What's new

Things you felt like should have been in MKX? (Not regarding Balance or Netcode)

J1gabyte

Noob
-The option to deactivate automatic match recording (it clogs up your cloud if you don't delete it) or at least not have it upload to your save game cloud storage.
You can disable the automatic uploads. If you're on PS4, it's in the settings under Application Saved Data Magagement > Saved Data in Online Storage i think. hit the options button on MKX and uncheck "Auto Uploads" or whatever it is.

Last edited:

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Just overall there should have been better anti-airs. Like if certain special moves had "air crush" properties where they were invincible against air attacks only. Uppercut just gets flatout stuffed too many times.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
A couple of small notes, but like most of you I am really enjoying the game.

Sindel.
King can back out of KOTH without loss.
Weather effects off option.
Better matchmaking for less experienced players.
Shorter Arcade towers.
Combo trials, with character exclusive rewards/icons
maaaaaybe Friendships :p

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Filters for searching for a match (3 Bars, 2 bars, 1bar). Will not get paired against anything lower than Green bar for ranked.
Chess Kombat w/ Online
Klassic Costumes for all Original MK Fighters (MK1-Armageddon costumes)
Klassic Fatalities
Kart Kombat w/ Online (As tacky as it was, it was fun)
Puzzle Kombat w/ Online
Animalities
Friendship(s)
Unlockable MK Music from other games (Deadly Alliance and MKD had the best soundtracks imo)
Frost
Reiko
Fujin
Havik
Smoke
Cyrax
Sektor
Shang Tsung (I know he "died", but this is MK, that doesn't really stay that way)
Konquest Mode (IMO, this was the most immersive thing they ever did with the series)
Gave better payout for koins (MKD did this best imo) (It seems like they nerfed koins so you'd be more inclined to buy krypt. Not sure if this was NRS's decision or WB's)
More alternate costumes for the new cast (IMO Cassie Cage's original render was way better than her finalized one)
Option to turn off background animations (Make it less distracting for people with ADD/ADHD)
Correct Frame Data (kind of off putting for those of us who want to learn the game)
Fully Functional Playback System w/ Youtube Upload feature (would help those of us without capture cards)
More factions (Realm based instead of "Clans", would of preferred Edenia, Chaosrealm, Netherrealm, Earthrealm, Orderrealm, ect.)
Make a faction limit (Can't have over [insert amount of people here] in one faction, factions also rotate so everyone can be a part of each one. After you have obtained level cap in each faction you can stay with one)

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
true matchmaking that finds players of equal skill level.
The first time I hopped online - the first time, 0/0 record - I was matched up with a guy who had 1000+ wins/under 100 losses. Great matchmaking algorithm you got there!

As a professional programmer myself, seeing garbage like that, particularly when there are tens of thousands of people playing, really grinds my gears. That's the best the system could match up?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Kart Kombat w/ Online (As tacky as it was, it was fun)
Friendship(s)
Unlockable MK Music from other games (Deadly Alliance and MKD had the best soundtracks imo)
Reiko
Fujin
Havik
Smoke
Cyrax
Sektor
Shang Tsung (I know he "died", but this is MK, that doesn't really stay that way)
More alternate costumes for the new cast (IMO Cassie Cage's original render was way better than her finalized one)
Option to turn off background animations (Make it less distracting for people with ADD/ADHD)
Correct Frame Data (kind of off putting for those of us who want to learn the game)
Fully Functional Playback System w/ Youtube Upload feature (would help those of us without capture cards)
Yeah!!:cool:

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Something that shouldn't have been in is breakers draining your stamina and taking 4 times longer to recover. You're already losing all your defensive options and maybe your ability to make a comeback, making it piss easy to ensure their meter was wasted.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
1) Smoke.
2) Ping numbers instead of colourful bars :p
This pretty much. No Smoke = fail (at least partly).

And I can't stand the ping bars. They are either grey, barely yellow, or red. AKA you never know wtf is gonna happen when you get in.

And then that awful moment when the character select screen lags in the match, and you realize you're fucked, and it's input-delay time.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Option to turn off interactibles with out 1 player and 2 player having to BOTH choose interactibles off. Player one can choose to have it off & Player2 can have it on if she/he wishes. It messes with my inputs hardcore every time I'm by one and I'm in full combo or whatnot and I activate it by pressing 1,2 together. Rrraaagghhh I hate it so bloody much!!! This. Is. A. MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Konquest Mode or a mini Mythologies game about Quan Chi or Shang Tsung's detailed past leading up to MK1
Puzzle Kombat.
Full variation training mode based off of MKDA or MKD or even Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha series where If you complete 100% you get a secret character.
Tournament Mode
Option to face a secret character depending on win streaks, flawless victories, Fatalities or Brutalities.
Mini MKII game with out variation WITH Shang Tsung & Baraka as secret characters to beat and win if possible
Fujin.
Rain
Sareena
Frost.
Baraka

Baraka. The game needs him.

Game Scavenger

Rage is true power!
Frost should have been on the team with Cassie, Takeda, Jacquie, and Kung Jin. There wasn't anyone on the team to represent the Lin Kuei who are also protecting Earthrealm after all they are the next generation of fighters right so why not? MKX comics should have been the plot to the game instead. I hate inconsistent story and characters who are godlike at one moment running over everyone then suddenly they are a pushover cough (Shinnok).

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Frost should have been on the team with Cassie, Takeda, Jacquie, and Kung Jin. There wasn't anyone on the team to represent the Lin Kuei who are also protecting Earthrealm after all they are the next generation of fighters right so why not? MKX comics should have been the plot to the game instead. I hate inconsistent story and characters who are godlike at one moment running over everyone then suddenly they are a pushover cough (Shinnok).
I don't know if you've ever paid attention to the continuity of MK games, but this is definitely nothing new. Changing the story and the non-canon parts and such.

Game Scavenger

Rage is true power!
I don't know if you've ever paid attention to the continuity of MK games, but this is definitely nothing new. Changing the story and the non-canon parts and such.
I already know too well with MK but still with the series rebooted and a clean slate and they just jump into the same old habits oh well.