What's new

Things you felt like should have been in MKX? (Not regarding Balance or Netcode)

Really? It bothers you guys that much?? Wow...
Maybe hello kitty island adventure is more for you?
Even if you're not "a huge wuss" they are completely unnecessary and just become a nuissance after the first 100 times it happens. Having the option to turn them off would hurt no one and would save a lot of time if you want to get your shit and gtfo of the krypt and start actually playing the game again.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Even if you're not "a huge wuss" they are completely unnecessary and just become a nuissance after the first 100 times it happens. Having the option to turn them off would hurt no one and would save a lot of time if you want to get your shit and gtfo of the krypt and start actually playing the game again.
While we are at it, why not turn fatalities off? They are unnecessary and become a nuisance after a 100 times.. Having the option to turn them off would be awesome.
Not to mention the wusses might get scared.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
One idea that just hit me was an option to turn on a different sound being played on blocked hits that indicate if the attack is punishable on block or not. Perhaps a deeper tone to correspond with the severity of the punish?

Not sure how feasible that would be to implement, but maybe to indicate the level of frame advantage/disadvantage on the move instead?

Either one would be incredibly useful.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
Tag Kombat

The NPC's who weren't playable in story to be actually playable.

Another one of the ____ Kombat minigames

Friendships (Hey, this game is dark, why not set a funny/lighter tone with these?)

A ranking/matchmaking system for online

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
Really? Making fun of people who are maybe a little more sensitive to that kind of stuff? Calm down Randy Savage.
I know right? I have severe heart issues and the slightest jump scare (which for some reasong the mk ones are bad, probably because i'm paying attention to the krypt items and not thinking about it when it happens) but when I go to the krypt I have to turn my volume all the way down and sit on edge to avoid having a heart attack :p

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Friendships. I know that Fatalities are the "thing" about MK, but I don't like doing them. I'd much rather do a Friendship, especially when playing an intense set with good friends, or just to keep a positive competitive atmosphere during a tournament. So please, NRS, give me the option to do Friendships. Thanks.

EDIT: And make them cool friendships, not lame product placement (Scorpion doll, I'm looking at you!). I would PAY for friendships, NRS. I would PAY you cash money.

P.S. And you can tell by my signature image that I would really, really like Baraka to be playable.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
does this piss anybody off that team ranked is just you randomly getting teamed up with randoms against of team of randoms?
why cant i get one with a team in ranked to face a team in ranked, the way they have it make it no more different than ranked just more games, if they had it with proper teams would prolly get a full matches there too

SGX

Noob
I feel like the blood during gameplay is not nearly as noticeable as previous MKs. Kinda wish they would have kept it like MK9

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
One of the things I really miss in many of the MK games is a decent practice mode. Like I get that it is a good mode, but I really liked the way MK vs DCU did it.

The mode had to great things in it that were not in 9 or 10.

1. You could select your move to be demonstrated by the computer. So you could see it.
  2. The game actually had kombos, not just strings. Even pretty large BnB combos.
This is what I wish the game had. I used to love in MK vs DCU that if you went to practice mode you could load up a few BnB kombos, you would get the keys at the top of the screen and could even get the computer to play it for you. So you always had some level of BnB ready to go no matter who you picked up. This was great for us casual noob players.

Now we are forced to go to youtube and look up vids and all that. It was so convenient to have this built into the practice mode as a feature, and the cleaver part was that it only had BnBs... not the super massive kombos.

The other thing I thought would be cool.. would be Friendships.

The entire faction system as well as having the "Kombat Kids" in this game seams like a perfect opportunity to bring back friendships. Jonny beats his daughter? How about a friendship instead of smooshing her face off? You are brotherhood of shadow and facing quan chi... frendship as you know.. we are thematically on the same side. Anyway, I think MKx had the perfect set up for this or something similar with a different name.

Also Stage Fatalities. I know there is a stage brutality on dead woods (is that the only one) but I think it would be great to have "proper" stage fatalities.

Last.. I know it is not "missing" but 2 fatalities each is just not enough. I think 5 is more like it.

SGX

Noob
I really hated memorizing extremely long canned strings. I much prefer the flexibility of shorter strings, and being able to break the combo up into smaller chunks.

It would be cool if they had "sample combos" that you could have demonstrated for you, much like Tekken does.

-Tag mode
-Smoke
-Noob (yeah I liked Noob)
-Tutorial mode
-The 100 level challenge tower
-Online without PS+ (and I am a PS+ member)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Four bars of Meter.

The mindgames and metagame change/watching the community explode alone would make it worth it.

Am I the only one who's ever considered this?

I think they should of added training mode for each character and variations. Similar to the challenges in sf4 and the character training mode in DoA5.