What's new

Things you felt like should have been in MKX? (Not regarding Balance or Netcode)

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Smoke, because Smoke.

Online training mode to help learn match-ups or just get basic character training under your belt with someone else.

Deeper tutorial system, rather than just "press this button to punch."

Anything at all that isn't the Krypt. Seriously, my hatred of that place burns with the fury of 1,000 suns.

Better regional matchmaking. I swear, every time I get matched with someone online they're playing from the future.
There is an online training mode................... I have used it many times in fact to help myself learn the match ups

stage fatalities.

maybe in-match variation switches, but they should have made it slow so you need a knockdown to activate it or sth, so the game is not both players just switching through variations like its mkda

alternatively, if you accept it is like it is: quick variation select without going to fighter select

online double elimination brackets!

Isn't tag a side mode as well? it has to be that way.

You, as a competitive 1v1 player, you find test your gimmick more interesting than tag?
lol fuck no! I honest to god cannot stand test your luck/might/gimmick at all, it's by far the worst mode in the entire game. I would much rather have tag mode, but it makes sense that they wouldn't spend dev time on something that no one played and it was pretty broken. (I'm guessing casuals play test your luck more, but I have no idea how anyone enjoys it)

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
lol fuck no! I honest to god cannot stand test your luck/might/gimmick at all, it's by far the worst mode in the entire game. I would much rather have tag mode, but it makes sense that they wouldn't spend dev time on something that no one played and it was pretty broken. (I'm guessing casuals play test your luck more, but I have no idea how anyone enjoys it)
Drunk test your luck with friends is god like though

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
-Classic stage or two with Easter eggs. How are there no stage Easter eggs at all...
-Some PLAYABLE MK4/5/6 characters besides Quan, Kenshi, and Shinnok.
-Sub boss that made sense for the story line.
-Throwback towers that made sense.. MK1 tower without Shang?
-Xrays that didn't give almost everyone an eye gouge?

Last edited:
Can i share my story? me and my friends are old school mk fans. Since the mk9 days, many other friends and girlfriends joined us.
Also, i'm the most competitive of this group while the rest are a wide variety from super crap to casual/ lightly competitive.
What happened in mk9? The super crap player goes with me, and 2 descent casuals on the other team. Boom. let's play and get drunk until tomorrow.

Now what? these casual friends want to commit suicide every time they play test your fail, while I too, can't believe how useless and fraud these modes are. Especially when i finish a tower with countless flawless victories and brutalities and get nothing than points and faction war bullshit to shove deep in my butt.

MK9's challenge tower was a GOOD gimmick. challenges where you had to shoot zombies, fight Johnny's director, cyber reptile… the ridiculous dialogues etc.

Bro, i don't have ps plus yet, so i can't play the crappy online. What more i can do than play the very hard AI in a normal tower???

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
DLC characters should have alt costumes...so should Goro.

16-32 man man online tournament mode with brackets.

The ability to mute online opponents. OMFG TELL YOUR MOM TO STOP VACUUMING!

A New Stage with each DLC character release. 2 Klassic stages, Camp Crystal Lake, and Predator ship.

Ping numbers! 3 bars is lame as hell.

Hitboxes in practice mode.

More stage Brutals

I'd kinda like to have an audibal noise when you build a bar of meter too. That'd be nice.

Can i share my story? me and my friends are old school mk fans. Since the mk9 days, many other friends and girlfriends joined us.
Also, i'm the most competitive of this group while the rest are a wide variety from super crap to casual/ lightly competitive.
What happened in mk9? The super crap player goes with me, and 2 descent casuals on the other team. Boom. let's play and get drunk until tomorrow.

Now what? these casual friends want to commit suicide every time they play test your fail, while I too, can't believe how useless and fraud these modes are. Especially when i finish a tower with countless flawless victories and brutalities and get nothing than points and faction war bullshit to shove deep in my butt.

MK9's challenge tower was a GOOD gimmick. challenges where you had to shoot zombies, fight Johnny's director, cyber reptile… the ridiculous dialogues etc.

Bro, i don't have ps plus yet, so i can't play the crappy online. What more i can do than play the very hard AI in a normal tower
Totally agreed, that does suck. I guess I can see how test your luck can be fun, but really it's just kombat with limitations, and that's not fun to me. I don't like being buffed or handicapped for the match, it's not enjoyable.

MK9's tower actually felt like content, while these towers are just the same exact thing as test your luck but with more or less modifiers. Sucks that you can't play 2v2 with your friends anymore. I too haven't been playing online lately because my internet is ass, so i'm stuck in the lab, regular tower, and single fight. Gets pretty repetitive lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
noob, sektor, fujin, not-tanya, an actual tutorial mode that instructs new players how the deeper mechanics of their game works, not-tanya,

a new tarkatan would be cool too

Old school vs endurance matches.

It would have been a good way to allow 2v2 to satiate the tag mode fans, with minimal development work needed and no balance problems with tag assists etc. It would have been a much superior addition compared to the stillbirth that is Team Battle.

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
I would pay $20 for tag back. Me and my friend played that all the time on mk9 and it's what got us into it.

Totally agreed, that does suck. I guess I can see how test your luck can be fun, but really it's just kombat with limitations, and that's not fun to me. I don't like being buffed or handicapped for the match, it's not enjoyable.

MK9's tower actually felt like content, while these towers are just the same exact thing as test your luck but with more or less modifiers. Sucks that you can't play 2v2 with your friends anymore. I too haven't been playing online lately because my internet is ass, so i'm stuck in the lab, regular tower, and single fight. Gets pretty repetitive lol
Exactly. it felt like content. Do you know when the disappointment got the best of me? a few weeks a go there was a throwback MK1 tower, with a secret battle with reptile in the destroyed city stage. Reptile, with his regular lizardoid skin, and no shang tsung. Yeah, great throwback

a few days ago there was a throwback mk2 tower. with a secret battle with…… Kitana. In her mournful Variation. To resemble the secret battle with Jade. While the mk2 jade was using fans as a swap of kitana.

Please. if you are to do it, do it right or not at all.
God I'm so angry!

Scrotie79

Wannabe Pro Jobber
! This is another one from the umk3 days that has not been seen in a long, long time.

Exactly. it felt like content. Do you know when the disappointment got the best of me? a few weeks a go there was a throwback MK1 tower, with a secret battle with reptile in the destroyed city stage. Reptile, with his regular lizardoid skin, and no shang tsung. Yeah, great throwback

a few days ago there was a throwback mk2 tower. with a secret battle with…… Kitana. In her mournful Variation. To resemble the secret battle with Jade. While the mk2 jade was using fans as a swap of kitana.

Please. if you are to do it, do it right or not at all.
God I'm so angry!
Yeah they really coped out on those towers. Like where was the smoke secret battle, hmm? or the Noob Saibot secret battle? Where the fuck was Shao Khan, Kintaro for the mk2 tower? Great now I am pissed and I want to go punch some bag guys in the dick!

Plop

Noob
A trials or combo challenge feature, similar to street fighter's. I tweet Boon begging for one every time a new game is announced but alas...

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
- One (character-themed) arena per character in the Kombat pack, adding another four arenas, making the 30 bucks more reasonable
- A story mode in sync with the comic
- An MK9 Sub-Zero (Tournament) costume

Still, the game is a beauty. Even with the absence of all the above I can hardly complain. Except for the netcode, which should have been KI level