What's new

General/Other To the lab online warriors....

Good sinestros and supes rape me. Someone help. I can use almost everyone but I'm trying to focus on two. I main Lobo and Cyborg. And I don't want to hear that Lobo is low-Tier bullshit. You can be good with anyone. You just gotta lean those matchups. Can I get some advice?
pretty much do what i said in the first post... get to midscreen range and fricken punish everything he does dude.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
KING!!!!! Whats up dude!?!?!?! Holy shit! you still xbox only? If you got ps3 man hit me up squirtmcgirt187 !!! We need to get together and get some mcchickens!!!!
Lmao for sure. Yeah I only play on Xbox, but I do have a PSvita. You goin to UFGT?

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Lmao for sure. Yeah I only play on Xbox, but I do have a PSvita. You goin to UFGT?
Ummm I dunno funds have been kinda tight cause I am poor white trash but I need to make it to a major soon or I will die from withdrawls lol. We should get together, like me you and streets sometime for offline games!!! You goin to this shiz next thursday?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Ummm I dunno funds have been kinda tight cause I am poor white trash but I need to make it to a major soon or I will die from withdrawls lol. We should get together, like me you and streets sometime for offline games!!! You goin to this shiz next thursday?
Yup I'm going next week. I think me M2Dave MasterD THTB and Playing2win will all be there. You guys should come.

You still have my number I think so you can hmu anytime to make plans again for offline games haha

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Yeah sweet I still got it! So yeah hopefully I will see ya there. @PLAYINGTOWIN what time do you guys start and run till usually?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Man, we rape GL from full screen, but there always comes that moment when he makes his way in, and that's never fun...

I'm not a top level player, so maybe this doesn't apply, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned backdashing to cause whiffs, then punishing with b13. Most GLs I've seen (That have any idea what they're doing anyway) don't randomly throw out force lift since it's unsafe on block unless they see you do something. Once they get in that slide range I usually see the high/low mixup used a lot (Online, offline and on tournament streams, so I'm going to assume most, if not all, decent GLs use that string extensively). If you can predict the slide, you can backdash and B13.

Alternatively, standing 3 is also really good at that range and trading standing 3 with anything is very much in your favor.

I admit I find the hardest range to play against GL at though is roughly at the B13 max range, where all zoning tools get punished on reaction and all mid-range zoning tools like F2D1 get punished on reaction. At that range, dashing either forward or backwards just to get out of that zone has worked for me, although sometimes I'll eat a force lift instead, or using trait charge to bait something can work too. Sadly though, there's not really any "great" option. You could B12 as well since it's safe on block and makes distance, but keep in mind that if he ducks the 2nd hit will whiff and you'll be super punishable.

Hope some of that helped.
While I play offline (When I'm not at work on fight nights...) and have a decent scene, we're definitely not top level players and admittedly a lot of my matchup experience comes from online play as well, so I don't know how much that will apply for top level play.

EDIT: SquirtMcGirt: You spell his name right :p

LEGEND

YES!
i'm just going to run through a few of the things i do in these dead zones:

Trait cancel

Walk up 3, in gl's case after it's blocked you can backdash to safety. He can lift hit you out of the backdash but the options to do so can be read and punished so you're basically getting a guessing game after 3 is blocked. And of course if it hits you're golden

B1. Not a very good idea, but i've found that people can have a hard time punishing it since they are looking out for the completion of the string, More of an act of desperation than anything (Note that you can still tech grabs in this situation and if you block a hit you can pushblock to safety)

F213, but just like standing 3 your not always going to be close enough

Walk back. Most characters can't even come close to matching Sinestro's walk speed so they have to dash up or throw out unsafe moves in hopes of catching you

MB B3 and MB B3 cancels are also an option.
-
always having a bar of meter on hand will stop alot of these bad situations from locking you down. So don't burn all your meter on FB

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
yooooooooooooo he said your not worth his time!!!!!
Oh no I mean KOH is not worth my time

I IN NO WaY enjoy 6 man , 3 man or 5 man KOHs where if u lose once u have to wait all day to play

I'm too busy and have too little free time to do KOHs

When I have time to play I wanna be playing

I think he means he doesn't do KOTH because if he loses he doesn't want to wait in a line lol. He just wants to play
Exactly

Pig Of The Hut what is your response to my post man? interested to hear your view point....
I've never played a lantern I couldn't beat badly or go 5-5 with. Ill just post MU videos but lantern doesn't make me worry at all

So I wanna play THTB again, we've played but I'd like to play again

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig Of The Hut is keeping secrets and i don't like it
Sorry I went back to work but free now

Idk man I just always do following

Bait walk/dashes w trait
Boulder air missles
Duck rockets then shackle check
Use FB MB and adv off of it to rush or f2d1 in sweep range
D2/3 AA jump ins into combo
Boulder all interactables when they go for them
Use them myself
Dash out b13 or push block
Take advantage of that sweet jump in range where he can't AA

I've neer had to think overly hard . So far I've just played normal high level sinestro stuff

Sorry I went back to work but free now

Idk man I just always do following

Bait walk/dashes w trait
Boulder air missles
Duck rockets then shackle check
Use FB MB and adv off of it to rush or f2d1 in sweep range
D2/3 AA jump ins into combo
Boulder all interactables when they go for them
Use them myself
Dash out b13 or push block
Take advantage of that sweet jump in range where he can't AA

I've neer had to think overly hard . So far I've just played normal high level sinestro stuff
play THTB there is a range where you can literally do nothing. im more interested in what you do if they block a b13... or are you never doing it unless its a punish. GL gets ~50% with one meter off block d2, b13, et cetera.

read my post again even though its a run on sentence. everything you said i do... except shackle check after missle... i usually trait build. as far as the f2d1... donte sees the f2 and jumps in for a full punish. the dashout is not reliable. i didn't know about the no aa range so i will look at that.

dude this isn't just about GL. read my post man bc when you play really good players with the right tools, its going to be hard. lets talk more about this bc im not i am articulating myself correctly

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yea and I feel it's 5-5

U agree?
I'm starting to think close to it now. KF's advice really helped me realize exactly how impatient I still am at this game lol. There's no worry of pushback on his zoning, so it's careful inching, and GL has his spots to get some small damage in the process, too. Plus, I learned GL's more damaging combos, and they're really helping on punishing stuff like his b13. It made a huge difference for me, whereas before when I played CubanGuy, I chucked my controller at one point (VERY hard for me to get to that point).

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Damn dude didn't mean to get you that mad. It's the character I swear lol. We should play again soon then I wanna see what new stuff you got. From what I remember though you were punishing my B13s pretty consistently.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2