What's new

This coming Thursday marks the 1st year anniversary of MK11's launch. Should we be expecting any sort of an announcement?

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
9:37 AM in Chicago during a world-wide epidemic and there's no announcement yet?! Game's dead. RIP in pepperoni.
It's called they should've been working on an update way before COVID took off in the US and that after Final Kombat they had almost a month before things got bad yet somehow they have NOTHING to offer. We literally had 3 dead months before Final Kombat. You're telling me they did nothing during that time?

Art Lean

Noob
What’s this charity thing they’ve got going on, featuring the absolute two worst voice actors from the game (Ronda Rousey and Dimitri Vegas)? That’s due to take place today as well isn’t it?

Raider

Noob
One thing i REALLY don't get tho. Why is this girl (i really don't know her) torturing herself by playing that messy ass story mode for the 2nd time. Love yourself please.

I am not sure what Kontent Kreator tournament are you talking about. Never heard of it.
It's one of the brackets for Kombat for a Kause, a tournament they're doing. It was kinda fun the first couple days because it was pros using custom variations. Now it's just a bunch of random ass people I've never heard of trying to fumble their way through a match. The fact that it's for charity is neat and all, but maybe save the good matches for the anniversary rather than making it feel like I'm watching my friend play MK for the first time.

Raider

Noob
It's one of the brackets for Kombat for a Kause, a tournament they're doing. It was kinda fun the first couple days because it was pros using custom variations. Now it's just a bunch of random ass people I've never heard of trying to fumble their way through a match. The fact that it's for charity is neat and all, but maybe save the good matches for the anniversary rather than making it feel like I'm watching my friend play MK for the first time.
Oh it's a continuation of that thing when two worst voices of the game played it few days ago?? What a joke, lmao.

Was there anything for the one year anniversary of Mortal Kombat X? I want to say no. There definitely wasn't for Mortal Kombat (2011).

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
One thing i REALLY don't get tho. Why is this girl (i really don't know her) torturing herself by playing that messy ass story mode for the 2nd time. Love yourself please.
Actually, I've played that three times so far and still loving it. I found it ten times better than MKX's, and twice as good as MK9's.

Just because you think something is crap doesn't mean everyone else does.

Mindblown, I'm sure.

ANYWAY ...

What if … Kombat Pack 2 / Aftermath Kollection ...

… is being saved …

for a PS5 / X Series X reveal next month?

Ppl are expecting anything to happen because they are not happy and are frustrated with the state of the game.
Or MAYBE some other people love the game and can't wait to see more of it.

You see half a glass empty, I see half a glass full.

In MK9 there was no second season, just extra skins given to the Vita Port.

In X, KP2 was teased earlier than its one year anniversary and announced at the Game awards.

Raider

Noob
Actually, I've played that three times so far and still loving it. I found it ten times better than MKX's, and twice as good as MK9's.

Mindblown, I'm sure.

ANYWAY ...

… is being saved …

Good for you.

Mr.Khen

I am you

Mindblown, I'm sure.

ANYWAY ...

… is being saved …

MK11 Story is a mess.
yes beautiful visually, but one big mess full of plot holes, characters that were turned into jobbers, Kotal Khan and Shao Khan are weaker than Cassie Cage. Yeah... makes total sense.
Time controlling boss who keeps bringing back those that are going to defeat her even tho she has the power to NOT BRING THEM BACK??

Erron black, a mysterious badass cowboy who was introduced to us back in MKX and turned into a generic jobber, disappearance of main characters and revenants from MKX left unexplained...even tho it's a direct continue to MKX.
Probably due to writers crunching it and just wanting to go the hell home already.
NRS treated their employees bad on this one, and it shows. it's a huge mess, and they really hoped the outstanding graphics will distract us from the fact.
Too many retcons. too many OP Kombat kids game after game

This franchise needs a proper reboot with John Tobias to stop the Bias!!!

This game only showed me the darkside of NRS. Daanish Syed said the game is not made with the fans in mind, but for the studio, the writers were frustrarted and toxic towards fan feedback. truth be told.

NRS needs to take a break from MK, feels like they are bored with it so they keep re-inventing the story even though it was supposed to be a trilogy re-told.

Too many missing characters from 3D era that would fit perfectly in the story. they gave us Sextrion and Kollekturd rather then listening to fans who are thirstyyyy for all of the favorites in ONE GAME. but nahhh let's bring more guests instead, and potentially 6 of them #vom
Dark Raiden was gone by the second chapter and they literally used him to tease MK11 at the end of MKX.
LIKE SERIOUSLY???

I am glad you enjoyed the story, I enjoy the visuals and a few selected scenes. but in full honesty judging by the ending, even NRS the thought their plot is dumb since Kronika ended up resetting time. So essentially none of the things that had happened actually happened.

And that's why this entire story was pointless, and dumb as hell.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
COVID-19 pandemic has Illinois generally shut down so I don't understand why anything would be expected. Whatever was going to happen or be announced for MK11 will definitely be delayed, realistically by months.