What's new

This community and Match Ups

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Why the hell do people care if people post their mu numbers. Its a damn forum where people voice their opinions.. doesn't mean you have to agree with it and it doesn't hurt anyone

I guess 70% of users arent attending, interested, or of the mindset of tournament players. TYM is mostly online now. Not much point preaching these points in the OP to TYM current user base. But if it inspires some to better themselves then it is what it is I guess. But perhaps Brady is wasting his breath on a community that has changed its demography from the tourny scene we had in the last 1-2 years of MK.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Seriously, how fucking hard is it for people to spell my name right?
It ends with a Z. Its not rocket surgery.
A Z looks like a S and that looks like a 5 which can be an upside down 2 on the right day. The fact anyone can even read such a complicated name speaks volumes about the success of the American school system

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
match ups to me are decided on the highest level players of 2 characters playing their character and using all of their tools and abusing them while having the knowledge to exploit the other characters tools.

for example: I could air laser spam the hell out of a majority of the cast which is a great tool of mine and I'm abusing it. but when I play an aquaman I can't just abuse it because they have a tool and can exploit it with a from the d and body me which takes away my tool of air laser spamming

random or average level players shouldn't be making match up charts. that's like me going online and bodying everyone and then say superman beats everyone 9-1 because they had no idea what to do against me.

hopefully I made sense to everyone cuz I'm rushing thru this but yea that's how I see match up being determined :p

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
This game is no where near fleshed out, but I feel the base mechanics of the game is as far as it will go. I think almost all the universal tech that is present, will be all there will ever be. NRS didn't give us much of a sandbox w this one like mk9. Still love IGAU tho :D

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
This community doesn't want to grind out MU's. We just want to convince ourselves that we know what we're talking about. Most people are all for the delusions, too. It's more comfortable because it helps maintain egos whereas saying "i don't know yet" for some reason means you're a scrub.

This community will forever be content as semi-pro.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Who knows. MUs have drastically changed in the past. In MK9 for example. Maybe Arrow has some undiscovered tech to deal with Aquaman. Or at least even it out.
No, I'm sorry, but there is no secret tech that will make any difference in this match up.

The only way this match up changes is if in a future patch they make Arrows D1 6Frames and make him a power Character.

Or if they Nerfed the range and speed of AMans D1/D2 and FTD.

Arrow is like a dog with his balls cut off that wants to still fuck. He can sure try to get it done, but in the end nothing he can do will be effective.

Other matches need to be fleshed out, this is true, and they will be. But this one is set in stone, and it is wet dog shit horrible for Arrow. It might even be worse then 3-7, but I'm not here to throw around numbers, because some people get offended by that sort of thing on a website dedicated to competitive fighting games.

No, I'm sorry, but there is no secret tech that will make any difference in this match up.

The only way this match up changes is if in a future patch they make Arrows D1 6Frames and make him a power Character.

Or if they Nerfed the range and speed of AMans D1/D2 and FTD.

Arrow is like a dog with his balls cut off that wants to still fuck. He can sure try to get it done, but in the end nothing he can do will be effective.

Other matches need to be fleshed out, this is true, and they will be. But this one is set in stone, and it is wet dog shit horrible for Arrow. It might even be worse then 3-7, but I'm not here to throw around numbers, because some people get offended by that sort of thing on a website dedicated to competitive fighting games.
I was trying to be optimistic lol.

CD jr

Noob
when a fighting game doesnt have much depth is kinda easy to tell what works, who is top, and judge match ups within 6-12 months of the games life time. example? option selects in sf4 were not fully being used till like a 2 years after the games released at least in america, tac inf in marvel etc. using sf2 as an example of match ups changing is complete bullshit because before there was no youtube, scene was WAYY smaller, and there wasnt a major tourney every month and of course with the release of hd remix players went back to play the original super turbo and some things change because its easier now because of everything we have. figuring match ups these days and finding out tech is 1000x easier because of the tools we have now. why match ups keep changing in sf4 kinda stupid to not realize why. since 2009 the games has dramatically change 4 times and next year it will change again. injustice? if the developers are telling the truth and the last patch was really the last patch then w.e you figure out in terms of match ups in the upcoming months then good chances are thats how it will stay for ever. just trying to spread some knowledge when it comes to match ups. injustice is very straight forward and doesnt have much depth like sf4, marvel(even though the game sucks) mk9, kof etc. if im wrong i want someone to tell me possible things that can be figured out later in injustice. inf? unblockables? stage combos? only thing i see changing honestly is characters that people thought were ass be good and people that think characters were good not be so good like flash or as like to call him jax 2.0.

PS. i was really close to not post all this shit after i wrote it because well everyone knows how much i give a fuck about this community anymore BUT it saddens me to see the way some people go about match ups and i thought i might help you out for this one last time. also let me take this time to say that i want to be labeled the asshole, crybaby, villain of the community cause honestly this site is full of 2 face people and pussies. pussies that will text me on my personal phone and talk more trash about injustice then i ever did but after either their character got fixed or buffed, or a match up changed after the patch all of a sudden love the game and talk shit about me on podcasts and shit lol and most of these people work/worked on the game. i always keep shit a buck and always give everyone me, the real me. and i dont suck up to no one either. anyways sorry for derailing the thread but since i wont play injustice after nec and wont have a reason to come this site at all i thought i would let this out my chest. and for the record i REALLY REALLY cared about injustice at one point and wanted to be good at it EVEN after walk speed and other things didnt change but after hearing a couple of thing trough the grape vine about why some things changed, somethings didnt, and why x characters got buffed or nerfed i lost interest and hope for the game right away.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
when a fighting game doesnt have much depth is kinda easy to tell what works, who is top, and judge match ups within 6-12 months of the games life time. example? option selects in sf4 were not fully being used till like a 2 years after the games released at least in america, tac inf in marvel etc. using sf2 as an example of match ups changing is complete bullshit because before there was no youtube, scene was WAYY smaller, and there wasnt a major tourney every month and of course with the release of hd remix players went back to play the original super turbo and some things change because its easier now because of everything we have. figuring match ups these days and finding out tech is 1000x easier because of the tools we have now. why match ups keep changing in sf4 kinda stupid to not realize why. since 2009 the games has dramatically change 4 times and next year it will change again. injustice? if the developers are telling the truth and the last patch was really the last patch then w.e you figure out in terms of match ups in the upcoming months then good chances are thats how it will stay for ever. just trying to spread some knowledge when it comes to match ups. injustice is very straight forward and doesnt have much depth like sf4, marvel(even though the game sucks) mk9, kof etc. if im wrong i want someone to tell me possible things that can be figured out later in injustice. inf? unblockables? stage combos? only thing i see changing honestly is characters that people thought were ass be good and people that think characters were good not be so good like flash or as like to call him jax 2.0.

PS. i was really close to not post all this shit after i wrote it because well everyone knows how much i give a fuck about this community anymore BUT it saddens me to see the way some people go about match ups and i thought i might help you out for this one last time. also let me take this time to say that i want to be labeled the asshole, crybaby, villain of the community cause honestly this site is full of 2 face people and pussies. pussies that will text me on my personal phone and talk more trash about injustice then i ever did but after either their character got fixed or buffed, or a match up changed after the patch all of a sudden love the game and talk shit about me on podcasts and shit lol and most of these people work/worked on the game. i always keep shit a buck and always give everyone me, the real me. and i dont suck up to no one either. anyways sorry for derailing the thread but since i wont play injustice after nec and wont have a reason to come this site at all i thought i would let this out my chest. and for the record i REALLY REALLY cared about injustice at one point and wanted to be good at it EVEN after walk speed and other things didnt change but after hearing a couple of thing trough the grape vine about why some things changed, somethings didnt, and why x characters got buffed or nerfed i lost interest and hope for the game right away.
See even Jr knows Arrow vs Aquaman is a horse shit bad match up that will never change ;)

nice post, sucks we will lose out on your knowledge and hype, good luck in KI and SF4. See you back here when MK10 drops sir.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Does this mean you dont want to hear any complaining about how broke WW is at NEC?

Its a joke....

STORMBEARDFIREHAMMER

Child Progidy
*** ADMINISTRATIVE NOTE: Hmmm, ok but if this thread turns to utter shit filled with troll images... consider it already locked.

Rant if you will, do not troll.*** ~ STORMS

The MU fad is back in town but its ridiculous on how ppl go about this..

Rather than play 999999999999999999999999999 matches, they choose to play 10-50 matches and thats the MU, END OF DISCUSSION!

There are god knows how many players who will play a mu as a FT10 or FT20, and if they win, no more games for you till next month. There are also players who have an "I beat you enough today" attitude.

MANY players abuse a lot of gimmicky things and absolutely refuse to GRIND stuff out. If they win, no more games for you. Ok.. so after 50 games you are winning, awesome... Will you still be winning after 500 games? If you are still winning, will you be winning by 20 games or 1? After 800 games will you still be winning?

If this community is REALLY as thirsty for knowledge as it claims to be, then a suggest a serious change in the way you guys do mu's..

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Seams like I am not the only person who has the same problem with getting matches against key members of the "upper" level of this community. Well at least Perfect Legend had no problems playing with me last night.

Ashenar

I enjoyed reading this.

Seams like I am not the only person who has the same problem with getting matches against key members of the "upper" level of this community. Well at least Perfect Legend had no problems playing with me last night.
I don't know what you're talking about. I've played a ton of sets against great, upper-level forum regulars completely at my own whim. I've rarely had anyone decline a friend request or game invite unless they're obviously playing someone else (hint: you can see this in your friends list on xbox live).

I mean, they're not going to schedule their personal lives around you. You can't expect that of anyone. But this community is very open to playing everyone, must more so than any other fighting community I've been a part of except the Blazblue community, which was always small.

Ashenar

I don't know what you're talking about. I've played a ton of sets against great, upper-level forum regulars completely at my own whim. I've rarely had anyone decline a friend request or game invite unless they're obviously playing someone else (hint: you can see this in your friends list on xbox live).

I mean, they're not going to schedule their personal lives around you. You can't expect that of anyone. But this community is very open to playing everyone, must more so than any other fighting community I've been a part of except the Blazblue community, which was always small.
I've actually asked various people to play me over the past few weeks. Not a single one has ever even responded back to let me know if it will or wont happen. Not worried about it now I'll just play ranked and PL whenever he has time since he seams to share the same problem I have.

DarkPage

Noob
I think match up charts are good for creating conversation, but the people creating them have to be open to conversation and ideas.

When somebody else brings up a point on a matchup and offers a different number, half of the people I see on TYM say something along the lines of, "Nope, not true. Play me I'll body you or GTFO." If you aren't going to be open to discussion and new information about match ups then you shouldn't be talking about them. Of course no match up chart is set in stone, and anybody acting like they are is just is just silly.
1000 times agree with this, I never mention a number in a match up, Ill say like i have a problem in a match up then people will throw out numbers but all im really looking for is advice on the best way to go about fighting it lol