What's new

This coming Thursday marks the 1st year anniversary of MK11's launch. Should we be expecting any sort of an announcement?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
MK11 Story is a mess.
yes beautiful visually, but one big mess full of plot holes, characters that were turned into jobbers, Kotal Khan and Shao Khan are weaker than Cassie Cage. Yeah... makes total sense.
Time controlling boss who keeps bringing back those that are going to defeat her even tho she has the power to NOT BRING THEM BACK??

Erron black, a mysterious badass cowboy who was introduced to us back in MKX and turned into a generic jobber, disappearance of main characters and revenants from MKX left unexplained...even tho it's a direct continue to MKX.
Probably due to writers crunching it and just wanting to go the hell home already.
NRS treated their employees bad on this one, and it shows. it's a huge mess, and they really hoped the outstanding graphics will distract us from the fact.
too many retcons. too many OP Kombat kids game after game
Kotal Khan and Shao Kahn were weaker than Cassie way back in MKX - MK11 is nothing new on that front.
Erron Black was a jobber in MKX as well. He just had five lines of dialogue more in the previous game.
Kronika probably brought back Liu Kang so that he and Raiden would play her 'pit one against each other' game once more, like in all previous timelines.

Employees were doing crunch ever since MK9, so I fail to see the correlation - not that you make any sense here, you are beginning to rant at this point.
Retcons are good if the results are good. You hated the Sindel retcon and the kombat kids. If it was a retcon that would make Erron Black ten times more important to the story and give him a bigger role, I'm sure you'd have no problems with retconning at all. Seems a little hypocritical, don't you think? :)

Too many missing characters from 3D era that would fit perfectly in the story. they gave us Sextrion and Kollekturd rather then listening to fans who are thirstyyyy for all of the favorites in ONE GAME.
Don't hate on my boy Kollector, especially when you're trying to prop up the amount of absolute garbage like Li Mei, Kira, Kobra, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Daegon, Taven, Reiko, Jarek, Darrius, Dairou and Shujinko in the 3D Era.

The only place these characters fit perfectly is in the bin.

Last edited:
COVID-19 pandemic has Illinois generally shut down so I don't understand why anything would be expected. Whatever was going to happen or be announced for MK11 will definitely be delayed, realistically by months.
This is an irrelevant argument, being that Boon made a statement that NRS employees are still working from home during the pandemic.

Mr.Khen

I am you
Kotal Khan and Shao Kahn were weaker than Cassie way back in MKX - MK11 is nothing new on that front.
Erron Black was a jobber in MKX as well. He just had five lines of dialogue more in the previous game.
Kronika probably brought back Liu Kang so that he and Raiden would play her 'pit one against each other' game once more, like in all previous timelines.

Employees were doing crunch ever since MK9, so I fail to see the correlation - not that you make any sense here, you are beginning to rant at this point.
Retcons are good if the results are good. You hated the Sindel retcon and the kombat kids. If it was a retcon that would make Erron Black ten times more important to the story and give him a bigger role, I'm sure you'd have no problems with retconning at all. Seems a little hypocritical, don't you think? :)

You are assuming too much my friend,

I am ok with rectons if they make sense, thought through, literally Sindel's retcon origininated from
(according to Stephanie) "Well, she looks evil so we decided she should be evil" I can't hop on that logic.
As for Erron Black, I preferred he'd be less fleshed out since in MKX at least he had a sense of mystery to him. and
MKX story was good and bad imo. MK11 just took it to a whole new level of bad with the time-travel b.s

MK11 gave too much content with gear skins etc for the same amount of time they developed MK9 and MKX,So I stand behind my words MK11 was HELLA CRUNCH and I don't know if you had the chance to read the ex-employees who stepped forward and talked about it.

I found your comment a little rant inducing and I fell for it sorry :) . Allow me to express myself as I allow you fair game? with all the respect to you of course.
The reasoning behind bringing back Raiden and Liu so they could finally kill her is still forced and meh...and makes her seem weak for an MK Boss.
Also why didn't she resurrect Shinnok? But yeah, let's bring Shao Khan... Kronika is the weakest boss in MK history.

Last edited:

Mr.Khen

I am you
Don't hate on my boy Kollector, especially when you're trying to prop up the amount of absolute garbage like Li Mei, Kira, Kobra, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Daegon, Taven, Reiko, Jarek, Darrius, Dairou and Shujinko in the 3D Era.

The only place these characters fit perfectly is in the bin.

I dislike him.. not ashamed of it.
I do think Tanya, Reiko, Fujin,Havik, Sareena (3d era characters sir) (Shinnok, Quan Chi are 3d era became fan favorite characters as well need I remind you)
had way more potential to get reinvented rather than introducing the new characters...

Look how AMAZING Tremor turned out to be in MKX and he was never even playable. He became my favorite Ninja after Smoke.

Last edited:
I don't know what you people see in Reiko. He has nothing interesting to bring to the table aside from being Shao's ambitious General (which Shao already has many of) and throwing some Shuriken. Leave him to his gooey fate in the MKX comic.

Anyway the Game will have to update with more Seasons on the way after the next 4 are done.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Wow Losty Girl playing mk11 story. This something huge but kinda weak celebration. Dynasty should play towers of time and uncaged gamez should play the krypt for the celebration. Ed Boon; you are wasting the true potential sir.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, fucking joke NRS does not take advantage to promote better the game ..... exaclty when the game makes 1 year ! :mad: so, perhaps when MK franchise gonna be 30 years old in 2022, I dunno, maybe they will make nohting in favour of the series, kinda, "ok, MK has made 30 years on the road, so what ?" .... hehe :DOGE

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
yep, fucking joke NRS does not take advantage to promote better the game ..... exaclty when the game makes 1 year ! :mad: so, perhaps when MK franchise gonna be 30 years old in 2022, I dunno, maybe they will make nohting in favour of the series, kinda, "ok, MK has made 30 years on the road, so what ?" .... hehe :DOGE
I think the main reason is Mr. Ed Boon tired of making mk games. I feel that in every interview he did. He always mentioning that he wants to make another game with another title in another genre. When he feels fresh to make another mk game, i think we gonna have another legendary mk title in the future.. I still keep tons of respect to Mr. Boon and Mr. Tobias. My childhood heroes..

xenogorgeous

I think the main reason is Mr. Ed Boon tired of making mk games. I feel that in every interview he did. He always mentioning that he wants to make another game with another title in another genre. When he feels fresh to make another mk game, i think we gonna have another legendary mk title in the future.. I still keep tons of respect to Mr. Boon and Mr. Tobias. My childhood heroes..
hmm, this make sense , maybe is time for a full retirement, and pass the torch for some younger and hunger for sucess person, that loves MK, and so, can bring new blood , fresh ideias and revolutionary stuff for the franchise ? :confused:

I love Boon and he is a great guy, but, fair is fair : if you are a creator and you don't feel like and don't put anymore 100% of passion in your creation thing work, maybe could be the right time to get the fuck out of there then, hehe :p

Maybe keeping Boon for another new franchise or project , not related with MK, and put another dude for MK direction, I dunno .... :(

Last edited:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
hmm, this make sense , maybe is time for a full retirement, and pass the torch for some younger and hunger for sucess person, that loves MK, and so, can bring new blood , fresh ideias and revolutionary stuff for the franchise ? :confused:

I love Boon and he is a great guy, but, fair is fair : if you are a creator and you don't fell like and don't put anymore 100% of passion in your creation thing work, maybe could be the right time to get the fuck out of there then, hehe :p

Maybe keeping Boon for another new franchise or project , not related with MK, and put another dude for MK direction, I dunno .... :(
Personally i would love to see John Tobias as a leader for the dev team again. Ed Boon takes his time to make his dream game ( most likely an online shooter game like Fortnite or Overwatch ) and he gonna be happy and fresh whenever he returned. Dreaming..

xenogorgeous

Personally i would love to see John Tobias as a leader for the dev team again. Ed Boon takes his time to make his dream game ( most likely an online shooter game like Fortnite or Overwatch ) and he gonna be happy and fresh whenever he returned. Dreaming..
yep, that could work, problem is that John Tobias, recently, does not seems to be personally interested in return back to MK franchise , he looks happy with the stuff he is doing nowadays, so, maybe someone new , with new vision, could be interesting to watch ..... :cool:

There is a rumor that NRS is working on Marvel game, to be announced this or next year. So they might be taking a longer break from MK.
Is this possible, being NRS a studio belonged to WB (being a DC owner), a rival of Marvel ? :D

Last edited:

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
All you crybabies should really try some other games instead of coming daily to tym to whine about everything. Bet those ppl are also going to anti lockdown protests crying for haircuts.

xenogorgeous

@xenogorgeous Yes it is possible. It happened in the past with LEGO games and few other crossovers.
if so, ok then .... since Predator and Alien are IP belonged to Fox at the time of MKX, and Fox being a direct competitor of WB, and both reached a deal for MK franchise, yeah, it's possible .... but a LOT of money for a possible contract for something like this, a Marvel game made by a studio from WB, could be involved ..... :)

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
NRS making a Marvel vs DC game may be the shit.

But I don't see them making a full Marvel game - not that they CAN'T do it, but wouldn't it be weird to make Marvel and DC Injustice at the same time?

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see it.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
NRS making a Marvel vs DC game may be the shit.

But I don't see them making a full Marvel game - not that they CAN'T do it, but wouldn't it be weird to make Marvel and DC Injustice at the same time?

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see it.
marvel vs dc would be awesome but even a injustice3 with some marvel guest chars would be nice. i still believe that some of dvorah´s round poses are from a spiderman build they have somewhere hidden for one of the both options mentioned above.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
marvel vs dc would be awesome but even a injustice3 with some marvel guest chars would be nice. i still believe that some of dvorah´s round poses are from a spiderman build they have somewhere hidden for one of the both options mentioned above.
Hmm … I thought she was based on Blue Beetle, tbh. But I see your point with her web-cocoon move.