What's new

This community and Match Ups

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I agree with this post, though. By the time we're a year or 15 months deep there should be an MU chart. Good players should be grinding out matches and representing their character(s).

My biggest concern is the fact that the stickied posts in most character forums look like they did one month into this game. I think it's getting about time for character guides to be written, MU charts to be made (and updated regularly), and combo threads to have their OP updated with the character's actual bnbs in an organized fashion, for every character.

Seriously, a lot of the character forums are an absolute wreck right now. I'll learn someone new, play around in the lab, and then watch a good player play that character on stream and realize everything I learned is outdated or wrong because there's no character guide and I didn't feel like going through the entire MU/bnb thread.

tl;dr: if you actually care about your character, update the OP of their stickied threads.

I agree with this post, though. By the time we're a year or 15 months deep there should be an MU chart. Good players should be grinding out matches and representing their character(s).

My biggest concern is the fact that the stickied posts in most character forums look like they did one month into this game. I think it's getting about time for character guides to be written, MU charts to be made (and updated regularly), and combo threads to have their OP updated with the character's actual bnbs in an organized fashion, for every character.

Seriously, a lot of the character forums are an absolute wreck right now. I'll learn someone new, play around in the lab, and then watch a good player play that character on stream and realize everything I learned is outdated or wrong because there's no character guide and I didn't feel like going through the entire MU/bnb thread.

tl;dr: if you actually care about your character, update the OP of their stickied threads.
GL forum

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I feel like tech characters like CW, Bane, Lex, etc will take much longer until we can decisively decide where they stand on match ups. As a Bane player I find myself doing the very basics because that's what still works.

Once people learn how to fight these characters and develop strategies against it, the real dirt will start coming out.
Yes, exactly. This game is still so young.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

I made a preliminary guide for Bane. It's relatively outdated but it's still somewhat handy.

The Bane forums are working on an ultimate Bane guide for learning how to use him. We're just purposely holding it back. :)

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I call bullshit on Tom's original post.

If someone posts a thread with their ideas on Nightwing matchup numbers, myself and others will reply to it to start a conversation. Between all of us, we have different playstyles, different W/L ratios, and a lot of experience. While I may not have nearly as much experience as other players, I can contribute my ideas to this thread and see if I bring up an insightful viewpoint or if my perspective is due to my abusing something "gimicky".

The point I'm trying to make is that a community can come together to create a conversation in which valid matchup numbers are determined. It doesn't require an unemployed "professional video game player" to spend 16hrs a day playing the same game to make these numbers.

I've said this before, sf2 turbo players have been having matchups changed for 20 YEARS!!!!!. As much as people hate to say it, a year or even 2 years isn't enough to see things fully for a fighting game. Who knows what would've happened in mk9 had we gave it one more year and etc. Now granted some games it seemed blatantly obvious who were the best characters (like mvc2 and umk3), but still i'm sure they found some things that changed that factor. Overall, many want to discuss matchups, but it is true that we shouldn't have a number completely set in stone after like a few months or what not. Heck we can't even get a damn tier list for this game that many can agree on, so we know we don't know the matchups super well yet.

I've said this before, sf2 turbo players have been having matchups changed for 20 YEARS!!!!!. As much as people hate to say it, a year or even 2 years isn't enough to see things fully for a fighting game. Who knows what would've happened in mk9 had we gave it one more year and etc. Now granted some games it seemed blatantly obvious who were the best characters (like mvc2 and umk3), but still i'm sure they found some things that changed that factor. Overall, many want to discuss matchups, but it is true that we shouldn't have a number completely set in stone after like a few months or what not. Heck we can't even get a damn tier list for this game that many can agree on, so we know we don't know the matchups super well yet.
MUs are never set in stone. I view MU threads more as guides and how it's being view currently. People who made these threads need to stay involved in the MU discussions and use that edit button.

Theres a reason as to why out of all of threada ive ever made. Matchup numbers have never been one of them. This implies you personally played 3 TOP guys with different styles of one character and grinded it out.... so I dont see how some people have full MU charts. Also so many people take online play as the law

Take it from this online warrior #283637 just because you are good vs. Randoms doesn't mean you can touch folks in live play. Online I went in feeling like Michael Jordan. Went to AK for the first time and left feeling like Johan Petro...

You probably never heard of Johan he plays dor the Nets and is 7 feet tall of walking sorry. Back go pokemon X I go.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I think match up charts are good for creating conversation, but the people creating them have to be open to conversation and ideas.

When somebody else brings up a point on a matchup and offers a different number, half of the people I see on TYM say something along the lines of, "Nope, not true. Play me I'll body you or GTFO." If you aren't going to be open to discussion and new information about match ups then you shouldn't be talking about them. Of course no match up chart is set in stone, and anybody acting like they are is just is just silly.
Nope, not true. Play me I'll body you or GTFO.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think the only problematic thing is the "end of discussion" aspect. I enjoy discussing MU numbers and reading other people's opinions, but when someone has decided that a MU is set in stone and that's just the way it is, well there's nothing you can really discuss with them.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
My only real gripe is that people are so overly concerned about it. Like it shouldn't even be a big deal. Sure you can post your chart like a thousand other people but no one really benefits.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The real problem, at least in my eyes, are the people who are opening threads (stickied threads even) and not updating them. Or making BnB threads and simply the OP saying "Post combos here" and now a player who wants to pick up this character has to sift through pages and pages to find ONE combo worth learning.
If you want to update a BnB thread, I've got your back. Just let me know.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I think the only problematic thing is the "end of discussion" aspect. I enjoy discussing MU numbers and reading other people's opinions, but when someone has decided that a MU is set in stone and that's just the way it is, well there's nothing you can really discuss with them.

^This. It is called a match-up DISCUSSION for a reason. Some people legitimately play 2-3 games vs. a character and then argue the match-up like they've played it their entire life and don't listen to anyone about anything.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
And you have Doombawks: BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE BANE
Seriously, how fucking hard is it for people to spell my name right?
It ends with a Z. Its not rocket surgery.

Why are people taking MU numbers as finalized at this current state of the game?

Same with MK9, the game kept evolving, and MU's were for the most part, majorly agreed upon near the end of the game's tournament life.

Why is Injustice any different? MU numbers and discussion is a healthy aspect for the game's progression.
Although, people need to stop finalizing numbers right now and saying everyone else is wrong.

I play Zatanna and Raven, and I have my own opinions, but I am VERY open to reasonable discussions, and I don't let pride (wins), or salt (losses) interfere with the discussion.

Top player or not, everyone deserves a chance to voice their opinion.