What's new

This coming Thursday marks the 1st year anniversary of MK11's launch. Should we be expecting any sort of an announcement?

xKMMx

Banned
Probably not. Just due to the fact that they may not have been able to do any development stuff for the past little while. I hope there is something though cause I am so bored with the game. I haven't played in nearly a month since3 Spawn was not the boost to my enthusiasm for the game I was hoping for. Honestly unless there is some major change to the gameplay I don't think anything will get me fully bought back in to but I am still curios to see the new characters.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I'm not expecting anything big, honestly. I think we'll get an announcement of a future announcement.

If we do get something like a Kombat Pack 2 trailer, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Kung Lao better get a proper buff. Overhead and make the teleport more useful. Really Lao’s most iconic move is useless against ok players.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
A big wall of post for something that DOES make sense. A video game basically is a movie production at this point. A parent company could absolutely have mandated what its studios are currently working with, video games or movies. It’s silly to think otherwise.
A wall of text that you CLEARLY didn't read.

I've touched upon the differences in my previous post. And as somebody who works in the games industry, they are not 'basically' a movie production. There's much more to them, and to boil them down to being the same thing is very, very silly and shows a lack of understanding when it comes to games development.

Nope, there's been zero tweets and NRS doesn't really do surprises anymore. I think NRS really has lost their touch with fans. I think people would settle even for the acknowledgement, just a tweet with a tease about Fujin / Sheeva etc.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Anounc
Nope, there's been zero tweets and NRS doesn't really do surprises anymore. I think NRS really has lost their touch with fans. I think people would settle even for the acknowledgement, just a tweet with a tease about Fujin / Sheeva etc.
when all your stuff get leaked month ahead there is not much to surprise people with. still...content is still coming out for the game so expect a season 2 pass/the new edition and most likely some balance changes coming the next weeks.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Anounc

when all your stuff get leaked month ahead there is not much to surprise peoplel with. still...content is still coming out for the game so expect a season 2 pass/the new edition and most likely some balance changes coming the next weeks.
I wonder if NRS is going to pull a Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 3 and change quite a few things in the gameplay to make MK11 more attractive to the eyes of MK9/X fans …

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Do NRS often tweet at 4 in the morning or at night? Might want to wait for them to all wake up right?

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
I wonder if NRS is going to pull a Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 3 and change quite a few things in the gameplay to make MK11 more attractive to the eyes of MK9/X fans …
the only "big" thing i can imagine to come is the combo breaker, breaker...which spawn got for the whole cast.
maybe on top a new tournament variation loadout but i dont expect some other big gameplay adjustments...which i for myself dont even need. some small tweaks here and there would be fine.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
dunno.. considering it is the most played fighting game in the world with the largest sales and larges simultaneous users on the 3 major platforms nearly a exact year after relase I do not think there is any "more attractive" changes coming.

I do think there will be structural changes. It seems pretty clear to me that they are going to follow the MKx style of doing large structural changes like MKx to MKxl... I would bet like SFV, each season will have engine changes like to how meter works or breakaway or FB and stuff.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
SteamSpy and MS and Sony.. try google.
steamspy is not reliable anymore. to see the playerbase on pc you need to use steamcharts.com
sony and ms...which site shows the actually playernumbers for these platforms? i dont know of any and no , google doesnt help theire either.

Mr.Khen

I am you
90% of the time, they tease before an announcement so I'd be really surprised if anything is to be revealed or even teased today.
Considering the leaks that went on I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to try and keep it hush hush for realz this time. but I still don't think we are getting anything today... one can only hope

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Considering the leaks that went on I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to try and keep it hush hush for realz this time. but I still don't think we are getting anything today... one can only hope
Right now, I'm happy to know they're working on KP2/patches. Hopefully in the next couple of months (around June) we'll have a reveal - hopefully one that includes Havik!