What's new

This community and Match Ups

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Precisely. After a KF j2 2 you can backdash both the b1 and f3 and d1 doesn't link into f3; its not a 50/50 mix-up or hard to block
Good God when you are under this impression, then it's no wonder you think she's bad.

I guess this makes sense.

Test it
f3 after f113 is also backdashable in the corner and punishable depending on the character
My guess is that you're doing it late. This wouldn't be the first time you jump to conclusions about KF due to your own fuckups.

But even if you aren't, you can easily switch to raw j2, which is DEFINITELY NOT backdashable. That's the setup I've been using since the beginning because it's much tighter. It's a 1% damage loss over j2, 2, which is negligible and preserves her 3-touch kills.

On topic, Tom is definitely right. MUs are not determined by whoever is perceived to be the top player of a certain character playing whoever else is perceived to be the top player of another character and seeing who wins. Those sets are great for helping us UNDERSTAND the MU, as they may point out tactics and responses that we hadn't considered fully before. But they absolutely DO NOT DICTATE the matchup numbers.

The MUs will evolve as players come and go from the limelight. Strategy in the abstract is more enduring than any one player.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Oh man I just had a fucking thesis written out to reply to this thread but then i actually read the OP and I realized it wasn't directed towards me. Bye-bye wall of text.

I justify matchups by the general tools and gameplan my character has vs my opponents characters tools and gameplan. Thats how matchups should be decided. Of course they should change as the game is fully fleshed out because new things are always being discovered. One of the my favorite things to do is play someone who think they win the matchup until I persuade them otherwise, and vice-versa. That's the best part about fighting games, the game completely changes as tech and strategies are developed.

Ok its the online lag that made it backdashable which is why I'd never do standing 2 after j2 but the fact remains, KF is bottom 5
I think your Killer Frost is bottom 5. You might just not be good at playing her because I've played Khaotik's Killer Frost a ton, and he utilizes her tools like they should be utilized. Def top 10 character. Top 5 may be questionable by some

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I think your Killer Frost is bottom 5. You might just not be good at playing her because I've played Khaotik's Killer Frost a ton, and he utilizes her tools like they should be utilized. Def top 10 character. Top 5 may be questionable by some
Every character in Injustice is top 10

I've played him. He's bad. It's clearly where his opinion is coming from.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
*** ADMINISTRATIVE NOTE: Hmmm, ok but if this thread turns to utter shit filled with troll images... consider it already locked.

Rant if you will, do not troll.*** ~ STORMS

The MU fad is back in town but its ridiculous on how ppl go about this..

Rather than play 999999999999999999999999999 matches, they choose to play 10-50 matches and thats the MU, END OF DISCUSSION!

There are god knows how many players who will play a mu as a FT10 or FT20, and if they win, no more games for you till next month. There are also players who have an "I beat you enough today" attitude.

MANY players abuse a lot of gimmicky things and absolutely refuse to GRIND stuff out. If they win, no more games for you. Ok.. so after 50 games you are winning, awesome... Will you still be winning after 500 games? If you are still winning, will you be winning by 20 games or 1? After 800 games will you still be winning?

If this community is REALLY as thirsty for knowledge as it claims to be, then a suggest a serious change in the way you guys do mu's..
It's the newer era of gamer who have never seen an arcade or games that could not be patched.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Around a month ago, and based on your performance, I'm sure you can't keep them all straight.
?
I'll play you tomorrow If I'm on, not like I have anything to prove. Ranked match just gets boring really quick on the game because no ones picking black adam anymore

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I think match up charts are good for creating conversation, but the people creating them have to be open to conversation and ideas.

When somebody else brings up a point on a matchup and offers a different number, half of the people I see on TYM say something along the lines of, "Nope, not true. Play me I'll body you or GTFO." If you aren't going to be open to discussion and new information about match ups then you shouldn't be talking about them. Of course no match up chart is set in stone, and anybody acting like they are is just is just silly.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
To give my two cents (I don't make a lot of money, so no food tonight :(). The whole MU thing is fine, as long as you don't get caught up in it. I mean, I main Hawkgirl. Whenever someone picks Doomsday, Deathstroke or (to a lesser extent for me) Sinestro, I don't just drop the match cause "Well, this is a shit matchup for me, why bother?" The guys I play with happen to main counterpicks for Hawkgirl, I'd quit the game if that was the case. It helps you adapt (I sorta hate that phrase, but it fits here) if you understand why X has more advantages in a fight with Y, and change your playstyle around that

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Please continue to preach the truth and gospel, Bill. I can't help but roll my eyes when I hear players say in regards to a certain MU, "well, uhhh, I played so and so offline at (insert major here) and destroyed them, so it's def. in (insert their main here) favor."

Also, some characters in the game that posses tech for days (Catwoman) are still no where near fleshed out. I have always found MU charts and MU numbers so odd...it's almost like an excuse barometer so if the player happens to lose against said character they can just recite someone's magical MU number, "awww well, ggs bro, but that is a 4-6 MU for my character..." and in their mind, this is why they lost.
I feel like tech characters like CW, Bane, Lex, etc will take much longer until we can decisively decide where they stand on match ups. As a Bane player I find myself doing the very basics because that's what still works.

Once people learn how to fight these characters and develop strategies against it, the real dirt will start coming out.