What's new

This coming Thursday marks the 1st year anniversary of MK11's launch. Should we be expecting any sort of an announcement?

After all we've known about a "Kombat Pack 2" for quite a while now, and what better date is there to reveal the next batch of DLC characters than the game's first anniversary? Especially since Spawn was the last MK11-related announcement with no hints at KP2 at the Final Kombat

With the COVID outbreak slowing things down across the FGC (meaning majors and locals are being cancelled/delayed left and right as communities try and move into online), it would be really nice to know what awaits MK11 in the coming months. Unless, of course, NRS considerably got hit by the virus, causing all sorts of delays in terms of new content development

Time flies huh

Mr.Khen

I am you
I think we will get something, maybe a hint towards a KP2 or some sort of dry acknowledgment that KP2 is being developed...
maybe due to the virus characters will get released in a different manner, I don't think NRS or WB would want to miss the momentum unless they would.. which again... everything is possible with those fellas

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Especially since Spawn was the last MK11-related announcement with no hints at KP2 at the Final Kombat
This is not true. Joshua Grey told us at Final Kombat that a lot of exciting things are coming (for MK11) and he can't talk about it. If this isn't a KP2 teaser, I don't know what is.

That said, I don't think we're getting anything on the anniversary. Boon would've tweeted something to cock-tease us by now.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
WB is currently delaying all of its films. What makes you think they’d care about missing the momentum of a year old fighting game?
Films are shot on sets with huge swathes of people. NRS are probably working from home (as far as I'm aware, most game devs are, so I'm assuming here).

Films are also released in the cinema, a very social activity in a crowded environment. Games are played at home.

There is no comparison, they're two different forms of media. Delaying films makes sense as the main bulk of revenue comes from the cinema, hence holding off releases. Some studios are braving it and releasing films straight to streaming services for an increased fee (upping them to roughly the same price as cinema prices) but they're not doing too well there as half of the reason cinema prices are the price they are is because of the environment/experience you're watching the film in.

Silly comparison imo, and it has as much relevance as me saying "but what about album delays!".

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I hope so... there should at least be an acknowledgement I would expect.. but IMO, I think a content announcement would be cool.

I don't know, but is the NRS studio shut down? They may have been shut down for a while now.. so everything could be hella delayed.

i sincerely doubt we'll get a reveal, but maybe if we're lucky we'll get an acknowledgement (something coming soon or that it's all been delayed due to virus etc...)

BlissfulMedusa

Modern Woefare
Films are shot on sets with huge swathes of people. NRS are probably working from home (as far as I'm aware, most game devs are, so I'm assuming here).

Films are also released in the cinema, a very social activity in a crowded environment. Games are played at home.

There is no comparison, they're two different forms of media. Delaying films makes sense as the main bulk of revenue comes from the cinema, hence holding off releases. Some studios are braving it and releasing films straight to streaming services for an increased fee (upping them to roughly the same price as cinema prices) but they're not doing too well there as half of the reason cinema prices are the price they are is because of the environment/experience you're watching the film in.

Silly comparison imo, and it has as much relevance as me saying "but what about album delays!".
A big wall of post for something that DOES make sense. A video game basically is a movie production at this point. A parent company could absolutely have mandated what its studios are currently working with, video games or movies. It’s silly to think otherwise.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Maybe a tweet or something in acknowledgement but Covid definitely delayed whatever they are working on, I was expecting it to be a lil while after Spawn anyhow. They also got blown up for their crunch culture.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Before Covid happened I would have said yes, expect some sort of announcement but now I am not sure. Like previous poster said probably a tweet , maybe a special Tower Of Time event or something. Not a KP2 trailer or anything big like that lol