-dependant. As is Quan. Etcetera.
Kabal has none of these problems. In fact, he excels in just about every department these aforementioned characters fail in.

And yet people are going to continue to claim this isn't a problem :coffee: .

This isn't old Lao where the promise of the final patch kept people on board until it was fixed, there's a pretty good chance this isn't gonna change, and apparently the "Cant beat 'em, join 'em" philosophy is the only way to deal with it. When tip of the top, best of the best players have to abandon the characters and strategies that have been getting them where they are since the start because they know there's no other way around it, that to me seems like a big deal.
The few diehard traveling regulars the scene has are gonna keep doing what they do regardless, and you can't fault them for that, but I personally am really not looking forward to the day MK becomes, as Piggy put it, Kabal Kombat.

No, I'm not a top player, and I'm never gonna be, but neither are a lot of the players and dedicated fans and followers who are worried and pissed off about this. And if I had the time or the money to do so, you better believe I'd be at every fucking show Greyhound had the bus routes to take me to, because I love this game and this scene to pieces, which is the only reason why this concerns me so much. It sucks. It plain outright sucks that after all this time, after all this work, as much progress as has been made in spite of the terrible odds for success MK was said to have had, that the Christmas Ghost Of Broken Bullshit has to come forth and haunt this game yet again. But as popular opinion implies, that's competition...I guess. Do whatever one has to do to win with the tools its makers gives you, no matter what kind of damage it can do. Don't blame the players, blame the builders.
For me, as long as Mr. Mil is still repping the women of Edenia, Slips is still slinging spears, Kizzle's still shooting missles, and there are still a few remaining warrior souls out there unwilling to abandon their weapons of choice just to more easily deal with this shit, at least there'll still be hope.
But it's gonna be a crying fuckin' shame to see such a diverse array of players, characters, matches and possibilities this game has and has given us over its progression, all widdled down to who can shoot off iAGBs and NDC's the fastest. - Lt. Box

I agree with these 100 percent.

Flagg

Noob
That was hard to believe bro it hink Seth should of won but a win is a win and it was A perfect to
If Daigo had stuck with his bread and butter main, Ryu, the match would have been much different, instead he tier whored and paid the price.

Gz166

Noob
If Daigo had stuck with his bread and butter main, Ryu, the match would have been much different, instead he tier whored and paid the price.
Yup your right if he would of stick to Ryu he would of won easy idk why he changed but it is what it is. Daigo should just stick to Ryu because i guess he knew how to use Ryu more than Yun so he would of had more of an advantage if you know what i mean?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Just Mago? Dude, several high level Japanese players switched to Yun and Yang. Daigo and Kindevu switched to Yun, Nemo and Sako switched to Yang, etc. The list goes on and on.

AE was (and still is) mostly about vortex. Seth has the best DP in the game, a command throw, and combos that dizzy quickly. Guessing correctly on wake up is like flipping a coin. He can kill you quickly but dies quickly himself if you make those correct guesses. Such a character can beat anybody in a standard tournament setting.

I am not even sure what your argument is. If you are saying that tier whoring does not work, you are wrong.

Kraiden

Step aside!
I'll agree.. I moved away from Counter-Strike to avoid what this community appears to be becoming. Counter-Strike community attitude is still 100x worse though..
I disagree.
Counter-Strike community is mostly mature players, the game came out in 2000, people who still play it are like 25+ atleast..
Ofcourse people picked it up years later also, so they are younger.
But there's more kids for example on League of Legends and WoW than on CS.

Sorry for off-topic.

As for me, I don't even care, I won't ever be high enough level of a player that tierlists have a impact on me. Anyone can beat anyone.

Tier lists only matter for the top 1 or 2% of the players as they play their characters to the full potential and make very little mistakes. So you notice how a char is better than a other one.

As for me, I don't even care, I won't ever be high enough level of a player that tierlists have a impact on me. Anyone can beat anyone.

Tier lists only matter for the top 1 or 2% of the players as they play their characters to the full potential and make very little mistakes. So you notice how a char is better than a other one.
This is exactly how I feel. I've yet to win or lose just because my character's in a good or bad matchup. It's because I'm better or worse at combos...

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
It's pretty much reserved for WNBA (read: phase 3) because they're actually good at it.
I thank you for your honesty. Phase 3 is a funny guy.
In a thread saturated with tension and controversy, I'm glad there's at least something upon which we can unanimously agree.

If everyone just spent less time complaining about Kabal and more time talking about how great I am, this community would be fixed in no time.