What's new

General/Other To the lab online warriors....

In high level play, Sinestro (like many characters) will struggle vs characters that can punish from mid screen and block strings. I played THTB last night for about 50 matches and it was hard.

He was punishing things with b12 that I have not seen punished... d2, b13, fear... he plays green lantern. for christ sake... GL jump 1 was stuffing d2???????????????????? even when i did it extremely early???????????????????

I still want to believe Sinestro can compete but I am telling you guys.. if you play someone patient and has the tools to punish you it is going to be hard.

So... Sinestro most essential footsie tool (b13) can be punished for 45% against GL and many other characters. How can we make this safe guys.

It will require muscle memory... hit confirming. If B1 hits then go to your bnb b13, b3 et cetera... if B1 is blocked... how can we make this safe? preferable without meter.

B13???? cancel to MB fear (it can be ducked), to arachnid... you can get poked btw the arachnid and MB, impact gets counter hit and will not come out, MB f/b3 is an option but you burn two meters. GL full punish is 11 so the 11 breaks the armor on b3/f3 so no...

there is a space where you literally CANNOT use zoning tools with sinestro against characters like GL/raven/DS/et cetera. of course b213 or f2d1 or dash throw or dash overhead is an option but you cannot create space at certain ranges. again guys... i understand this character... but he is just to unsafe. he takes so much work... when you can play a character like frost and spam slide to 40% resets.

i am thinking out loud guys but these are the things that will make or break him.

...simple answer????????????? trait!!!!!!!!!!! when that fricken orb is flying sinestro is amazing. so the answer to all the questions is get trait out? you can make everything he does safe. and don't waste it. save the trait to make stings safe...

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Green Lanterns ji1 is too good. I play Green Arrow and there is no answer if you dont read the jump in.

prospic

Noob
Why do you want to get close to them for a safe 3 trait string? Sisnestro is a zoner and keep your trait to keep them full screen. DF1 (trait) if they jump, this will get a free shakles. Also, sisnestro can do df1 and another DFMB trait Df.. Trait for a good full screen pressure.

Why do you want to get close to them for a safe 3 trait string? Sisnestro is a zoner and keep your trait to keep them full screen. DF1 (trait) if they jump, this will get a free shakles. Also, sisnestro can do df1 and another DFMB trait Df.. Trait for a good full screen pressure.
this is the kind of crap that makes me want to not come to the forums. you obviously do not play at a high level or play against high level players.

if you can keep them full screen... ya... um that is ideal lol.

if they block there way into about half screen where the force lift thing can punish ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of you zoning tools... then he can punish all of your strings.... what are you supposed to do.

waive a flag and say "this isn't fair... go back in the corner so i can throw random fears and impacts!"

if you think zoning characters do not need to create some pressure to change the pace of the match ... or simply to get damage when you are behind... you should probably go play tetris and let the big boys have a conversation.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
this is the kind of crap that makes me want to not come to the forums. you obviously do not play at a high level or play against high level players.

if you can keep them full screen... ya... um that is ideal lol.

if they block there way into about half screen where the force lift thing can punish ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of you zoning tools... then he can punish all of your strings.... what are you supposed to do.

waive a flag and say "this isn't fair... go back in the corner so i can throw random fears and impacts!"

if you think zoning characters do not need to create some pressure to change the pace of the match ... or simply to get damage when you are behind... you should probably go play tetris and let the big boys have a conversation.
damn

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
The least they could have done was make his trait available right off the bat like other characters instead of having to charge the trait.

Batman doesn't have to stand there and charge, Black Adam doesn't have to charge, GL doesn't have to charge, Superman doesn't have to charge. Why the fuck does Sinestro have to charge and leave himself vulnerable for two seconds or so especially since it is vital to his up close game IMO.

prospic

Noob
You probably do know me when i play more high competitive players than you.I play with KH crew all the time and you talking about online being competitive? Be real kid. I said sisnestro is used to be a zoner not for rushdown with trait. I understand you trying to b13 when its not safe. Thats not smart from you and this is why you get punish by smart players. If you do not like the character change to a rushdown character instead.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
In high level play, Sinestro (like many characters) will struggle vs characters that can punish from mid screen and block strings. I played THTB last night for about 50 matches and it was hard.

He was punishing things with b12 that I have not seen punished... d2, b13, fear... he plays green lantern. for christ sake... GL jump 1 was stuffing d2???????????????????? even when i did it extremely early???????????????????

I still want to believe Sinestro can compete but I am telling you guys.. if you play someone patient and has the tools to punish you it is going to be hard.

So... Sinestro most essential footsie tool (b13) can be punished for 45% against GL and many other characters. How can we make this safe guys.

It will require muscle memory... hit confirming. If B1 hits then go to your bnb b13, b3 et cetera... if B1 is blocked... how can we make this safe? preferable without meter.

B13???? cancel to MB fear (it can be ducked), to arachnid... you can get poked btw the arachnid and MB, impact gets counter hit and will not come out, MB f/b3 is an option but you burn two meters. GL full punish is 11 so the 11 breaks the armor on b3/f3 so no...

there is a space where you literally CANNOT use zoning tools with sinestro against characters like GL/raven/DS/et cetera. of course b213 or f2d1 or dash throw or dash overhead is an option but you cannot create space at certain ranges. again guys... i understand this character... but he is just to unsafe. he takes so much work... when you can play a character like frost and spam slide to 40% resets.

i am thinking out loud guys but these are the things that will make or break him.
Sinestro can definitely handle the GL. When he gets closer, you should not be using FB unless you MB it. Much of Sinestro's game revolves around baiting. You should use his hesitancy to charge up your trait and make him feel like he has to move. GL also has a horrible dash that is blown up by the FB, so he has to walk or jump to get in.

Sinestro can definitely handle the GL. When he gets closer, you should not be using FB unless you MB it. Much of Sinestro's game revolves around baiting. You should use his hesitancy to charge up your trait and make him feel like he has to move. GL also has a horrible dash that is blown up by the FB, so he has to walk or jump to get in.
I hear that you know what your talking about. So lets talk. I agree with everything you just said. At the mid range I do A LOTTTTT of jukes with his trait charge or actually charge it. i agree with this. juking the traint charge usually causes a reaction out of your opponents. depending on the range.. juke to dash throw/overhead/1b23 +5 or juke xx shackles et cetera... u do have options but you have to condition then to not push buttons.

at the sweep range to mid range... what are you doing to create space? no, jump back as GL can do the grab thingy on reaction, no zoning tools...

i agree with you but this is a range that is tough as gl can punish nearly all essential strings. f2d1 is good but good players like thtb will grab that on reaction with the force lift thingy

b21 can be jumped on reaction for full damage. sometimes just doing a random b2 educes a jump you can punish...

Cowboy... its that range man. just after sweep to midscreen that is reallllllllly hard.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I hear that you know what your talking about. So lets talk. I agree with everything you just said. At the mid range I do A LOTTTTT of jukes with his trait charge or actually charge it. i agree with this. juking the traint charge usually causes a reaction out of your opponents. depending on the range.. juke to dash throw/overhead/1b23 +5 or juke xx shackles et cetera... u do have options but you have to condition then to not push buttons.

at the sweep range to mid range... what are you doing to create space? no jump back as GL can do the grab thingy on reaction, no zoning tools...

i agree with you but this is a range that is tough as gl can punish nearly all essential strings. f2d1 is good but good players like thtb will grab that on reaction with the force lift thingy

b21 can be jumped on reaction for full damage. sometimes just doing a random b2 educes a jump you can punish...

Cowboy... its that range man. just after sweep to midscreen that is reallllllllly hard.
Yes it is hard, but he has to take risks as well. If he gets fooled with the trait, he is getting punished hard. And when you have the trait it becomes even more difficult for him because you can use B13 in footsies. Really his only sort of safe option is B13 which can be interrupted with a back dash, and B12 which is full combo punishable.

If you have trait... you can just delete this whole thread lol problem solved.

What do you mean if you "fool him with trait?" induce a jump?dash?force lift? only one of those options is legit man. if you juke him... you have to immediately do b13 at the correct range... if he doesn't dash then you get whiff punished. if he lifts... full punish at the right range... if he jumps... d2 to punish bue jump 1 beats it clean or trades a lot.

please elaborate on this .. fool him with trait.